Falang Land Ownership & Voting Rights! "like" To Begin Petition (& Learn Secrets Of Thai Politicians

submaniac

Ok, so I'm going to start a grassroots effort here on Thaivisa to give Falangs voting and land ownership rights! All you have to do is go to this post and hit the "like" button to get the post rolling. It's high time that we stand up and unite for our common cause.

Make your voice heard by going here and clicking "like" on the post linked:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/591421-forum-personalitiesjust-for-fun/page__st__125__#entry5771602

In addition, by clicking the "like" button on the above post you will learn the secrets of the Thai politicians and how they manage to stay in power so long.

Join the cause!

Edited by submaniac

I think the land ownership rules should be changed as well .......

Anyone having foreign nationality (so that includes dual nationality) should be prohibited from owning land or voting in Thailand, on gaining a foreign nationality they should be forced to sell all Thai property. This would be rationalized by claiming they are no longer proper Thais (and target Thaksin and similar persons).

Any foreigner married to a Thai should be offered Thai citizenship, immediately they surrender their previous nationality (no other strings attached).

This would keep Thailand for the normal Thais.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

It is rich foreigners paying ridiculous prices for property in the UK, London and the South East in particular, which has driven UK property prices up above the reach of the ordinary Brit.

I wish the UK had similar property laws to Thailand's.

• Like 1

It is rich foreigners paying ridiculous prices for property in the UK, London and the South East in particular, which has driven UK property prices up above the reach of the ordinary Brit.

Precisely ! Once you open up the land market here the people with money will simply move in and buy it all up. Thai people would be simply priced out of owning land and property in their own country. vast parts of the prime real estate land in Thailand is already held by foreigners under company registration.

I am quite happy with the laws as they stand. I own land and houses which are in my wife's name and as such 50% belongs to, me in the same way 50% would belong to her if they were in my name. I can't see the problem !

• Like 2

Precisely ! Once you open up the land market here the people with money will simply move in and buy it all up. Thai people would be simply priced out of owning land and property in their own country. vast parts of the prime real estate land in Thailand is already held by foreigners under company registration.

I am quite happy with the laws as they stand. I own land and houses which are in my wife's name and as such 50% belongs to, me in the same way 50% would belong to her if they were in my name. I can't see the problem !

I thought that even when married to a Thai, a foreigner would still have no claim to the land or houses.

How are you 50% owner?

• Like 1