Passport Full Or Not Full?

slippery when wet

Hi All.

I need to travel to Thailand at short notice and was looking at the pages in my passport.

I have 4 empty pages, plenty enough room for the thai immigration at the airport passport control to stamp but upon exit last time some immigration officer placed a stamp on the last page.

Will this now make my passport full and if I fly with this passport risk being refused entry at BKK International or am I worrying unecessarily?

Thanks...Slippery

Hi All.

I need to travel to Thailand at short notice and was looking at the pages in my passport.

I have 4 empty pages, plenty enough room for the thai immigration at the airport passport control to stamp but upon exit last time some immigration officer placed a stamp on the last page.

Will this now make my passport full and if I fly with this passport risk being refused entry at BKK International or am I worrying unecessarily?

Thanks...Slippery

If you have problems getting in, tell them you plan to get additional pages from your Embassy while in Bangkok.

Once you are at your hotel, see if the concierge has the form for the extra pages and see if they can run your passport to the embassy for same day service.

The Conrad Hotel did that for me. I would think other hotels can.

Regarding the last pages on the back of the passport. Typically those are for amendments. Odd they put a stamp there. I also think most countries look at the back page first to see if there is any notes.

Edited by Head Snake

I have 4 empty pages... some immigration officer placed a stamp on the last page.

Will this now make my passport full...?

No, your passport won’t be considered full. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

My passport usually has some entry or exit stamp on the last page and it has never caused me any problem in Thailand or any other country.

--------------

Maestro

No problem.

I have stamps at both ends of my passports.

Islamic countries tend to start at the back as that is the way they read a book.

The rest of the world starts at the front.

The odd idiot stamps in a page in the middle.

Hi All.

Thanks...Slippery

If its just an exit stamp then no problem (assume you aint been naughty)

Re: answer about Embassy giving extra pages...depends where you are from I suppose but dont think UK/EU shops do it.... :o

OP: You have reason to be concerned about the stamp in the last page of your passport, because this makes it impossible to have the passport extended.

For extra pages to be added the last page must be clean.

Also, many countries have discontinued the practise of adding pages

easy to check this if you look on the website of your country

OP: You have reason to be concerned about the stamp in the last page of your passport, because this makes it impossible to have the passport extended.

For extra pages to be added the last page must be clean.

Also, many countries have discontinued the practise of adding pages

easy to check this if you look on the website of your country

yes, uk won't put extra pages in anymore

The British Consulates/Embassies "open up" the observations page for visas if you are stuck for space. Even if you may not be holding a Uk passport, it's still worth a shot at your own Embassy/Consulate if you really need it.

to me it looks like immigration officers always stamp where they find enough space to do so...sometimes in the middle of the passport. So I would not worry.

had a nice experience in Hong Kong last time. The officer stamped on the first page (which is rather only half a page) and when I expressed my thanks he smiled and said something about stupid colleagues always wasting space...I somewhat agreed.

Edited by raro

to me it looks like immigration officers always stamp where they find enough space to do so...sometimes in the middle of the passport. So I would not worry.

had a nice experience in Hong Kong last time. The officer stamped on the first page (which is rather only half a page) and when I expressed my thanks he smiled and said something about stupid colleagues always wasting space...I somewhat agreed.

I have an empty page at the start of my passport and I always hand it over with the entrance card on that page in the vain hope they'll stamp it, they never do though...

The odd idiot stamps in a page in the middle.

Like Australian Immigration officials... :o

The only Aussie officials who do this are those stressed out officers who are drunk on duty. :D

The Australian Customs officers, who stamp passports for Immigration, at one time were instructed to stamp from the back in Oz P/Ps. These days they're likely to bang the stamp in anywhere it falls open.

I have an empty page at the start of my passport and I always hand it over with the entrance card on that page in the vain hope they'll stamp it, they never do though...

The empty page at the front is usually reserved for "Observations" and shouldn't have catchets stamped there.

The Observations page traditionaly contains items such as children added, extensions granted, name changes and countries excluded for travel for that passport.