Visas E.t.c

Hi there,i wonder if anyone can help answer a few questions i have.I got married to a Thai national 2 years ago and got the official marriage paperwork in late 2011.I will be returning back to the kingdom soon but this time will apply for a non immigrant o visa for a year stay.I will apply for this in the u.k.Do i have to go to the embassy in the uk in person to do this or can i post the paperwork to them?I have some money and my wife has a small minimart business that ticks over.At the end of the first year i understand i will have have to renew this visa.My plan is to stay in thailand as long as i can.We have a house already.At the end of the first year do i need 800 000 in a thai bank account to show or does it have to be 40 000 coming in monthly?

Can i have money to show in a uk bank or is it better to open a thai bank account? Is it ok to show 800 000 bht even if i never touch the money in the account ? I am only 41 but plan to make some sort of business that can work.As all this is a bit new to me it all seems quite complicated to me!

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated,thanks.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Best if you apply at one of the conuslates, like Hull. You canapply by mail, all instructions and forms you need are on their webiste.

You will get a multiple non-O. This visa is vald for 1 year, but only allows you to stay 90 days in a row. Then you have to elave and can come right back in the same day. By leaving and re-entering just before the visa expires you can get almost 15 months out of it. It is valid from when issued, so don't apply to early.

In Thailand itself you can get an extension of stay every year if you can show 400,000 in the bank in Thailand (account in your name only) OR can show an income of 40,000 a month (van be from abroad, in which case you must have it certified by your embassy). You don't have to touch the money in the account.

(If over 50 you have the option of applying for an extension based on retirement. This requires you to show more money, but is much simpler to get.

You either show:

800,000 in the bank in Thaland for 2 month first time and 3 months every other extension

OR

an income of 65,000

OR

a combination of money in the bank and yearly income together totaling 800,000)

Money must be in Thailand bank account at above 400k for 2 months prior to each yearly application for extension of stay for Thai wife reasons. To obtain initial visa will require marriage proof and likely copy of her ID card/home register. If you can immediately deposit the money in a Thai account (within 30 days of arrival) only a single entry visa would be required but it is likely best to obtain a multi entry at this point as you can extend during the last 30 days of any 90 day stay it allows for one year it is valid for entry. You should not have a problem opening a bank account but it will be passbook savings (checking accounts are not an option for most without employment). You would require a work permit to do any work in Thailand and that would normally require a Thai company to hire you.