90 Day Check In With Ed Visa

New here and confused! Is it true, I must go to Imm. office to cancel ED visa before leaving the country to obtain a New Tourist visa?

90 Day check-in on my valid ED visa is in a few days! I wanted to exit Thailand without re entry permit and get a new visa or entry without a visa and get 30 days stamp only.

However, I'd like to revoke it ( ED visa) and get a tourist Visa ( multiple entry ) instead of my Single entry ED visa. because I need a re-entry permit each time I leave Thailand ( can happen multiple times in one month or Not at All for over a month )! It's turning into more work than if I had no visa or tourist visa. -- I can attend school without a ED visa, so no problems there.

What happens if I leave without re entry permit?

Can I not obtain a New visa until I cancel the ED visa?

If I leave without re entry premit, when coming back in what happens? 30 day stamp? ED visa Revoked?

Any suggestions ? thanks

Thanks for the fast reply. I was on a Visarun website and it stated in Bold letters that the Non Imm Visa must be cancelled at the Imm Office before leaving the country to obtain a New visa. Leaving without re-entry permit is ok with me. Can I not get a Tourist Visa on same Exit/Entry? ( Which then would mean I can back in with 30 day stamp?)

and get a tourist Visa ( multiple entry ) instead of my Single entry ED visa. because I need a re-entry permit each time I leave Thailand ( can happen multiple times in one month or Not at All for over a month )!

There is no 'multi-entry' Tourist Visa.

There is are single, double, and triple entry versions.

You can leave and re-enter a maximum of three times, providing you get the triple entry version.

Edited by cbrer

Thanks for the fast reply. I was on a Visarun website and it stated in Bold letters that the Non Imm Visa must be cancelled at the Imm Office before leaving the country to obtain a New visa. Leaving without re-entry permit is ok with me. Can I not get a Tourist Visa on same Exit/Entry? ( Which then would mean I can back in with 30 day stamp?)

Just exit and re-enter.

You will get 15 days at land border and 30 by air.

Be aware that if you intend to do this continually, immigration will start to question if you work illegally and can refuse you entry.

I think your better off with your ED visa.

In case, you're leaving always by plane, no visa would be ok.

The tourist visa needs re-entry permits, too. Otherwise the entry is gone, every time you leave Thailand.

A multiple Non-Im Visa would be the right one.

Are you leaving for business? Living in Thailand, 'only'?

Would a company (outside Thailand) confirm this?

Chance for a multiple Non-Im B. But not sure about, that you get it in countries in this area

Over 50? Can 'show' money, or income?

Multiple Non Im O would do.

A multiple non Im visa would be the right choise.

Or a ED extension for 360 days, plus multiple re-entry stamp

Edited by noob7