Cowboy Gardeners

SundayAfternoon

Try this....ONLY pay by the hour.....60 Baht is plenty. If they dont want the deal, move on until you find one, who will. They are the ones willing to cooperate with you.

That way you dont have to pay when they sit under a tree half the day, drinking and resting..... STOP THE CLOCK !!!!

It now works for me, whenever i need assistance around the Yard.

Lastly....You will know after the first hour if you have a competent gardner or not....No good....pay the 60 baht and open the gate for him/her.

You will be surprised with the results you get.....the bludgers dont bother applying.

We have a very large landscaped garden with about 1600 sq metres of lawn. Just after it was laid one of the guys in our village said he would help me cut it. The next day he turned up with his herd of cows and didn't understand why I wouldn't let them through the gate.

Maybe you should have....Cow SH## is the best fertilizer you can get. especially in pot plants and Lawn.

When I can teach a Thai cow to shit neatly into one of my wife's prized pot plants I'll let it in the garden. Sorry but there is no way I'm letting a herd of cows loose in the garden and over my lawn.

Having said that we do use cow shit from a friends farm but it's heavy work bagging it all up and then spreading it about but it is worth the result I'll agree.