Sleep Apnea Treatment In Chiang Mai?

topshot

Dolly and others. IMO CPAP machines are now like other electronics not worth repairing, I have a 5 year old ResMed auto back in Canada that started to malfunction. When I took it in to be repaired the quote was 70% the cost of a new improved version.

Yes I had heard that also. When it comes time to replace mine I will definatly not go with a resmed as insurance no longer pays for them. I think there new state of the art are about $2,000 Canadian. But they are a good machine no doubt about that.

As I said earlier I have had one ten years and had to replace the humidifier once and now I have to turn it on and off with the switch. Not a bad deal as I see it. It is now my back up machine.

I had to have my old Resmed repaired as it would automaticlly power down after about an hour or so i went to the Resmed head office in Sydney and they gave me a quote that was exorbinet and then unchained the sales people onto me to buy a new machine which i did. Much better and quieter than the older one but it is not an outomatic so i will upgrade at some time but maybe not Resmend either . Resmed may have been the original inovators/manufacturers of CPAP machines but are now too expensive.

Well for the present time I am well taken care of but for sure when it comes time to replace I will be looking elsewhere. The price differences are huge now I have a hard time believing some of the ones the last time I looked at them on line.

Must remember they never include the tax or import cost in them. Next time I am in North America I am going to look at some of them.

if buying in the US don't forget about the different voltage in Thailand....

Makes no difference the two I have were purchased in Canada and work fine here and in the U S.

Just need a plug adapter and it is getting so as now most places all ready except the two prong North American ones.

When I first moved here I had a collection of adapters Bali was different and I believe Cambodia was but with an easley purchased adapter they all worked fine.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How do you bring in replacement masks, filters, etc for machines you sourced overseas? Have you had problems with them not being allowed to enter the country by Thai customs? What is the country of origin for your replacement parts and how are you shipping?

My two-and-a-half year old son suffers from obstructive sleep apnea. Our doctor recently referred him to the Sleep Disorders Clinic at Sripat Medical Centre (Thursdays 1 - 4pm) and he was given medication followed by a sleep test after six weeks. The sleep test was done at home and cost 2,000 baht (a simple monitor was brought to our house and picked up the next morning). Medication costs at Sripat seem steep but he does appear to have improved since starting the treatment.

How do you bring in replacement masks, filters, etc for machines you sourced overseas? Have you had problems with them not being allowed to enter the country by Thai customs? What is the country of origin for your replacement parts and how are you shipping?

I usually buy my replacement items online when I am in the US and then bring them over in my checked luggage. No one has said a thing. I buy maybe two years worth of items at one time. I've found that some things like masks and hoses don't have to be replaced as often as the manufacturer says.

A few times I have had them shipped as part of a larger package with non-CPAP items. I sometimes have had to pay duty. Again, though, no problem with them being allowed into the country by Thai customs.

• 8 years later...

Since this thread isn’t closed I’ll ask my question here.

Does anyone know of a dentist in Chiangmai that can make a night guard/dental appliance for sleep apnea? I have looked on the internet and cannot find.
CPAC? Hell no, ain’t gonna happen.

Edited by 0james0