Royal Orchid Sheraton

thailand49

Not familiar with Bangkok except for the Nana Area and the U.S. Embassy.

Live in Pattaya, I need to meet a family member who will be staying at the Royal Orchid Sheraton.  I plan to take the bus usually to Ekamai Station from there can I take the BTS train?

I looked at the Hotel Map location not familiar but one search the hotel isn't too far from the BTS, and the map looks like I might need to make some connection to another train. Is anyone familiar with getting to the hotel what stop one need to get off if using the BTS?

Thanks in advance! Any help would be appreciated.

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A taxi from Ekamai should cost less than 100B. Take it easy.

Sound like it is close but many times taking Bus due to traffic on Sukhumvit I have a habit of getting off Udom Suk then walk up catch the BTS, if possible wehat stop for Hotel.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Your family member is staying at the Sheraton, you say you are not familiar with Bangkok, you have a cast on your foot, yet, you are talking about taking the bus and BTS etc. which will probably cost you perhaps 50 baht.

Splurge a little!  Spend a whole 80 baht or so on a taxi when you arrive in Bankok!

Edited by CanadaSam

8 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Your family member is staying at the Sheraton, you say you are not familiar with Bangkok, you have a cast on your foot, yet, you are talking about taking the bus and BTS etc. which will probably cost you perhaps 50 baht.

Splurge a little!  Spend a whole 80 baht or so on a taxi when you arrive in Bankok!

All that is True, but I enjoy taking the bus from Pattaya rsthet than drive myself or hire a car.

It was gracefully noted to take the taxi from Ekamai which leads me it isnt so far from the station.

Two, although I mentioned Ekamai it is more on the return trip since arriving into Bangkok I usually get off at Udon Suk take BTS to Nana area or Embassy. Ive found this best method on weekdays when traffic is heavy stop and go to Ekamai.

I have a mobile cast or booth Im not an invalid it isnt about money I enjoy interaction and people watching but if it was a distant unable to handle or raining by my first preferrence of course I will go in style. 

So, I will not consider walking 15-30 to hotel with the booth in the heat if there is a 5mins walk from a nearby BTS station (name ?) then of course taxi.

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

All that is True, but I enjoy taking the bus from Pattaya rsthet than drive myself or hire a car.

It was gracefully noted to take the taxi from Ekamai which leads me it isnt so far from the station.

Two, although I mentioned Ekamai it is more on the return trip since arriving into Bangkok I usually get off at Udon Suk take BTS to Nana area or Embassy. Ive found this best method on weekdays when traffic is heavy stop and go to Ekamai.

I have a mobile cast or booth Im not an invalid it isnt about money I enjoy interaction and people watching but if it was a distant unable to handle or raining by my first preferrence of course I will go in style. 

So, I will not consider walking 15-30 to hotel with the booth in the heat if there is a 5mins walk from a nearby BTS station (name ?) then of course taxi.

Thanks.

As someone already told you, it is at least a 15 minute walk from Saphan Taksin BTS. So if you have a cast it's not going to work for you. Take a taxi.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 07.56.06.png

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

As someone already told you, it is at least a 15 minute walk from Saphan Taksin BTS. So if you have a cast it's not going to work for you. Take a taxi.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 07.56.06.png

Thanks!  My bag as note not familiar didnt realize when mentioned Saphan Taksin it was a actusl BTS stop. 15 minuties yep Taxi.

• Thanks 1