Hotel Near Thai Embassy In Singapore

FireMedic

The Marriott hotel at Orchard Road is within walking distance, nice, but expensive.

http://www.singaporemarriott.com/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sindt-singapore-marriott-hotel/

If you are on budget, then basically any hotel or hostel would do. The public transportation system is great and there is MRT station pretty close by the Thai Embassy.

In case you wish to use taxies, those are quite cheap as well.

Orchard Parade Hotel across the street from the Thai Embassy about a 5 min walk, Orchard Hotel on the same side of the street as the Embassy also about a 5 min walk or Pan Pacific Orchard on Claymore (just around the corner from the Embassy) about a 5-10 min walk are all less expensive than the Marriott, Royal Plaza and Mandarin Oriental. Of the three I list, the Pan Pacific Orchard is the nicest and also the most expensive (current rate w/tax for basic room is S$ 350/nite.

https://www2.panpacific.com/hbs/checkAvailability.html

The other two are usually about 10-20% less than the Pan Pacific.

Hotel rates on Orchard Road are pretty high in general and fluctuate depending on bookings levels when you make your reservation.

If you want less expensive digs, then you'll need to get a hotel further away from Orchard Road, but then you'll get hit with taxi charges and sometimes the additional taxi fares make up the difference between hotel rates.

One advantage of staying in the hotels I list is you are also within spitting distance of Orchard Towers...if you're game for that sort of action...whistling.gif Oh BTW, NO spitting allowed in Singapore...

Thanks everyone, I made it back. Just so everyone knows, not like it's a big surprise, but the Thai Embassy staff in Singapore not very American friendly. I had a very bad experience and she was not pleasant to me on any level. All the Asians had no problems what so ever. The few Brits and me were sent away for one reason or another. She started yelling at me loudly and told me "just because you have US passport doesn't make you special". I just wanted the 60 day. Once I have my 60 day, then come back and get 30 day extension. During that time, I wanted to get Ed visa. She said I had to have flight itinerary out of Thailand in 60 days. I asked why I had to have that if I can get another 30 day extension? So I should have way out in 90 days.....wasn't happening. I told her I was taking that time to apply for Ed visa....wasn't happening. Proof of way out in 60 days, no ifs, ands, or buts. She got real mad when I asked if at the end of 60 days, I wanted to visa run by bus and since that's pretty much a daily service, I don't have itineray. She lost her mind and told me to leave. So, I came back to Phuket on any normal 30 day visa and will try for my Ed visa sooner rather than later. Rookie mistake. Won't happen again. If needed, I'll just play the game.

Edited by FireMedic

Thanks everyone, I made it back. Just so everyone knows, not like it's a big surprise, but the Thai Embassy staff in Singapore not very American friendly. I had a very bad experience and she was not pleasant to me on any level. All the Asians had no problems what so ever. The few Brits and me were sent away for one reason or another. She started yelling at me loudly and told me "just because you have US passport doesn't make you special". I just wanted the 60 day. Once I have my 60 day, then come back and get 30 day extension. During that time, I wanted to get Ed visa. She said I had to have flight itinerary out of Thailand in 60 days. I asked why I had to have that if I can get another 30 day extension? So I should have way out in 90 days.....wasn't happening. I told her I was taking that time to apply for Ed visa....wasn't happening. Proof of way out in 60 days, no ifs, ands, or buts. She got real mad when I asked if at the end of 60 days, I wanted to visa run by bus and since that's pretty much a daily service, I don't have itineray. She lost her mind and told me to leave. So, I came back to Phuket on any normal 30 day visa and will try for my Ed visa sooner rather than later. Rookie mistake. Won't happen again. If needed, I'll just play the game.

I needed a tourist visa to re-take my driving lesson.

Got refused for the exact same reason.

Horrible staff, I'll never go back there again.

In my opinion Royal Plaza on Scotts is better the Marriott. Same location.

http://www.royalplaza.com.sg/

If you want to relaxe and swim in a scenery pool then you have to choose the Mandarin Oriental. Taxi Mandarin Oriental to Thai embassy max. 10 Singapore dollars.........

I have stayed at the Royal Plaza on Scotts about a half dozen times. Nice hotel, walking distance to the Thai Embassy, last time I stayed you could upgrade for a few dollars and get the free happy hour from 1800-2030. Not really cheap, but I think it is a good value for nice hotel.

have been told by others that the lady is not nice. Went once with my Camboidan GF an she told her that she will not give her another tourist visa and had to go to her own country for that ( this was her first tourist visa that was NOT issued in Cambodia.)

WE are heading to KL next month to do her ED visa ( got all the paperwork)so not to hijack this thread BUT

can anyone reccomend a hotel near the thai embassy in KL or any good one. IN 28 years in Thailand i have only been to kl once an that was only cause i had to stop on the way to Bali.

Help is appreciated>>>

<snip>Thanks everyone, I made it back. Just so everyone knows, not like it's a big surprise, but the Thai Embassy staff in Singapore not very American friendly. I had a very bad experience and she was not pleasant to me on any level.

It's been many years since I needed to go to a Thai Embassy for a visa. Way back then (14 years ago) it was just the same at Singapore Thai Embassy, unhelpful staff to the point of rude. I guess nothing much has changed. Many people have told me that the Thai Embassy in Hong Kong is just the same.