Changing Non Immigrant O Visa To Different Passport

Presently using my US passport for my non immigrant O visa for retirement and would like to change it to my British Passport. Will be returning to Thailand in 9 days. Do I need to show an onward ticket? Will be entering with British passport previous entries have been with US passport. Any suggestions?

Your post is not clear. Do you have a new non immigrant O visa in your UK passport? You can not show a visa in a US passport and use that for entry on another country passport if that is what you are asking. So if you plan to entry without a visa you will likely be required to show an onward ticket by airline unless you check-in using a passport with a valid visa in it.

Your post is not clear. Do you have a new non immigrant O visa in your UK passport? You can not show a visa in a US passport and use that for entry on another country passport if that is what you are asking. So if you plan to entry without a visa you will likely be required to show an onward ticket by airline unless you check-in using a passport with a valid visa in it.

I currently have a non immigrant O for retirement in my US passport that expires in January. I would like to replace that with my UK passport.

I have to leave the US on my US passport and it still has the valid non immigrant O. When I go through immigration in Bangkok I would like to use my UK passport and receive the 30 visa exempt stamp. I would then be able to open a new bank account with my UK passport and wire in the required 800000baht. I would then follow the required steps to convert to the non immigrant O for retirement. My main question is--can I pass through Thai immigration without an onward ticket??? Does anyone see any problems doing this conversion?

The airline will ask to see an onward or return ticket. If you still have a passport with a valid visa you could use it to show to the airline. Immigration does not ask for your tickets.

Edit: Remember you are going to have a limited amount of time (about 2 weeks) to get the bank account opened and money in the bank before going to immigration.

Also be sure you get a letter from bank confirming your bank balance before going to immigration.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1