Thaksin-Good James Bond Villain?

Vale Tudo

In "Tomorrow never dies" a press magnate is about to start a war to serve his evil interests.

In Thailand he conspires to to organize a coup when the democratically elected leader is abroad giving a lecture in front of the world in New York. With the help of of hired goons, he organizes bloody protests to size the International airport and the government house and install a good looking idiot as prime minister. Then he starts a war with a neighbouring country in order to stop the democratic forces to regain power.

But then, in a typical hollywood fashion, the very beautiful sister of the deposed democratic leader organizes the rebellion against the dark forces and with the help of the democratic nations all over the world eventually restores democracy in Thailand.

The script is already written, what about Spielberg as director ?

Spielberg? Nah, I think for a rewriting of history, propaganda project, on that sort of grand scale, you'd need someone like Leni Riefenstah.

"Coming to a cinema near you, How Come Entertainment proudly presents, Triumph of the Thaksin!"

If she was alive today and living in Thailand, she would probably work for Manager.

People need to be reminded that Mr Sondhi, the source of most of your "informations", has repeatedly convicted for libel and defamation. You're definitively on the wrong side of history.

1) Mr Sondhi is not the source of most of my "informations"

2) I know it is hard for you to conceive, but being against the Shinawatras does not equate to being on Mr Sondhi's side.

3) It disgusts me that Mr Sondhi can be repeatedly convicted and still remain at large, but i accept that the problem lies not with him (as he and his lawyers are simply working the legal channels provided, and who would expect them to do anything else?) but with the legal system here that allows people (and people like him, because he is far from being the only one) to exploit legal loop holes to maintain freedom and avoid punishment.

The case with the hero at the centre of your deluded revisionist dream-like story above, is on the other hand, different in that he stepped out of the legal channels. He could have appealed his conviction. He didn't. He ran away after his attempt to bribe the courts failed. The problem in his case therefore isn't the system, it is him. He disgusts me.

Agreed and his sister might make a good Miss Moneyfanny (or whatever her name is.)

How about Abhisit as James Bond himself, he has the perfect Englishman's credentials?

Abhisit hardly exudes masculinity or steely resolve.

He'd be as suitable as George Lazenby.

Agreed and his sister might make a good Miss Moneyfanny (or whatever her name is.)

How about Abhisit as James Bond himself, he has the perfect Englishman's credentials?

Abhisit hardly exudes masculinity or steely resolve.

He'd be as suitable as George Lazenby.

Abhisit is more the Johnny English kind. Even the name suits him better smile.png

_

johnny%20english.jpglens18426240_1315162806Johnny_English_Reborn.png

Edited by JurgenG

But James Bond is not English.He's Scottish, though with a Swiss mother.Abhisit does qualify however in one way namely that he is upper middle class unlike any of the actors - all colonials or lower middle class/working class - who have played 007 in the movies (but like Bond's creator Ian Fleming).As with Bond , Abhisit was educated at Eton but the former was expelled and sent to the Scottish public school, Fettes.If one was looking for a contemporary actor with the right social background (or the very rare ability to copy it accurately) one might consider Ralph Fiennes, Rupert Everett,Damien Lewis, Tom Hiddleston or Benedict Cumberbatch.

And the all-time greatest hit - The Spy Who Loved Me Long Time. rolleyes.gif

How about...

Dr T.

From Isaan with Love

Live and let balcony dive

I was thinking Dr No Have (Mai mee)!

I was thinking more like "Dr. No Hands" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The case with the hero at the centre of your deluded revisionist dream-like story...

Deluded, revisionist ... where have you been educated ? Moscow or Pyongyang ? biggrin.png

... above, is on the other hand, different in that he stepped out of the legal channels. He could have appealed his conviction. He didn't. He ran away after his attempt to bribe the courts failed.

I think you got the story wrong, James Bong has never been a legal thriller. James Bond never fights in court, never appeals his conviction ... cheesy.gif

James Bond blows up his jail, jumps in a plane to escape the evil Dr Sondhi, reach a friendly foreign country where he meets his stunning sister and together they are going to start a revolution to bring back democracy ... That is James Bond !

Edited by JurgenG

I'm still working on how to get Odd-Job into this thread without being overly rude.

Maybe you could get him to blow something up. rolleyes.gif

I wanted to work in his headgear really.

Hat-Job just isn't funny, Head-Job is, but rude.

We could of course concentrate on the material it is made from and get that classic Bond villain, Blow-Felt.

I'm still working on how to get Odd-Job into this thread without being overly rude.

Maybe you could get him to blow something up. rolleyes.gif

I wanted to work in his headgear really.

Hat-Job just isn't funny, Head-Job is, but rude.

We could of course concentrate on the material it is made from and get that classic Bond villain, Blow-Felt.

Just make him a handyman then.

• Like 1