Buying A Jet Ski On Samui.new Toy.

Rooo

I love jetski too.

Rooo have you compared the financial difference between renting one third a week and owning one?

I think price are about 800thb for 15-20 min before negociation (if you rent often...). So probably 500thb if you come often.

Not sure it is value to own one. And move it from your garden to the see...

I love jetski too.

Rooo have you compared the financial difference between renting one third a week and owning one?

I think price are about 800thb for 15-20 min before negociation (if you rent often...). So probably 500thb if you come often.

Not sure it is value to own one. And move it from your garden to the see...

The thing of interest is the Flyboard.
  • Like 1

Doesn't someone have a similar thing down near lamai?

(Loved the underwater shots)

I've seen something, but it was more like a Jet Pack. It's that marine shop Sea side just before Hua Thanon.

I've seen something, but it was more like a Jet Pack. It's that marine shop Sea side just before Hua Thanon.

These things look really neat. As you say - 'Big Boys Toys. What do you do on week 3 when you have 'been there and done that' ? rolleyes.gif

By the way - have you noticed that all of the 'riders' look young and fit. That's me out.laugh.png

In a wet-suit I look more like the 'Michelin Man'. sick.gif

i think they would be fun to hire for the novelty value, would be bored to tears after a few sessions though. wonder how long those fixings would hold for if constantly being rented, i forsee expensive maintenance

I think I need glasses I can't read your posting.

Stick with perfecting your crumpets......biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

That would be much safer wink.png

No Jimmy, this is the way to go, wow jumping like a Dolphin I suppose I would be permanently going if I tried it.

But then hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Stick with perfecting your crumpets......biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

That would be much safer wink.png

No Jimmy, this is the way to go, wow jumping like a Dolphin I suppose I would be permanently going if I tried it.

But then hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I would have a big long hmmmmmmmmm on this one... & jumping like a dolphin,..... the mind boggles! blink.png

Tropicalevo is right, in three weeks you'll be bored and then back to crumpet making , with a jet ski sat in the garage! biggrin.png

That's if the Jet Ski guys have not knocked you off in the meantime! tongue.png

NAAAAHH they already have something similar here Roo. Don't be a follower of fashion Rooo start it.

Get one of these. Now they are cool.

post-164027-0-21618800-1350371478_thumb.

Some more pictures here

http://www.odditycen...-submarine.html

And at 48 - 68,000 Dollars chicken feed for our Rooo

I did ask the wife if I could have one for Xmas but she just gave me that look sad.png

Seen them on a TV show. They have made a few, they are submirssible & They fly over the water.

Perhaps get my wife to talk to your wife. My wife is quite agreeable after I signed my life policy over.She has never encouraged me that much previously.

• Like 1

Already well insured Roo its just the 1.5 million Baht for one she has trouble with rolleyes.gif

Back in the UK with the last wife I could just take her out one Friday. get her absolutely rat arsed and then simply go out and buy the new bike, car, speed boat etc and when she went ballistic I simply reminded her she had agreed to me buying it last Friday and as she could never remember I got away with it relatively unscathed.

Can't do that anymore as the Thai wife doesn't drink sad.png

• Like 1

Lamai is a JetLev or similar name. You have the power unit on a boat. This is powered by the Jet Ski.

hi roo

many private jetski on samui and not heard of problems as long as you are not renting them

those flyboards look great and more fun than the jetlev

jet lev was 4000 baht per hour that includeds about 45 minutes training and 15 minutes actually trying to fly

the flyboard is also a lot cheaper

when you get one let me know

And stay away from the areas where the Jet ski operators work

they may see you as competition and respond accordingly......................

As long as you do not take customers out on it the jet ski mob can piss off as long as u do not leave your boat on the water in attended

Also make sure u got all permits that might be needed

Those jet ski people can be nasty and all the authorities just to give u a head ache

Try begging nice to them at diet an respectful

Ask them if they would have a problem

If they still act nasty then tell then to <deleted>

hi roo

many private jetski on samui and not heard of problems as long as you are not renting them

those flyboards look great and more fun than the jetlev

jet lev was 4000 baht per hour that includeds about 45 minutes training and 15 minutes actually trying to fly

the flyboard is also a lot cheaper

when you get one let me know

Why do u want to know do u want to rent it

Sorry only joking

Maintenance costs for jetskis must be very high judging on the operators repair costs and we all know they are totally honest hard working people. Hope you have a big bank account if you buy one and even bigger security if you let anyone else ride it.

I had a stand up one back home years ago and that was quite fun as you needed to have to ride it not just sit on it and turn the throttle like the ones you get now. For the price of a decent jetski today you can get a half decent speed boat which you can enjoy with the whole family or a boys day out fishing. The wife said I can have a boat thumbsup.gif

Maintenance costs for jetskis must be very high judging on the operators repair costs and we all know they are totally honest hard working people. Hope you have a big bank account if you buy one and even bigger security if you let anyone else ride it.

Jet ski people are the most honet people in the world. tongue.png

• 6 months later...

Do you think this will take off in Samui ? Will the Jet Ski mafia leave me alone?

Hi Roo

Did you buy one in the end?

The divorce was too expensive.

• Like 1