Ongoing Issues

eek

Just wish to mention that repeatedly i have problems with the following (not sure if others have the same ongoing):

Many times where the forum is inaccessible. Forum just wont load.

When i post, i often get taken to full screen advert (blank white page, with advert messily on the very top of the page)..but F5 fixes that though.

Avatar issues. Never refreshing or taking days at a time when a new one is added. Happens every time i load up a new avatar. Loaded one up last night, and as per usual, i cant see it. But, in a day or two often finally shows.

Recall these things being mentioned before, so dont know if were fixed or not now. Wonder if i am i the only one with these issues still.

I am having the exact same issues (except for avatar, I don't change it but last time I did I had to have SBK fix it). It has been going on for a while. I just ignore it, wait a little bit, and it seems fine again. But all the other stuff yeah. After I post, sometimes I get the blank page with advertising. Sometimes the forum won't load at all...some times it takes forever to load.

Smokie36 got it. There are a couple of bugs that hope to be fixed in the next upgrade. One is the advert, another is that posting every 5th post causes a white page. The avatar is strictly due to ISP caching delays. The Thai ISPs configure their TTL (time to live) timeouts way too long and have to wait for their cache to update.

• Like 1

I know internet can be slow in Thailand, but pay for my own direct connection Smokie, the highest connection available, and the (apparently) best provider in my zone of Chiang Mai. I can browse other sites, both locally and internationally when thaivisa is having issues. I can also upload and download at a reasonable speed. So..i dont think in this case its my net.

I know internet can be slow in Thailand, but pay for my own direct connection Smokie, the highest connection available, and the (apparently) best provider in my zone of Chiang Mai. I can browse other sites, both locally and internationally when thaivisa is having issues. I can also upload and download at a reasonable speed. So..i dont think in this case its my net.

Its funny cos I've noticed the moving avatars stopped sometimes or like now my hammock is moving very slowly indeed.

Just did a speedtest a minute ago and upload speed of 10 so looks like you are correct....its not related to that.

Lol Tywais! :D

--

Smokie, you are swinging at a normal relaxed pace for me. Sometimes its nice just to rest my eyes on that avatar of yours actually. HOpe you never change it!

• Like 1

Have you tried changing DNS? Some of the ISPs have DNS issues, I know I did with 3BB a while back and it made me totally nuts. Also, double check your browser, I had what seemed like a handy dandy facebook translator add-on with my Firefox and it slowed my computer and loading right down. Lucky for me it was the first one i tried disabling and didn't have to go through the whole list to get the issue fixed

Thanks sbk.

Lol Tywais! biggrin.png

--

Smokie, you are swinging at a normal relaxed pace for me. Sometimes its nice just to rest my eyes on that avatar of yours actually. HOpe you never change it!

Your looking good today eek.......is that a new hairstyle? smile.png

Im being chased by the Spaghetti Monster, Blether!!

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_2.jpg

Thanks sbk.

Lol Tywais! biggrin.png

--

Your looking good today eek.......is that a new hairstyle? smile.png

Im being chased by the Spaghetti Monster, Blether!!

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_2.jpg

Hmmm......looks like the last guy the Spaghetti Monster caught came to a bad end.

I won't sleep now. crying.gif