Cowboy Builders

shaggy1969

cheesy.gif

Where were you while this was going on?

My house is taking a while to finish because no one touches it while Im not there

And your photo reinforces why no ones touching it....sorry but....cheesy.gif

Problem is not all of us are good at construction. I am at the mercy of those people. But there have been times that i could (and later did) a better job.. and that is saying a lot.

straight lines and being square is 90percent. its not rocket science.

You dont need to be good at construction to see these 2 things.

OP, did your wife find this guy in the village? If yes then give her a hard time.

I didn't give her a hard time about hiring this builder,but I did give her a roasting about paying them before the job was finished.I suppose it's a case of som nom naa on our behalf.

Personally, I find this whole thread deeply offensive.

Good cowboys and bad cowboys....we ended up with the bad ones.

To the OP:

I don't start threads having a go at accountants pretending to be managers, or shop window dummies pretending to be go go dancers. If you wanted a gardener, you should have found one and employed one, rather than taking on a second rate unemployed cowboy for a job he wasn't qualified for. So don't tarnish a whole profession just becuase you can't select and employ competent staff.

SC

• Like 1

To the OP:

I don't start threads having a go at accountants pretending to be managers, or shop window dummies pretending to be go go dancers. If you wanted a gardener, you should have found one and employed one, rather than taking on a second rate unemployed cowboy for a job he wasn't qualified for. So don't tarnish a whole profession just becuase you can't select and employ competent staff.

SC

I think that you have got your threads a bit mixed up there SC,this one was about builders and as I stated in my first post 'This is not a thread to slag off all builders in Thailand....only the cowboys.'

Shaggy

• Like 1

To the OP:

SC

It's not like you can look through the Yellow Pages and find a qualified gardener. It's all either hit and miss, or someone is recommended to you.

To the OP:

SC

I think that you have got your threads a bit mixed up there SC,this one was about builders and as I stated in my first post 'This is not a thread to slag off all builders in Thailand....only the cowboys.'

Shaggy

I read it more as a fun post of streetcowboy taking the piss here because of his name. But i could be wrong.

• Like 2

Shaggy

To the OP:

SC

Shaggy

Well have a go at incompetent builders, not cowboys. If you employ a cowboy as a builder, or a bank robber as a security guard, or a charlatan as a prime minister, you have no-one to blame but yourself. You are denigrating one of the proudest professions, and the great Western movie tradition, based solely on your inadequate familiarity with the architectural employment market.

It's just fortunate that I am here to try and prevent the wanton impuning of the professional reputation of cowboys.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

On Hindsight, you should have hired farmers, not cowboys, look at all the money you could have saved harvesting vegetables from the crops that grew in the cracks in your living room floor!

• Like 1

To the OP:

SC

Shaggy

Hang on, thats almost all builders here!!

Shaggy

To the OP:

SC

Shaggy

Well have a go at incompetent builders, not cowboys. If you employ a cowboy as a builder, or a bank robber as a security guard, or a charlatan as a prime minister, you have no-one to blame but yourself. You are denigrating one of the proudest professions, and the great Western movie tradition, based solely on your inadequate familiarity with the architectural employment market.

It's just fortunate that I am here to try and prevent the wanton impuning of the professional reputation of cowboys.

SC

Or, you could say you shouldnt have choosen the name cowboy.

cheesy.gif

Where were you while this was going on?

My house is taking a while to finish because no one touches it while Im not there

And your photo reinforces why no ones touching it....sorry but....cheesy.gif

Problem is not all of us are good at construction. I am at the mercy of those people. But there have been times that i could (and later did) a better job.. and that is saying a lot.

straight lines and being square is 90percent. its not rocket science.

You dont need to be good at construction to see these 2 things.

OP, did your wife find this guy in the village? If yes then give her a hard time.

I didn't give her a hard time about hiring this builder,but I did give her a roasting about paying them before the job was finished.I suppose it's a case of som nom naa on our behalf.

The bricks could be saved I reckon.

Looks like he thought som nom naa wile he was building I agree!

Go on, tell us how much labour cost was Shaggy...please.smile.png

Shaggy

To the OP:

SC

Shaggy

SC

Or, you could say you shouldnt have choosen the name cowboy.

Are you being serious or on a wind up streetcowboy? I was not referring to the cowboys of the wild west.In England it is used also to describe builders that do shoddy and unprofessional work.