Uk Visa For My Wife

Hello good members. Now that is has been confirmed I can no longer get an EU Family permit via my Irish passport, I am researching what is required for a UK Spouse Visa. It seems very difficult compared to the UK Visitors Visa

I think I have a grasp of what is required.

• Translated and stamped copies of our marriage certificates
  • Proof of the length of our relationship
  • Copies of passports, showing all visitors stamps for myself and UK visitors visa's for my wife
  • Proof of my employment and salary.
  • Bank statements showing my previous 6 salary lodgements
  • TB Medical report and X ray for my wife
  • English speaking and listening exam for wife
  • Proof of where we are going to live.

Is there anything I have left out?

In relation to my salary and bank statements. I meet the £18,600 per year threshold. But I will have little or no savings left after this. Is that a problem?

When applying for my wife's visitors visa, I was able to print off my online bank statements. Is this not accepted for the Spouse Visa? I will need originals from the bank? Also do I need a letter from my employer stating salary and length of employment?

As my wife will be leaving her country for the long term, I take it she does not have to have to submit proof of employment? Salary? Or savings?

What proof of accommodation is required? We will be living with my Father in his home. Currently a 4 bedroom house which he owns

I am also shocked by the price of the Spouse Visa. It is very upsetting to think that I have worked since I was 16 and my wife has to jump through such hoops when my own city is full of immigrants who are here to bleed what ever they can out of the system.

Thank you in advance for your replies!!

Have a read of UK Visit Visa Basics which should answer most, if not all, of your questions. Then come back and ask if there is anything you're still not sure of.

It is very upsetting to think that I have worked since I was 16 and my wife has to jump through such hoops when my own city is full of immigrants who are here to bleed what ever they can out of the system.

Such ignorant, racist comments do you no favours.

Those immigrants will have had to obtain the requisite visa and pay the appropriate fee; just as your wife will, and will have the same restrictions on public funds as your wife will have.

Most are honest, hard working people; just as. I hope, your wife will be.

I really cannot understand people who hate immigrants, yet want their own immigrant spouse to be allowed into the UK automatically!

• Like 2