Abc News/washington Post Poll: Obama Leading Romney Ahead Of First Debate

News_Editor

Most comments are calling it a win for Biden, though not a big win. Ryan, though competent, appeared nervous drinking water constantly, and seemed a bit intimidated by Biden.

Funny, thats not my opinion but I listened on the radio: my reaction was that it was a draw with little significant coming from either side. I would be surprised if it impacts the polls at all.

That was my take too. On substance, it was a draw, but, so far, Biden is getting a lot of criticism from the press for smirking and laughing through the whole debate and even when discussing sensitive subjects.

• Like 1

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One liberal commentator just said that Biden did a good job, but his constant smirking worked against him. Chris Wallace said that he has never seen a VP debate where one candidate was so openly disrespectful of the other in modern history - Biden's behavior was "unprecedented."

It was still far more interesting than the soozefest of last week. Biden did very well in my opinion.I am looking forward to the TV post debate debate.

• Like 1

One liberal commentator just said that Biden did a good job, but his constant smirking worked against him. Chris Wallace said that he has never seen a VP debate where one candidate was so openly disrespectful of the other in modern history - Biden's behavior was "unprecedented."

Young Mr. Ryan was caught fibbing.

Sure, Ryan was more stylish, but Biden did what he had to do Biden showed that he was well informed and quick. Ryan was too rehearsed and caught flat footed when he had to back up his statements. Ryan did well and he'll charm alot of women.

Biden's fighting personality is something Romney's "47 percent" can relate to very well as opposed to the stiffness of Ryan.

Ryan will charm not so many women. He came out clearly to make abortion illegal! This will fire up the single women demographic that is the key to winning this election.

Edited by Jingthing

Because Massachusetts is mostly democrats and always votes for democrats in presidential elections.

Funny. They made Romney governor. They made Brown senator. Clearly they vote for republicans when they want them. Speaking as a former Massachusetts voter.

So far the fact checkers think that it was Biden who was dishonest. Biden said extra security was not requested in Libya, but documents, State Department cables and Congressional testimony just this week show more security for the consulate in Benghazi was requested as early as March 2012. All three also showed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens received death threats from Al Qaeda in July 2012. And, Biden repeated the untruth that there was a protest outside of the consulate prior to the attack, despite the administration knowing there was no protest and that the attack was an act of terror within 24 hours. On top of that, Biden threw the intelligence community under the bus by claiming that they had given the administration bad intelligence.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Big time win.

However much you want this to be true, I just don't see it.

Almost all of the post-debate comments I've heard agree its more of a draw.

CBS News Snap Poll:

19 % draw

31 % Ryan

50 % Biden

I would bet the house that EVERY credible poll you will see in the coming days will CLEARLY show a MASSIVE debate win for Biden. He did his job. The momentum of Romney has now been blocked. Now we'll have to see the momentum changes from neutral to pro Obama.

Edited by Jingthing

Sure, Ryan was more stylish, but Biden did what he had to do Biden showed that he was well informed and quick. Ryan was too rehearsed and caught flat footed when he had to back up his statements. Ryan did well and he'll charm alot of women.

This is it. Biden needed to really put the boot in,so Biden put the boot in. Politics is a dirty business.

Jingthing isn't running for president.

It's Obama vs. Romney.

And thanks to Obama's feisty fighting VP, Obama's prospects for reelection have been greatly been enhanced today.

Again, I defy anyone to come up with even one credible poll in the next days showing the public thinks Ryan won this debate.

You won't.

Romney supporters, you should probably move on, lick your wounds, and look to the next two presidential debates. Because today was a very bad day for Romney supporters, and no amount of wishing, spin, or complaining about Biden's amusing folksy facial expressions is going to change that.

Edited by Jingthing

Young Ryan seems to be a pleasant enough young man with it all before him and will no doubt learn alot from the experience. It is just a shame he is running with the village idiot. The old dog Biden cut the young man down a few times but he sure stayed the distance. Impressive indeed.

Again, I defy anyone to come up with even one credible poll in the next days showing the public thinks Ryan won this debate.

Maybe not. Most people seem to think that it was pretty much a draw and will not help or hurt either candidate.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Young Ryan seems to be a pleasant enough young man with it all before him and will no doubt learn alot from the experience. It is just a shame he is running with the village idiot. The old dog Biden cut the young man down a few times but he sure stayed the distance. Impressive indeed.

I actually think he lacks charisma and will never be vice president OR president. We don't really want such a stiff talking point zombie wonk in chief.

Maybe not. Most people seem to think that it was pretty much a draw and will not help or hurt either candidate.

If the goal was to stop the Romney momentum, and it succeeded, it was no draw. So when you see 100 polls saying the same thing, a Biden win, I guess all the polls are fixed then.

Well, Biden's performance certainly stopped the Obama downward spiral. Whether or not it results in a bounce or not we'll have to see. Biden definitely pulled his weight tonight, and threw a rescue rope to Obama.

Obama has an electoral lock and all he has to do to win is stop that Romney momentum that did occur after debate one. It's about winning the election. Eyes on the prize.

Big time win.

Almost all of the post-debate comments I've heard thus far, agree its more of a draw.

Jingthing also claimed that Obama won the last debate.tongue.png

He he - and I also re-collect that he didn't think the 1st debate would impact the polls - how wrong can you be.

• Like 2

Well, Biden's performance certainly stopped the Obama downward spiral. Whether or not it results in a bounce or not we'll have to see. Biden definitely pulled his weight tonight, and threw a rescue rope to Obama.

Obama has an electoral lock and all he has to do to win is stop that Romney momentum that did occur after debate one. It's about winning the election. Eyes on the prize.

Yes, latest I saw was that even if Romney wins the popular vote slightly he loses electoral vote and election.

• Like 1

I actually think he lacks charisma and will never be vice president OR president. We don't really want such a stiff talking point zombie wonk in chief.

Only if you say so. giggle.gif

If the goal was to stop the Romney momentum, and it succeeded, it was no draw. So when you see 100 polls saying the same thing, a Biden win, I guess all the polls are fixed then.

As I write this, Hannity on Fox is going into overdrive. He is clearly a worried man which says it all.

• Like 1

I defy anyone to come up with even one credible poll in the next days showing the public thinks Ryan won this debate.

Never suggested that there would be any - I bet there's a few though, that suggest a draw +/-

Two boxers and neither were capable of a knock-out punch.

However, if I had to give it on points, I'd say Ryan just shaded it and has done no harm to Romney's position. Now it's over I think Romney has a good chance, if he can keep up his form in the next two polls.

Edited by uptheos

Clearly if there is one even small time poll that thinks Biden won we will get a new thread on Thai Visa. There by avoiding that nasty headline that Obama lost the first debate.biggrin.png

• Like 1

There will be polls saying that one or another won and others contradicting each other. This is what CNN is saying.

An instant poll taken by CNN after Thursday's vice presidential debate found that voters thought Republican candidate Paul Ryan beat Vice President Joe Biden, by a 48-44 margin.

Read more: http://www.businessi...0#ixzz293SWP0iz

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Big time win.

Almost all of the post-debate comments I've heard agree its more of a draw.

CBS News Snap Poll:

19 % draw

31 % Ryan

50 % Biden

I would bet the house that EVERY credible poll you will see in the coming days will CLEARLY show a MASSIVE debate win for Biden. He did his job. The momentum of Romney has now been blocked. Now we'll have to see the momentum changes from neutral to pro Obama.

Where do you live?

CNN Poll.

http://politicaltick...an-48-biden-44/

Edited by chiangmaikelly

As I write this, Hannity on Fox is going into overdrive. He is clearly a worried man which says it all.

I would say all the whining by the liberals lately says it all, compare their comments now to a month or two ago.

Edited by beechguy
  • Like 1

I would say all the whining by the liberals lately says it all, compare their comments now to a month or two ago.

I want to know where JT is with my house.

• Like 1