Climate Project With Nasa To Proceed, Plodprasob Says

webfact

Yeah they have done really well lately against small and primitive middle eastern states. Such clear cut victories. I am sure China would be a cake walk.

Right.. The US was never successful in their goals...

Well arnt you just another commie

Why are you calling him a commie ?...suppose next you will be accusing him of vile anti-american rhetoric as well ?

Edited by Soutpeel

Yeah they have done really well lately against small and primitive middle eastern states. Such clear cut victories. I am sure China would be a cake walk.

The difference between China and America's recent targets is night and day (that was my point), and Iraq and Afghanistan has been extremely messy with no clear win's excepting Saddam getting his neck stretched. A US Asian war involving China could not be won by either side IMO.

Edited by canuckamuck

Agreed, the project was cancelled.

Clearly it wasn't of such great importance in the first place due to the speed in which they were willing to cancel it.

When did NASA first ask if they could use Utapao? Anyway, they never got approval from the Thai government and only moved the operational base for the project to another country when it was not possible to wait any longer based on atmospheric conditions, as far as I remember.

While I do feel that the conspiracy mentioned so far theories are overdone, I suggest that any project supported by both Plodprasop & Surapong is highly suspect. I just cannot bring myself to be a supporter of two of the worst idiots (among many) in the government.

Note that there is no comment from NASA so is this not a case of 'propellors in the sky'?

What comment were they to make? They got on with their job after the Thai government did not approve and that is all that counts for them, not what some Thai politician tells newspapers long after the fact.

The difference between China and America's recent targets is night and day (that was my point), and Iraq and Afghanistan has been extremely messy with no clear win's excepting Saddam getting his neck stretched. A US Asian war involving China could not be won by either side IMO.

Well if China simply close all the manufacturing facilities they now own in the USA they could win hands down now without a bullet flying I guess ;)

Bla Bla Bla all these armchair war conspirators blasting the U.S. again. Thailand needed to launch surveillance, pressure on the PRC (Peoples Republic of China)? As I said before complete rubbish and foolish theories. We have the surveillance capabilities through the U.S. military without needing Thailand's blessing to step on their mainland and allow NASA to do weather studies. Seriously now if we did need to conduct all out war with our enemies it would take a few buttons and we could reach out and touch the major targets like the PRC through a device known as the ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile) loaded with nuclear warheads currently poised at our arch enemies and tested monthly at Vandenburg AFB through successful live launches without the warheads to show that we still have the Mojo. I had the pleasure to be stationed at VAFB, CA during my last two years with the USAF and my job was to oversee the color photo lab activities that processed the imagery from the Hi Speed MOPIC cameras used to monitor the live launches in case of any anomalies. The launches were so powerful they would cause the surrounding area to actual shake and rumble from the force created during launch. I would suggest that the expats living in Thailand feel relieved that the PRC is not overtaking the LOS because they are still allies with the U.S. and we would never allow it. If you think Thailand restricts your freedom now wait until you live under the heavy hand of the PRC.

If you think Thailand restricts your freedom now wait until you live under the heavy hand of the PRC.

Have you ever lived in the PRC ?... I have and found it a lot less restrictive than the US where I worked for a while...whistling.gif

BTW...you seriously dont think for a minute that China doesnt have "ICBM's" pointed at the US..rolleyes.gif and I didnt realise China was an enemy of the US....sure they would be interested to know seeing the amounts of money they have invested in the US..thumbsup.gif as pointed out earlier they wouldnt need to fire a shot...just pull all the cash out...thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel

If you think Thailand restricts your freedom now wait until you live under the heavy hand of the PRC.

Have you ever lived in the PRC ?... I have and found it a lot less restrictive than the US where I worked for a while...whistling.gif

BTW...you seriously dont think for a minute that China doesnt have "ICBM's" pointed at the US..rolleyes.gif and I didnt realise China was an enemy of the US....sure they would be interested to know seeing the amounts of money they have invested in the US..thumbsup.gif as pointed out earlier they wouldnt need to fire a shot...just pull all the cash out...thumbsup.gif

How does one relocate real estate to China?

The US covers the entire earth with their surveillance, nothing takes off or lands without them being aware of it. It's all about irritating China and setting themselves up for war with a strategically placed military base. How convenient that the US wants Thailand to join in promoting world peace and then all all the sudden Thailand has the perfect weather for study. I wonder how much the US paid and how much someone accepted to sell out the country. Thailand doesn't need war, this smells like a rat and I don't like it.

It's all part of a counter-offensive strategy for those Chinatowns in America. Everyone knows these so-called Chinese communities are just military staging areas within the U.S border.

I've been to the Chinatowns in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. I smelled rats and cats and I didn't like it!

• Like 1

The US covers the entire earth with their surveillance, nothing takes off or lands without them being aware of it. It's all about irritating China and setting themselves up for war with a strategically placed military base. How convenient that the US wants Thailand to join in promoting world peace and then all all the sudden Thailand has the perfect weather for study. I wonder how much the US paid and how much someone accepted to sell out the country. Thailand doesn't need war, this smells like a rat and I don't like it.

It's all part of a counter-offensive strategy for those Chinatowns in America. Everyone knows these so-called Chinese communities are just military staging areas within the U.S border.

I've been to the Chinatowns in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. I smelled rats and cats and I didn't like it!

Do you think "rbrooks" has his ICBM's pointed at these locations..?whistling.gif

You do know you are fueling some people's paranoia dont you...

How does one relocate real estate to China?

Just evict the tenants...and form the People's Republic of America...whistling.gif

• Like 2

steveyinasia: Let see the "OFF" is a riddle right? Would the Other word be or start with a CAPITAL "F" or a lower case "f" ????? as in the word

FOOD. I am very bad at these games, so I wrote down all the letters of the English alphabet all in a row...A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R

S T U V W X Y Z.. THEN with my magic pendulum tied to a string, I let it swing at its own pace back and forth until it began to gyrate over the

letter "K." Would the second letter be a "K" AND if so, would it be a capital K or a lower case k. and would that word be KANGAROO?As in

KANGAROO OFF...is that right? OR would it be OFF KANGAROO? coffee1.gifWE hope the MONITORS are not offened by the word Kangaroo Off...I would hate to be cut off again and have to spend another 7 days in detention. ermm.gifsad.png

Edited by jerrysteve

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

German philosopher (1788 - 1860) Some here have a long road ahead. I'm not saying that every "conspiracy theory" is grounded in truth. But you would have to agree the US has a pretty poor record of doing anything for anybody without there being something in it for them. As for this project, since the US has officially walked away from it, if they do not re-activate it I will agree it could probably be taken at face value. If they re-open it I will be more inclined to think they were bluffing or buying time to gain access. Virtually every government on the planet has a poor history of telling us the truth, so to accept anything without some critical discussion is fools game. Lest anyone considers me a "left wing paranoid nut job" I will be happy to meet in person and will quickly convince you I am nothing of the sort. I can discuss a wide variety of subjects in a sane, logical manner and typically do not criticize an idea unless I have done some research.

Agreed, the project was cancelled.

Clearly it wasn't of such great importance in the first place due to the speed in which they were willing to cancel it.

When did NASA first ask if they could use Utapao? Anyway, they never got approval from the Thai government and only moved the operational base for the project to another country when it was not possible to wait any longer based on atmospheric conditions, as far as I remember.

Because there is already a large US airforce Logistics center there.

whistling.gif Reading all these silly comments make me remember what Winston Churchill is supposed to have said after WWII when his government had just lost the election.

Churchill said something to the effect that,

"Democracy has good points and bad points associated with it. The good points are that everyone has the right to express their opinion and even vote on any matter....even when they don't really know anything about what they are talking about or voting on, That's true democracy, and is a good point.

The bad point about democracy is that everyone can express their opinion, and cast their vote ...even when they don't know anything about what they are talking about or voting on. That's also true democracy, but it's a bad point,

Unfortunately, those individuals who don't know anything also have the same influence in the vote as those who do know something.

But you simply can't have "good" informed democracy without allowing "bad" uninformed democracy also."

Thank you all for proving Churchill right by your posts here on this topic.

whistling.gif

steveyinasia: Let see the "OFF" is a riddle right? Would the Other word be or start with a CAPITAL "F" or a lower case "f" ????? as in the word

FOOD. I am very bad at these games, so I wrote down all the letters of the English alphabet all in a row...A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R

S T U V W X Y Z.. THEN with my magic pendulum tied to a string, I let it swing at its own pace back and forth until it began to gyrate over the

letter "K." Would the second letter be a "K" AND if so, would it be a capital K or a lower case k. and would that word be KANGAROO?As in

KANGAROO OFF...is that right? OR would it be OFF KANGAROO? coffee1.gifWE hope the MONITORS are not offened by the word Kangaroo Off...I would hate to be cut off again and have to spend another 7 days in detention. ermm.gifsad.png

Have you just got from in from a night on the pish....or have your classes been cancelled today...?

the proposal may still be considered from the US standpoint. The US dealing with Thai gov't is like an elder dealing with a child. The child can avoid the issue (Thailand had nearly a year to reach a decision, which it did in wishy washy fashion at the last week of the yearly deadline). And a child can say 'no' when it means 'yes.' The US can be patient and forgiving in such matters.

Chiang Rai would make a better site than Udon. Compared to Bkk region, we have less flood danger, no tsunami threats, no typhoon threats, cleaner air, less gridlock, lower housing/living costs (for NASA personnel). Our 2nd and unused airport with 1 Km runway, is 6 minutes drive from downtown and 12 minutes drive from our int'l airport.

whistling.gif Reading all these silly comments make me remember what Winston Churchill is supposed to have said after WWII when his government had just lost the election.

"Democracy has good points and bad points associated with it. The good points are that everyone has the right to express their opinion and even vote on any matter....even when they don't really know anything about what they are talking about or voting on, That's true democracy, and is a good point.

The bad point about democracy is that everyone can express their opinion, and cast their vote ...even when they don't know anything about what they are talking about or voting on. That's also true democracy, but it's a bad point,

Unfortunately, those individuals who don't know anything also have the same influence in the vote as those who do know something.

But you simply can't have "good" informed democracy without allowing "bad" uninformed democracy also."

whistling.gif

Then again he could have just said that because he'd just lost an election?

Sorry got to go, I feel there are some Hoo-AAAH's just ready to burst out all over this thread.

whistling.gif

So, articulate exactly how you're above the rabble. Enlighten us regarding the wisdom you posses, ....those things we can't fathom. Details, please.