What Is A "snuffler?" For Sale Ad In The Pg.

NamKangMan

I've seen this ad twice now. The first time, I googled breifly for some info and come up with what could be a small muffler for an engine, however, the other terms, glinkle, bessors, spleen tables, cleetser bins and BRT's reveal no further info.

The frustration and fear of not knowing something has got the better of me. smile.png I thought about ringing the owner, but opted to throw the challenge out to members.

I'm sure there will be posts like, "It's a new sex toy used in go-go shows." smile.png

I'll consider all reasonable explanations. smile.png

http://www.phuketgaz...icle127804.html

Edited by NamKangMan

I think the name of the advertiser says it all....sounds like.....

I did notice the surname and thought there was some joke in there somewhere, however, this surname does exist in Germany (googled it as well) so, I'm still none the wiser. Also, considering you have to pay to run the advertisement, I doubt it's some sort of joke.

These

I did notice the surname and thought there was some joke in there somewhere, however, this surname does exist in Germany (googled it as well) so, I'm still none the wiser. Also, considering you have to pay to run the advertisement, I doubt it's some sort of joke.

They're not free ads? Definitely someone with too much time on his/her hands... (And besides that, it's missing its glinkle.)

These

They're not free ads? Definitely someone with too much time on his/her hands... (And besides that, it's missing its glinkle.)

"considering you have to pay to run the advertisement" - I know they are not free ads.

These

Yes, they are free ads. For ads is certain categories has to be paid, but ads in this category are free.

These

Yes, they are free ads. For ads is certain categories has to be paid, but ads in this category are free.

I just checked under what category the ad was placed. It's under "Miscellaneous For Sale" and has been run as a "Premium" and "Standard" ad. I thought you had to pay for this.

My take on this is that it's a modern day internet version of the time honoured joke of sending the new apprentice to the tool store for a 7" population wrench and a long weight. ( Or one of it's many variations )

In this modern day approach the prerp ends up with a sheaf of emails and results of posts in forums like this one for his trophy cabinet or to share with his mates elsewhere doing the same thing. Basically getting a buzz out of wasting peoples time. There's probably a few man hours gone in here already.

I seem to remember something 12 or 18 months ago also in the PG, advertising some other equally obliquely described article/s but alzheimer's is hindering further recollection. I think it made it to TV in a similar way. The name and Rawai location seems to ring a bell along with a German overtone to it. It may have connotations of a secret code amongst foreign agents, who knows.

Hey, we may know more when stevenl releases the findings of his detailed google search recommendations.

That's enough time wasted by me on this subject. Anyway I wanted a set of 6, 5 is just not enough. crazy.gif

• Like 1

Too lazy to start another thread so I hope you don't mind me tagging on to this one.

another ad that caught my eye in the PG this week was for Bartentenders and Waitresses at the La Terrazza Sunset lounge bar at Nai Harn stating that they have to be good looking, sounds like another poseing protention place to avoid to me.

Phuket being an island I am suprised that none of you know. Read the ad, as it states the snufflers cant be used in tandem with cleester bins so these particular snufflers are more commonley known as moosonds. As the spleen tables are alloy without glinkles we must assume they are the variant of 2009 nashods which were discontinued in 2011. BRTs for this model are no longer available however there is a copy version circulating in Malaysia called gougones. the bessors are harder to find. All in all this snuffler represents good value at 12,000 for the set. I hope that helps a little and has clarified what snufflers are.

• Like 1

My take on this is that it's a modern day internet version of the time honoured joke of sending the new apprentice to the tool store for a 7" population wrench and a long weight. ( Or one of it's many variations )

In this modern day approach the prerp ends up with a sheaf of emails and results of posts in forums like this one for his trophy cabinet or to share with his mates elsewhere doing the same thing. Basically getting a buzz out of wasting peoples time. There's probably a few man hours gone in here already.

I seem to remember something 12 or 18 months ago also in the PG, advertising some other equally obliquely described article/s but alzheimer's is hindering further recollection. I think it made it to TV in a similar way. The name and Rawai location seems to ring a bell along with a German overtone to it. It may have connotations of a secret code amongst foreign agents, who knows.

Hey, we may know more when stevenl releases the findings of his detailed google search recommendations.

That's enough time wasted by me on this subject. Anyway I wanted a set of 6, 5 is just not enough. crazy.gif

If this is the case, full credit for creativity. Not easy to come up with words that do not exist and have no meaning.