Unsafe / Safe Districts In Chiang Mai

2BWellTravelled

Personally i think Nimmenheimen/kad suan kaew way is a good place to be, both for staying in, and general living. Has nice accomodations, nice people, and nice places to have coffee/eat/drink etc. Can get your barings and explore a bit more after that.

Hope the squabbling hasnt dissuaded you from staying a member here!

One end of Nimmenheimen has the biggest soapy massage complex in CM (soapy + VIP pool + Karaoke + short-time hotel). The other end has the infamous 'Chiang Mai housewives club' (it's a brothel for those that don't know)

Wasn't the site of the 'Chiang Mai Bored-Housewives Club' redeveloped a few years back ? Or am I thinking of another local landmark ?

Pity as it might otherwise have qualified, for inclusion in the recent list of less-well-known Thai tourist-attractions, which the government wants to promote ! rolleyes.gif

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re

Wasn't the site of the 'Chiang Mai Bored-Housewives Club' redeveloped a few years back ?

yes ... the one on the corner was but the other two were still going

two years ago and there are many massage places like this older one

that offer a similar service : )

dave2

post-42592-0-08684600-1356502057_thumb.j

Is being with a lady of the night really that unsafe?

It's the going, getting, " being with" and getting rid of but the short answer is yes.

I repeat

And I thought the states was paranoid.

What states "was" you referring to? Paranoia is a psychological problem suffered by people.

Edited by cloudhopper

It's the going, getting, " being with" and getting rid of but the short answer is yes.

I repeat

What states "was" you referring to? Paranoia is a psychological problem suffered by people.

the United States. Why do you suppose the people over there go so far into debt to build up the worlds most powerful army to fight in Gorilla actions.

I repeat

the United States. Why do you suppose the people over there go so far into debt to build up the worlds most powerful army to fight in Gorilla actions.

Leave the gorillas alone, they're an endangered species wink.png

• Like 2

"the United States. Why do you suppose the people over there go so far into debt to build up the worlds most powerful army to fight in Gorilla actions."

I've got to thank God that it's the US that has the most powerful army.! Name me a country you would rather have the most powerful country. I don't condone all the actions from the USA but I wouldn't despise its actions considering all the maniacs in this world!

This is dangerous in the US but the bucks worth it.

post-137105-0-96478100-1356537327_thumb.

Also, this is considered dangerous:

post-137105-0-71938500-1356537433_thumb.

but I did enjoy it for about 6 bucks a few months ago in the US. The danger to me is when I found out the worker whom I talked to during her break hardly spoke English.

For the wellbeings, it's also dangerous. My friend took me around in their neighborhood to see some houses and wanted me to buy one. Look at this house:

post-137105-0-80363800-1356537863_thumb.

Sure, I may be abe to buy the house, but the problem is I can't afford, or want to, pay for the property taxes. The property taxes alone can give me a comfortable life here!

"It looks like the most dangerous place in CM could well be the gathering of posters at the next Thaivisa soiree."thumbsup.gif

Yes, and the last one was held on Loy Kroh, very few LBs there ( I was told) but many of the members did have man-boobs ! , some resembeled gorillas and many have had experience fighting guerillas. So it all makes sense now, Happy New Year and ......stay safe.

Edited by daoyai

one could get robbed or end up with everything from head lice to Herpes or HIV. your call.

Isn't that the same as spending time with a backpacker low on funds?

uhhh. not really.

one could get robbed or end up with everything from head lice to Herpes or HIV. your call.

Isn't that the same as spending time with a backpacker low on funds?

uhhh. not really.

Yes, one for the I remember when post.

Sorry was not here when they had the great hooker head lice pandemic of 97.

I wondered why so many Loi Khor girls stood around scratching their heads. I thought it was code for "there's another idiot post on the unsafe/safe districts in chiang mai" post on Thaivisa". Your post certainly made me scratch my head.

Now I recall (in CM) many more bar girls being assaulted and robbed ( and recently murdered and robbed) by punters than other way around. I appreciate that safe sex and education is not universal but the old hands to tend to school the new starters, the same health awareness cannot be said for some back packers after they have had a few drinks.

While HIV awareness campaigns have diminished in Thailand they are still there and the risks reiterated by word of mouth and knowledge of loved ones who have passed on. In the west HIV awareness campaigns are nowhere near the same scale as they once were especially as the cocktail of drugs now available dramatically reduce the progression to AIDS.

I would have thought that most of the professionals on Loi Khor continue to have their wits (health and safety wise) about them (especially with recent attacks and punters being an unknown), the same could not be said for the gay abandon by backpackers I have observed and interacted in (purely as research for this post I assure you, and I had a good shower afterwards).

By no means are all the professionals at Loi Khor professional, but head lice? Really? Are you serious?

Will you be making it to the next Thaivisa soiree in Loi Khor (shaved head optional)?

Isn't it about time we put this thread to sleep, as mentioned op has come and gone, been answered, and unseen for two months.

If posters want to deviate then create a new topic, If you want to be moralistic join a missionary on their trip north (they always do good don't they), if you want to prevent health issues help fund education of those at risk.....anything but please lets wind this one up, you're scaring me.

I apologise for resureccting this but it would seem that any mention of Loy Kroh Road starts the flame wars going and there will never be equanimity on this - saw a bunch of American evangelists in the nearby McDonalds the other day briefing their Thai counterparts (all crew cuts and action oriented verbiage) on how to spread the Good News to the sinners of Chiang Mai (Thai and Farang) - good luck with that there is a lot of sin to get on with clearing up - better start soon !

I apologise for resureccting this but it would seem that any mention of Loy Kroh Road starts the flame wars going and there will never be equanimity on this - saw a bunch of American evangelists in the nearby McDonalds the other day briefing their Thai counterparts (all crew cuts and action oriented verbiage) on how to spread the Good News to the sinners of Chiang Mai (Thai and Farang) - good luck with that there is a lot of sin to get on with clearing up - better start soon !

A female pair called around Wangtan last week. One middle-aged lady with a younger spunk .... quite a looker! But I digress .... You'd think somewhere truly in need of JC's help would gain a better audience than this beautiful Buddhist land of smiles.

Had they been male, I'd have said <deleted> off ... Buddha's got you beat 10-1. I'm not against spreading the good word, missionaries have doen some good in PNG and African nations .... but in Thailand ... <deleted>? They possibly feel safer here than at home.

A female pair called around Wangtan last week. One middle-aged lady with a younger spunk .... quite a looker! But I digress .... You'd think somewhere truly in need of JC's help would gain a better audience than this beautiful Buddhist land of smiles.

Had they been male, I'd have said <deleted> off ... Buddha's got you beat 10-1. I'm not against spreading the good word, missionaries have doen some good in PNG and African nations .... but in Thailand ... <deleted>? They possibly feel safer here than at home.

The problem with Thailand for evangelists is they are received with smiles and appreciative nods and then its back to business as usal - amulets,piis and Buddha idolatory - not much room for Jesu in all of this or if they is its a Jesus statue high on the hearth , fanta dairgn and some idolatrous context that the falang Buddha might possibly bring good luck or summat. A lot of Thai Christians though in Chiang Mai - possibly Jin.

The danger in CM, so as oher places in Thailand is walking in a soi at night. The danger is not from humans but from soi dogs. I was once confronted by about a dozen dogs, walking in the dark around 9 pm looking for that snooker hall. Glad that I got out of it. I guess they could sniff out thatl I'm a dog lover. Stupid me that I was contemplating if I would kick the pack of dogs should they come to attack. I now know the answer in hindsight.

I'm not religious but I refrain denigrating others who do. My cousin died in a car accident shortly after he threw away an amulet my FIL gave each of us one to keep in the car. I still have mine in the car.

Loh Krok is not that terrible. They do't hustle as much and generally better behave Personally, I don't see anything wrong having some drinks (including buying some) and do some chating or do some pool. But, just avoid having sexual relationship. When you think about it, the free sex so often practiced in the civilized countries is not that much different from the paid one anyway!

Loh Krok is not that terrible. They do't hustle as much and generally better behave Personally, I don't see anything wrong having some drinks (including buying some) and do some chating or do some pool. But, just avoid having sexual relationship.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

General Jack D. Ripper: No. I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I... I do deny them my essence.

Edited by amexpat