Are You A Geek?

eek

The last time I performed disgusting acts at a carnival, people were cheering.........wink.png

But that was a while ago..........sad.png

Still, looking up what it means to be a geek on the internet could probably qualify me in another definition...............smile.png

Noun: geek

1. A carnival performer who does disgusting acts

2. A person with an unusual or odd personality

3. A knowedgeable and obsessive computer enthusiast

Looking at No.2 in the list, methinks there are a few closet geeks on this forum as well..............cheesy.gif

Edit: Which one are you Eek?...........smile.png

Edited by chrisinth

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

Funny thing is they got the definition right, but then the test is all about "Are you a Trekkie/Hobbit/Miskatoniac/...?" I'm a geek and I know it, but scored a measly 39% by answering honestly. Pretending to be a Trekkie, I scored 90%.

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

Funny thing is they got the definition right, but then the test is all about "Are you a Trekkie/Hobbit/Miskatoniac/...?" I'm a geek and I know it, but scored a measly 39% by answering honestly. Pretending to be a Trekkie, I scored 90%.

Only a true geek would take the test twice. :D

• Like 1

took the test and was pis**d off to have to fill out a form to get the result, so just closed it.

I'll settle for gerd or dormal

You need to be a bit more of a geek. There was a an option out at the bottom that just gives the result!

post-498-0-36105000-1349528809_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to the test I am:

Pure Nerd

52 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 22% Dork.

I guess I am pretty nerdy... But only in the sense that I do love learning stuff and I will go out of my way to learn something new. I don't think I look like the stereotypical nerd though...

Pure Nerd

I guess I am pretty nerdy... But only in the sense that I do love learning stuff and I will go out of my way to learn something new. I don't think I look like the stereotypical nerd though...

Your profile suggests you are mixed race and they are often of higher intelligence.

Was into the ZX81, Sinclair computers, and DOS. Gave it up for Kung <deleted>. Biggest mistake I ever made in my life. Well there are one or two women who could also claim that title. I can still do a wicked side-kick though and my knife hand is pretty devastating. Doesn't pay the rent though does it? Nerds and Dorks and Geeks. I love them. Great people to have as friends. You know this old English program "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" Well that's where the "call a friend" thing comes in. I lost it somewhere around the UNIX stage. I really must make an effort to get grips with modern technology. I rationalise this by convincing myself that missing one or two stages doesn't really matter. But I'm just being lazy.

I'm Joe Normal it seems. Which I find rather insulting. I like Star Trek, I like Dr. Who, I like H. P. Lovecraft, I like Michael Moorcock, I like Bram Stoker's book "Dracula", Yeah, i suppose I am normal. Just didn't quite realise it until now. The weirdos are those into extreme violence. Like we're (I'm talking about the geeks, and the nerds, and the dorks) are all concentrated on making the world a better place. These normal guys just want to destroy. They even create perfect victims (Zombies) to fulfil their fantasy. No, I'm not normal. I don't want to be normal. If this involves concentration camps, genocide, torture (how anyone can torture another animal. let alone a human being is beyond me), and mass destruction then I'm proud to be a weirdo. No way am I Joe Normal. You're Joe Normal is some kind of paranoid, insane, freak. You know Sartre said the French invited the Second World War cos they did nothing to prevent it, and he meant every man woman and child in France, and this was not a stupid guy. So every bad thing that happens in this world you are responsible for, cos you do nothing to prevent it. Just imagine what would happen, if all of a sudden people said "stop" . Stop doing these bad things. I don't know the answer. The paranoid, insane freaks are in control. It's the way the world works I suppose. Most of us are pretty lazy, and unless we're affected directly we don't care. But what I would say is this

"When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.'

This actually has a lot of truth in it, even at an individual level. You should always speak out about injustice. Or believe me, eventually they will come for you. Live and learn as they say. Sometimes you can be too nice.

Pure Nerd

clap2.gif If you say so! whistling.gif

Pure Nerd

Your profile suggests you are mixed race and they are often of higher intelligence.

Where the hell does my profile suggest I am mixed race?! Also where is the scientific proof that mixed race people are of higher intelligence?

Sounds like bullsh*t to me.

• Like 1