Moving To Another City

Next month I will be moving from Chiang Mai to Khorat.

Two weeks ago I asked the immigration office in Chiang Mai what they want to know from me when I move to Khorat. The immigration officer told me that in Chiang Mai I have to do nothing for the immigration office but in Khorat I have to go to the immigration office for register.

I can remember that I have been reading on this form that I also have to tell the immigration office in CM that I will be moving.

Anyone of you have experience with this case.

There is no requirement to report you will be moving, but there is a requirement to report your new address to your new immigration office. The landlord must also do this. In practise this is almost never enforced, for housemasters it is only enforced for hotels etc. Normally people report their new stay with the next 90 day report, in which case I would also send proof of address.

form for you: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm28.doc

form for housemaster: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm30.doc

Agree with Mario. Have never reported when leaving a city or province, but upon arrival had house owner g/f whatever go to nearest police station to report that I was staying at a particular address, if not hotel or apartment rental. Did as Mario says in my next 90 day address reporting.

I recently moved from one province to another. The immigration office at the new province took the change of address form, entered the details into a ledger, then clipped part of the form into my passport. So it really depends on each provincial immigration office.

i WOULD LIKE TO PASS A COMMENT AS IMMIGRATION RECEIVES NOTIFICATIONS DAILY FROM HOTELS AND GUEST HOUSES WHEN NEW GUEST CHECK IN AND ALSO IF YOU COME IN FROM OVERSEAS AS A GUEST OF A FRIEND IN WHOS HOUSE YOU WILL BE STAYING YOU THEY MUST REGISTER YOU AS BEING IN THE HOUSE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR ARRIVAL OR FACE A FINE OF 2,000 BAHTS SO FRIEND WHEN YOU MOVE DO GET THE LAND LORD OR WHOM EVER OWNS THE PROPERTY TO GO TO IMMIGRATION THE NEXT WORKING DAY DONT WAIT 90 DAYS AS THEY WOULD WIN THE 2000 BAHT FINE FOR SURE

MY REASON A FRIEND (THAI ) WAS FINED BECAUSE HER FRIENDS STAYED ALMOST A WEEK THEY NEED TO DO 90 DAYS CALLED IN WHERE ARE YOU STAYING ?? PULLED MY FRIEND SHE PAID THE FINE

Edited by Mario2008
font size

i WOULD LIKE TO PASS A COMMENT AS IMMIGRATION RECEIVES NOTIFICATIONS DAILY FROM HOTELS AND GUEST HOUSES WHEN NEW GUEST CHECK IN AND ALSO IF YOU COME IN FROM OVERSEAS AS A GUEST OF A FRIEND IN WHOS HOUSE YOU WILL BE STAYING YOU THEY MUST REGISTER YOU AS BEING IN THE HOUSE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR ARRIVAL OR FACE A FINE OF 2,000 BAHTS SO FRIEND WHEN YOU MOVE DO GET THE LAND LORD OR WHOM EVER OWNS THE PROPERTY TO GO TO IMMIGRATION THE NEXT WORKING DAY DONT WAIT 90 DAYS AS THEY WOULD WIN THE 2000 BAHT FINE FOR SURE

MY REASON A FRIEND (THAI ) WAS FINED BECAUSE HER FRIENDS STAYED ALMOST A WEEK THEY NEED TO DO 90 DAYS CALLED IN WHERE ARE YOU STAYING ?? PULLED MY FRIEND SHE PAID THE FINE

Please make sure you do not post with caplocks on. Posting in caps is considered shouting and rude.