Whatever Happened To The Brewery Baron's Son Accused Of Killling A Cop

watcharacters

Money talks everywhere. If you can afford the best lawyers money can buy, even a guy like OJ can walk.

Last time I checked, OJ is still in the slammer.... He got off once, but eventually got his karma...

In September 2007, Simpson was arrested in Las Vegas, Nevada, and charged with numerous felonies, including armed robbery and kidnapping.[3] In 2008, he was found guilty[4][5] and sentenced to thirty-three years' imprisonment, with a minimum of nine years without parole.[6] He is serving his sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nevada.

One can only hope that karma will eventually catch up with the Ferrari guy as well.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Money talks everywhere. If you can afford the best lawyers money can buy, even a guy like OJ can walk.

Last time I checked, OJ is still in the slammer.... He got off once, but eventually got his karma...

In September 2007, Simpson was arrested in Las Vegas, Nevada, and charged with numerous felonies, including armed robbery and kidnapping.[3] In 2008, he was found guilty[4][5] and sentenced to thirty-three years' imprisonment, with a minimum of nine years without parole.[6] He is serving his sentence at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nevada.

One can only hope that karma will eventually catch up with the Ferrari guy as well.

Yes, OJ got his just deserts second time around, and there was no way he was going to get off. However, there have been countless murder trials where the rich and famous have been found innocent against overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Do you think if OJ had been a black guy from the projects with a court appointed lawyer he would have been found innocent?

When was the last time, or any time, someone that famous in Thailand got a 33-year prison sentence including a guarantee of no parole until after 9 years of real prison time, and actually was forced to serve the sentence (instead of being allowed to escape the country)? I won't hold my breath waiting for the answer.

And OJ's sentence wasn't even for killing someone in his most recent court case that resulted in the sentence. OJ's probably wishing he had been living in Thailand instead...

Then he and the Ferrari kid could have gone out carousing and driving together.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

dont you mean the heir to red bull?

Money talks in Thailand. Sometimes life seems cheap over there.

Not like Thailand. Thai friend of mine killed a young kid on a motorbike. He was released from jail after paying compensation of 100,000 baht to the grieving family. Wouldnt happen in my country.

Hes not in the slammer .The family have asked for more money and hes going to pay it so end of story.

Ummm ... no

There were two cases from memory.

The civil case for which he has offered compensation.

Then there is the police case against him and that is a completly seperate matter.

Of course money couldn't buy his way out of that one ... whistling.gif

Or they could set an example of him and uphold the Law to the letter, though I'm not holding my breath.

Like a lot of high profile cases, they receive maximum exposure on Thai television for a couple of weeks, then fade into obscurity. Not one reporter has the guts to follow up on the story and report what happened.

He had to give up his pocket money for the week to pay "compensation" to the family.

I am thinking that this is the end of the matter.

I may be wrong and would be surprised if I am.

Actually he paid a lot of money as compensation. Much more that the normal compensation for such an offence. Do you think rich people should be fined more than poor people?

He had to give up his pocket money for the week to pay "compensation" to the family.

Actually he paid a lot of money as compensation. Much more that the normal compensation for such an offence. Do you think rich people should be fined more than poor people?

Maybe fines should reflect wealth, but they should still not replace doing time inside....not in Thailand, not in any country. But I am being totally naive.

Do you think rich people should be fined more than poor people?

In a word, yes.

Fear of a few hundred dollar fine isn't going to change a rich guy's behavior as much as a poor guy's behavior. If the purpose of the penalty is to incent good behavior and punish bad behavior, it makes no sense to fine somebody an amount that doesn't sting at least a little.

I loved this story:

http://www.dailymail...0mph-chase.html

Edited by impulse

Do you think paying money for running over and killing someone, then fleeing the scene is justice served? When you have billions is a few hundred thousand going to be missed? Compensation is not a fine BTW, and of course the rich can afford to pay more than the poor. How much do you think the policeman's family would have got if he'd been run over by a tuk-tuk?

There doesn't seem to be any concrete information available then as far as I can gather.

We all know and understand TIT and apparently the 15 minutes attention he received for his behavior is over and done with.

Guess he's free to do it all over again.

Watch out!

Do you think paying money for running over and killing someone, then fleeing the scene is justice served? When you have billions is a few hundred thousand going to be missed? Compensation is not a fine BTW, and of course the rich can afford to pay more than the poor. How much do you think the policeman's family would have got if he'd been run over by a tuk-tuk?

I'm not talking about justice served, no I don't think that. Justice will be done in the courts.

The normal compensation is 50,000 baht. That's how much they would have got by a tuk tuk driver if he had it. There's a chance they would get nothing. They got more than enough compensation. What was it - 3 million baht? Do you agree with the family trying to milk the rich guy, which they didn't?

If it were a foreigner, or yourself, would you welcome the family trying to get more off you?

And fleeing the scene is the norm here - there are many reasons for this.

Heard he is dating a super model. cheesy.gif

I try and try, but can not see wht's so extremely funny about it.

Rolling on the floor and laugh?

Same here. If it was an attempt at a joke, it was in poor taste.

maybe an attempt at a joke. A bit immature maybe.

Oh well, I guess we all have been there.