Jomtien, A Good Day Out.

pattayadingo

Nice to hear a positive story.

My family also often drive out to Jomtien beach on the weekdays, and its quite nice out there especially in the low season. Easy to park the car for free, the beach is much wider than Pattaya.

Why are you telling us this?

Because we hear so much bad stuff about Pattaya and Jomtien. I had a great day in Jomtien and thought I would say that. OK????

When you drove to the end of the beach road you can go further. It's probably a good job you didn't. Round the corner and up a bit. Isn't that where the American guy on his pushbike got a severe beating off two Thais. Had to fight for his life apparantly. If you'd have gone too far down the other way towards the water park you'd have been subject to lots of gay guys on the beach frolicking with young Thai men. Stick to the middle bit and if you don't mind hoards of Russians it's ok.

Pattayadingo, what a nice story to read on here for a change.

I frequent Jomtien myself regularly and agree with your comments about the area !!!

Thank you for posting.

For some reason, Jomtien only ever really sprung to mind for immigration and the consulate.

We have been to see the Big Buddha, been down Bali Hai pier, up the hill to see the Kings statue and the boat (forget the Kings name). We have done Pattaya but are not keen on the beach because there is so little of it. The pathways are crowded and worse than that there is nowhere to park your m/c.

Out of the blue I rode down to Jomtien and my original post was what occurred to me. The peace and quiet, being able to ride along and park most places was great and having so much more beach too.

As another poster said, maybe people ought to get off their backsides and go to Jomtien a bit more, then they might see what they are missing - a little gem of a place 10 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya.

Thanks for your comment too :)

• Like 1

Because we hear so much bad stuff about Pattaya and Jomtien. I had a great day in Jomtien and thought I would say that. OK????

When you drove to the end of the beach road you can go further. It's probably a good job you didn't. Round the corner and up a bit. Isn't that where the American guy on his pushbike got a severe beating off two Thais. Had to fight for his life apparantly. If you'd have gone too far down the other way towards the water park you'd have been subject to lots of gay guys on the beach frolicking with young Thai men. Stick to the middle bit and if you don't mind hoards of Russians it's ok.

Ah, so that is where the road leads to.

TBH the construction traffic and dirt stopped me going any further.

Oh right, I see now. That's a great weight of my mind.

Edited by Rimmer
Sarcastic attempt at humour

Great post. I go to Jomtien Beach quite often for my morning walks. When the suns up, you can still walk in the shade under the trees. Especially Dongtan beach.

I like Pupen restaurant, with the blue crab out front. Great right around sunset. But don't go on the weekends!

If you kept going, you'll end up on Huay Yai road, then on to Suk. but lots of construction there right now.

The guy who had problems being attacked actually happened over on second road. And they've supposedly caught the them.

Great report!

It is OK. Some people just hate to hear that others are happy. I would recommend that in the future when you find someplace uncrowded and peaceful, that you tell no one. That way you will be able to enjoy it longer before it becomes another Pattaya.

Thanks for the story.

When i came to Pattaya 20 odd years ago ,Jomtien really was a day out ,you had to hire a baht bus to get there up a winding road ,only Buddah mountain was built on and the beach was all open with just a few shops and no hotels ect .

then it was nice ,now its just part of Pattaya.

Our mod, Rimmer, tells me these stories also. Must have been beautiful back then. You were lucky to have experienced that.