Triple-Entry Visa From Norway Possible? How Many Days Do You Write On The Application?

Hi, good morning guys :)

I was just wondering if anyone here knows if it's possible to get a 9 months triple-entry tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Norway?

Their website isn't very informative. It mention 6 months though. I've spoken to other Europeans in Thailand, some saying they do 9 months in their countries and others saying their countries do not. Never met any Norwegians in Thailand exept my uncle, but he doesn't know.

If I try 9 months and they decline, will they just send everything back in return with no visa at all or do they reduce it to their limit, lets say 6 months?

Last question, when I fill out the application form with 9 months (triple-entry), how many days do I write (274 days or 180 days which excludes the three extensions)?

Thx!

I was just wondering if anyone here knows if it's possible to get a 9 months triple-entry tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Norway?

Their website isn't very informative. It mention 6 months though...

A tourist visa is generally valid for travel to Thailand within three months from its date of issue, but if your travel itinerary requires it and you request it in a covering letter to the consul, a tourist visa valid for two or more entries can be made valid for six months. I suggest that in the field for length of stay you should indicate "maximum 60 days per entry".

The consulate does not have the authority to make a tourist visa valid for more than six months. I suggest you call or email the consulate to ask what documents they require for a triple-entry tourist visa.

Thx for your reply.

Ok, so I'll have to go with a double-entry 120 days or do I write 180 days?

(120 days = 60 days + 30 days extension + 60 days + 30 days extension)

(180 days = 30 days per month, 6 months)

If you request a triple entry visa, it's validity will normally be 6 months - make sure that you ask for 6 months. If you get it just prior to your leaving for Thailand and use it correctly with 2 border runs and 3 30 day extensions, you can get almost 9 months (270 days) permission to stay. That's most likely where you have heard "9 month" visa.

Aha, so that's how it works. When writing 180 days, those numbers does not include the 3 extensions directly, but when I've been in Thailand for 2 months and go for an extension stamp (1 900 baht) I get 30 days extra (which is not counted in the 180 days itself). Then I go for a border run and the same process follows 2 more times, correct?

Correct. You just have to make sure that you make your last - third entry - before (or on) the "must enter by" date printed on your VISA, not the permission to stay date stamped in your passport when you received your last 30 day extension. On entry, you will get 60 days that can be extended for 30 at immigration, even though your visa has "expired".

whistling.gif First of all, I am not sure if they will issue you a triple entry tourist visa in Norway at the Thai consulate anyhow.

But if they will, the visa will NOT be based on the number days you can stay, it will be for three ENTRIES into Thailand.

Typically the lifetime of a such a triple entry visa is for 180 days....that is to say it will have stamped or written on it something like this......must be used by....(stamped or written date).

As I said that date will typically be 180 days from the date of issue.

All three ENTRIES must be cpmpleted by that stamped or written date.

That date is calculated by figuring 60 days per visa times 3 entries....thus equaling 180 days.

Now I know that it is possible to get a 30 day extension on each emtry in Thailand at your local immigration office, but that extrendsion is NOT considered to be a built-in part of those three entries. Therefore the length of the visa when issued is 3 times 60 or 180 days.

That's why the consulate will refer to it as a triple ENTRY tourist visa.

Now if you're trying to maximise the amount of time you can stay in Thailand on that triple entry visa....it's all based on you getting the timing correct,

You need to pay careful consideration to that expiration date,,,the must be used by or before date on the visa.

Remember, all 3 ENTRIES must be used before that exoiration date.

One day before that visa epires you do a border run to the nearest Thai border.

You exit Thailand, making asolutely sure to get stamped out of Thailand.

Then you immeadiately re-enter Thailand....which will get you your 3rd 60 day entry "permitted to stay until" stamp.

Then on the 59th day of that "permitted to stay" you go to your local immigration and purchase another 1900 Baht extension for another 30 days.

That is your last extension.

You can almost never really get the full 270 days (3 times 90) days on a triple entry visa.

But by carefully watching that expiration date, and carefully managing the numbers, you can normally stretch the visa to around 260 days...plus or minus a couple days.

If it's one day past that must be used before date, and you have one entry left, you'll effectively lose that third entry.

whistling.gif

So, to answer your original question,,,,if they want to know how long you intend to stay in Thailand....I would tell them 180 days.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Another very informative reply. Thanks smile.png

Now if you're trying to maximise the amount of time you can stay in Thailand on that triple entry visa....it's all based on you getting the timing correct,

You need to pay careful consideration to that expiration date,,,the must be used by or before date on the visa..

It's just a small issue I've been aware of for a month now, in Norway the Thai consulate now uses "up to" 1 month instead of the 10 working days it used to take. I can't get away with losing some days I'm afraid.

I doubt they use a whole month, but it's better to get my passport back in time, then having to do it over again which will cost me another 30 000 baht (including flight ticket).

Edited by HOAX

There is an Honorary Thai consulate in Oslo as well as the embassy. You might get better service from them than the Embassy.

Royal Thai Consulate-General

Mrs. Solveig Skauen

Honorary Consul

Dagaliveien 19, 0776 Oslo

P.O.Box 7, Slemdal, 0710 Oslo

Tel : +47 22 14 76 65

Edited by ubonjoe