Why Are Thai Girls Good Dancers?

Sorry people, I havnt seen a Thai female yet in any venue that can dance, totally out of sync, unrehearsed crap. They wouldnt know a beat or rhythm if they fell over it, and most just stumble around and try to look cute, most of the ones I have seen are frankly embarrassing but you have to give them credit for trying.

The credit is not for trying (dancing), the credit is for looking cute!

And have you checked, why they dance totally out of sync?

Not enough/to much alcohol and/or the headset from the mobile, with the favorite superstar Thai song, on the ears, perhaps!

rolleyes.gif

I have observed when Thais clap to music it is on the offbeat. exactly opposite to what westerners do. So perhaps they just seem out of sync to us.

A Canadian telling anyone else they are offbeat? I mean I Ilike Canada but rythm experts?rolleyes.gif

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I have observed when Thais clap to music it is on the offbeat. exactly opposite to what westerners do. So perhaps they just seem out of sync to us.

A Canadian telling anyone else they are offbeat? I mean I Ilike Canada but rythm experts?rolleyes.gif

What I meant was they clap on the opposite beat that westerners clap on. I didn't suggest they couldn't do it. Try it out your self.

And Canada has long since had beat experts from Jamaica helping the rhythmically challenged, we are making great progress

Edited by canuckamuck

What I meant was they clap on the opposite beat that westerners clap on. I didn't suggest they couldn't do it. Try it out your self.

And Canada has long since had beat experts from Jamaica helping the rhythmically challenged, we are making great progress

Thailand has experts from all over the world.

So, how does that help?

Ya, I was thinking of Ian and Sylvia.smile.png

Attractive girls almost always look good when they're dancing. It doesn't really matter if they're good dancers--they just look good.

I have also seen some beautiful girls once on the dance floor they have such a poor sense of rhythm they moved their ass so awkwardly they are not attractive any more sick.gif

bionce, jay-lo, wow i could watch them all day,

Wishful thinking, Jake..... For heaven's sake don't let Mrs Jake hear you say that, or she'll be feeding the ducks!!! wink.png

Edited by Rob8891

Sorry people, I havnt seen a Thai female yet in any venue that can dance, totally out of sync, unrehearsed crap. They wouldnt know a beat or rhythm if they fell over it, and most just stumble around and try to look cute, most of the ones I have seen are frankly embarrassing but you have to give them credit for trying.

Traditional Thai dance, well that's something different, at least that has obvious choreography, personally have never been able to hold my attention for more than 30 seconds as I find it boring and the music irritating.

I think you are spot on, with everything here.

Ever been to a so called coyote dancer bar here in Thailand?

Lol

They stand with their feet planted on the ground, and repeat the very same moves over and over and over.

From sexy exciting to boring within 10 seconds.

Nevertheless, they seem to get a lot of drinks from many of the customers.

If a man can dance well, Thai women - young and old - will mob him. For some reason, they love to see a man bust a move.

Good dancing equates to youth, vigour and confidence.

One can be taught to dance but will look a bit of a tool doing Fame-style moves on a dancefloor in a packed club.

They aren't. Black girls are the best dancers. After that people with black blood. Thais are pathetic dancers. Dance isn't about gymnastics or preconceived moves, it's about expressing your soul through physical movement. In some ways the old middle-aged fat guys shuffling about on the floor are good dancers, cos they're expressing their souls. You can fool people with words but you can't fool people with dance. If you're young and strong your movements will be young and strong, if you're old and decrepit your movements will be be old and decrepit. If you lack imagination, your movements will lack imagination. If you fall back on cliches, your movements will be cliched. It's the highest art form, above poetry, above painting. It's immediate and without solace. It needs young, strong souls and has always been the refuge of the poor and disadvantaged. May it always be so.

Poor and disadvantaged?Tell that to the Bolshoi Ballet!

I don't think so Chiangmaikelly. My girl would be teaching these girls what dancing was all about. Oh,I forgot to mention she was Royal Ballet trained, Oh, it's so difficult sometimes, getting beyond the stereotypes. Like a black girl, who's a classically trained dancer and can play Bach on the piano.

I don't think so Chiangmaikelly. My girl would be teaching these girls what dancing was all about. Oh,I forgot to mention she was Royal Ballet trained, Oh, it's so difficult sometimes, getting beyond the stereotypes. Like a black girl, who's a classically trained dancer and can play Bach on the piano.

A black chick trained by the Royal Ballet living in Thailand with a guy who likes street fighting. Do I have this right?

If a man can dance well, Thai women - young and old - will mob him. For some reason, they love to see a man bust a move.

Good dancing equates to youth, vigour and confidence.

One can be taught to dance but will look a bit of a tool doing Fame-style moves on a dancefloor in a packed club.

Shag dancing.

But those aren't really coyote dancers. Anybody can do what they're doing - even Tommo biggrin.png

Here is some improvised "sexy" dancing by one Aleesha Dixon, a black Brit. Obviously it helps that she's devastatingly beautiful but, that aside, no rehearsal, no choreography, no bullshit.

Best bit is from around 1:55 onward.

She just feels what she's dancing to

I think Thai (and Asian in general) are good at performing established movements. If they rehearse, for example, to one particular song, especially if dancing synchronized, it can often look good. However, they usually will then just redo the same moves to a different song, with no real timing involved. Ask them to just let go and "feel" the music, and enjoy it, rather than busting out some per-ordained moves, and, tbh, i just havent ever seen that happen. Then again, i havent been to any major big clubs in Bangkok. The established move stuff can look really good (I personally could watch Bi Rain perform countless times!), but i find its just not in the same league as really feeling the music and has a real sense of rhythm.

• Like 1

Are you sure about Korean women?

They look OK to me.

that shit is addictive. IMO th only one that can dance is the one in the green shorts, and she is not brilliant.

Let's be honest--the green shorts was the only one you're looking at! Well she was for me...

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a joke.

Thai women are horrible dancers. They have zero rhythm. As someone stated previously they can show some competency with simple technical dancing (model walking in fast motion) but when it comes to just freestyle dancing it's god awful.

I have to say though, even if they can't dance they can still make those convulsions look sexy.

Of course, some dances are real difficult to master, but what I generally believe is that every able person can learn to be at least GOOD at a dance, provided they put a significant amount of effort into it, and also provided they receive good-quality instruction. Talent is an important factor but it is often overrated, I think. However, I think that to be EXCELLENT at a dance, yes, you need talent as well :)

Think OP should get to town at least once a week and leave the key board dancing alone. laugh.png

You might want to google, "Every profession has it stars. Golf has it’s senior tour and thousands of people still clap and Patpong strippers have the Princess.

A middle aged Isaan woman that on a given night if the moon is just right and the lights are just right and if the music is just right can still bring the house down.

Edited by chiangmaikelly