Playing Football/soccer In Chiang Mai

FrisoPee

Hi all!

Just moved over to Chiang Mai this month, and it's great! I searched on this forum, and some others for an established group of football players.. I know they have several in BKK, but i did not fine one in Chiang Mai yet.

I would like to see if there are some people willing to play!

Just 5 a-side or even smaller teams! Just having fun, playing football.

If you are willing to join in, or if you know a group that's already playing, please leave a comment!

Other suggestions or any kind of information is always welcome.

Regards,

Friso.

Hi Friso

There's daily 5?-a-side games at night at a place on the West side of the moat. You can just rock up and ask if you can play, and soon enough you might find yourself a team.

I can't remember the name of the place but ill do my best with directions, and maybe someone else can chime in with specifics.

If you are coming around the outside of the moat, from South to West, as you begin on the Western section you will pass a service station, a Shell I think. Just past that on you're left you will find a small road which runs down past a restaurant? The football fields are located there, and should be easy to see at night as they will be lit up.

Good luck!

Hi Friso

There's daily 5?-a-side games at night at a place on the West side of the moat. You can just rock up and ask if you can play, and soon enough you might find yourself a team.

I can't remember the name of the place but ill do my best with directions, and maybe someone else can chime in with specifics.

If you are coming around the outside of the moat, from South to West, as you begin on the Western section you will pass a service station, a Shell I think. Just past that on you're left you will find a small road which runs down past a restaurant? The football fields are located there, and should be easy to see at night as they will be lit up.

Good luck!

Thank you very much! Since i'm not into directions that much yet. Can you be a bit more specific about what kind of shops etc are around that area?

Hey man, thanks a lot! Really :-)

Friso.

Hey Friso, good topic !

I moved here 4 months ago and would love to play some football !

I used to play in Bangkok a few years ago...

There are a few small 5 a side pitches about but not many foreigners playing and as i dont speak Thai would be hard to fully take part,

Please let me know if you find somewhere or a team and ill come down wink.png

Tnx.

Hey Friso, good topic !

I moved here 4 months ago and would love to play some football !

I used to play in Bangkok a few years ago...

There are a few small 5 a side pitches about but not many foreigners playing and as i dont speak Thai would be hard to fully take part,

Please let me know if you find somewhere or a team and ill come down wink.png

Tnx.

Epic!

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe we could go to one of that places with the two of us. Or wait a bit, maybe more people will be interested in playing.

Yesterday i found a small pitch near my home across Big C Extra down the Superhighway. In Google Maps it's written as: Thung Hotel soi 4.

Not sure if that rings any bells for you..

We could try to go down there one day and play with them. Not sure what nights they play, but I will find out.

So... any more!?

The more the better.

I'm up for it but haven't played in years and am well out of shape. Probably would last about 10 minutes before needing a breather, but if I still qualify I'm definitely interested. The location behind BigC Extra is good for me. Would just need to sort the time out.

I'm up for it but haven't played in years and am well out of shape. Probably would last about 10 minutes before needing a breather, but if I still qualify I'm definitely interested. The location behind BigC Extra is good for me. Would just need to sort the time out.

Hey Peter!

No problem man. Everybody qualifies, we're doing it for fun.

Good to know. So we have three (including me) people know who are willing to play.

More people interested?

For now: I will go out and find out what's happening at that field near Big C (It's on the opposite side of Big C, crossing the superhighway. Very close to 'Star Avenue' where they have MCDonalds.

If you guys have any other fields, and some information about it. Please share!

Friso.

Sorry guys! Tonight is full. But just contact Chris for some updates about the group of players.

cheers for that mate. i couldn't make tonight anyway but am up for next week. chris knows you're posting his number on the web, right? ;)

Sorry guys! Tonight is full. But just contact Chris for some updates about the group of players.

cheers for that mate. i couldn't make tonight anyway but am up for next week. chris knows you're posting his number on the web, right? wink.png

Somebody passed me his number on a different forum, so i guess he's cool with it. But not 100% though haha... Maybe i'll just delete it anyway.

Edit - Lol, there is no way to delete it...?

cheers for that mate. i couldn't make tonight anyway but am up for next week. chris knows you're posting his number on the web, right? wink.png

Somebody passed me his number on a different forum, so i guess he's cool with it. But not 100% though haha... Maybe i'll just delete it anyway.

a moderator will do it if you ask one i'm sure. would you mind PMing it to me for future reference please? cheers.

a moderator will do it if you ask one i'm sure. would you mind PMing it to me for future reference please? cheers.

You mean on about it's full and stuff?

Hi,

I'm so glad that i found this forum and read your post today !

I live in Chiang Mai for almost two months now and i desperately want to play football.

I saw so many nice and small football fields in Chiang Mai, but the problem is that i'm not allowed to drive a motorcycle.

Therefore it's impossible for me to come to the place you want to play. I live in the south of Chiang Mai, close to Hang Dong.

Hopefully we can find a way to play in the future and i'm definately in for it !

Hi,

I'm so glad that i found this forum and read your post today !

I live in Chiang Mai for almost two months now and i desperately want to play football.

I saw so many nice and small football fields in Chiang Mai, but the problem is that i'm not allowed to drive a motorcycle.

Therefore it's impossible for me to come to the place you want to play. I live in the south of Chiang Mai, close to Hang Dong.

Hopefully we can find a way to play in the future and i'm definately in for it !

Hey man.

What's up with not being allowed to drive?

We play in this area, send me an PM and I will hook you up. Things get messed up if we start to arrange in different places.

Anyway you could try to take a taxi, I work in Hang Dong area but I live near the pitch..

Just send me an PM and maybe we can work something out!

Friso.

Hey guys, me and a few friends (Thai and western) have a weekly game going at the pitches close to Tesco Kamtieng/JJ Market. We currently get around 10-14 players each week but it would be great if we could get a few more players so we could have 3 teams of 6 turning up each week. The age range of players is fairly young - around 16-30 y/o, but it's only a friendly kick around and anyone is welcome! If anyone is interested in joining let me know and I'll add you to our facebook group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just moved to CM and am also wondering if anyone is still around and playing. Also, since I am not traveling with boots, anyone recommend a place to buy them - just something cheap to get by. As for me, I haven't played in about 4 years but I used to be decent. I am not in terrible shape, but I am getting older and slower so looking for something relaxed and fun, not too competitive.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey all!

I noticed that this post is a few months old, but wanted to reach out -- I am moving to Chiang Mai at the end of January, and would love to join a pick up game or official league. Any suggestions on which days/locations are the best?

Cheers!

Nikki

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived