Banana Boat :)....and Go Karts

chonabot

Bearing in mind the thread and existence of Jet ski scams I was wondering about the humble banana boat rides in the same location.

My son is bugging me to let him go on a Banana boat ride today - daft question I guess but as these are run by the same people who do the jet ski's - is there any issue with us using this service?

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be scammed for 'damaging' an inflatable tube - but you never know - especially as you would not be controlling it.

But TIT and you never know.

Also has anyone tried the go karting in Jomtien ( Teppasit road ) ?

We looked at the place near Bali Hai pier and the prices were fairly steep - 1300 baht pp.

The other place is a lot cheaper - has anyone been there recently?

Thanks in advance :)

Go to Thepprasit soi 9. Best karts in town and they also have a kiddie track that my 9 year old nephew enjoyed big times.

sent from my Android phone

Thanks Raro - did not make it t o Leo's as my son insisted on a poolathon elsewhere :(

Just got back from the banana boat - 800 for the boat - would have been cheaper if we could have shared but lots of fun - if a little painful

being chucked off 5 times :)

The faster ones are REALLY fast. I'd recommend spending a few extra baht and get one. Quite a few high-so Thais show up also with their custom carts. Quite fun to watch.

Don't forget the paintball course across the road. Also great fun.

If you have not driven a go kart for awhile or never, I recommend starting off with the lower powered one to get a feel for the track.
just go for it. Worst case scenario is a crash in the tire wall and bruised ribs. Watch out for the lake, been in there twice... :D

sent from my Android phone

• Like 1