Tv Survey

heybruce

I tried to be a nice TV member and take their "short' survey. Ten or fifteen questions in I realized I was only about halfway through and the questions were getting increasingly personal (what business is it of TV if I take prescription medicine?). I closed the survey window.

Note to TV: A short survey is under ten questions, and don't expect people to answer personal questions unless you give them a good reason to do so.

• Like 2

What type of wife do you have?

How much money do you have?

Where did you meet?

What beer do you drink?

What clothes do you wear?

Do you have a lot of hair on your rear end?

..... and that's just the threads. No need to do the survey.

• Like 2

I'm happy to help companies that provide good service understand their clientèle better, and if that means they tailor their services to my needs, all the better.

SC

You can PM me your on-line bank details if you like. I will tailor your needs to a baht and mine too. thumbsup.gif .................................laugh.png

I had the survey come up and I dismissed it, then it came again, I dismissed it , then it came again I started to fill it in, too invasive, closed after question 7.

I think once you say "no thanks" you shouldnt have it rammed down your throat til you submit.

I can't imagine it has anything to do with TV.

Mods??

Good question. I have not heard anything about an official survey, neither have I received such a pop-up. Me or another mod will clarify once we know more about it.

• Like 1

OP, you don't have Anti virus/Malware installed eh. ..................laugh.png

Seems he's not the only one on here....tsk....blink.png

I have something installed much better than anti malware to prevent those annoying marketing surveys from bothering me..

I can't imagine it has anything to do with TV.

Mods??

Well when you click on it it opens up for the survey and has the TV logo etc on it.

Interesting....however I have yet to see it. Glad to know the antivirus I paid for yesterday is working!

I went to the support forum specifically to raise this issue; fortunately I found this existing topic.

I'm happy to help companies that provide good service understand their clientele better, and if that means they tailor their services to my needs, all the better

Me too. Now how about advertising sites that show a survey pop-up that claim to belong the site they're on, but actually are not, meaning they are misrepresenting themselves for the purpose of hitting you with advertising not just on this site but on any site? That's being dishonest.

The survey is run by "EffectiveMeasure" and asks VERY personal questions. I assume it comes with some other advertising bot that runs on Thaivisa. It's definitely the Thaivisa.com site that initiates it.

And finally it runs in Flash. So people who have flash disabled may not see it (or may see an alternative version).

I think it would be best to disable third-party cookies on this site. (A third-party cookie is a cookie that does not belong to the site you're actually on; so you will want to enable legitimate Thaivisa.com cookies as they are needed to use the forum, but then disable cookies from sites that fish for information)

Note: I currently have Thaivisa.com set to DO show ads as they're often useful and help pay for the site, but that's easily changed of course; I'm not putting up with this kind of deceptive content.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Interesting....however I have yet to see it. Glad to know the antivirus I paid for yesterday is working!

If you need antivirus to use a regular legitimate web site like Thaivisa then something is very wrong. So I actually don't think it's qualifies as malware that an antivirus program would block; it's not *that* serious. As an aside, in this day and age there is no need to pay for anti virus. Windows Security Essentials is really good software and available for free from Microsoft.com With Windows 8 it even comes pre-installed.

Why on earth would anyone even bother to start filling in a pop up survey?

I've done that, for example for my favourite European newspaper, in the hope that they improve on these little things that I mentioned.

Did they?

Come on, that's beside the issue. Objectively it does make sense for websites to get feedback from their users. I don't think this is being disputed by anyone. The issue is a third party advertising company mining personal information on Thaivisa. Note that moderators in this topic have stated they are not aware of any official Thaivisa survey. Thaivisa.com of course has taken legitimate surveys in the past and for good reason, usually in the form of a regular forum poll. There is NOTHING wrong with that. Deceptive surveying by advertising entities claiming to be Thaivisa is NOT okay.

I already feel bad about filling in as many questions as I did. :( (5 or so; I wasn't really awake properly at the time. :( )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The Survey is run by Effective Measure for us, an Australian based company who provide demographic reporting for ad agencies and have many sites in Asia in their portfolio, the same survey has run on many sites across Asia including MSN and The Nation, it is anonymous and only appears to a few viewers, not all, it is very similar to the type of surveys the run for television demographics and allows us to get better quality advertisers to help support the forum and improve things such as the news content we provide, AFP news etc come at a cost to the publishers.

More about Effective Measure here...

We greatly appreciate the time taken by those who have filled out the survey.

The current Survey will end tomorrow, thank you again to those who had input.

Just my two Satangs worth here but wouldn't a post by Admin asking for people to fill in a survey for TV be a better way of going about this rather than using a pop up survey. Did TV OK the questions they proposed to ask on the survey ? I do several surveys for various companies and get put into a prize draw and have won several times. nothing major but a win never the less