She just sit there as the night grows still

She says, "Who’s gonna

Take away his license to kill?"

BOB DYLAN - LICENSE TO KILL

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule of Law has gone out the window hasn't it...

at least while Parliament is in session anyway.

But....a quote via the BKK Post....

"However, police say he will be charged with

causing death by negligence after the

parliament session ends."

Hmmmmmmm....Still...I'd like to know how

a 9mm round got "jammed" to begin with?

And I ain't buying he was working the action

to show those at the gathering...I don't think

they'd give a dam_n how it worked.

Edited by sunshine51

Some facts about the Uzi, It is a Submachine Gun, Sometime referred to as a machine pistol. The similarity with a hand gun, (sometimes called a pistol) ends in the name ‘pistol’

When the trigger is operated on the Uzi it will discharge, and keep discharging rounds so long as the trigger is held in or the magazine is empty………..It’s utilizes a system known as ‘blow-back’ and using a ‘fixed firing pin’ this give a high rate of fire…..600 rpm…Practical rate…..Up to about 120 rpm.

A hand gun, (pistol) will or in the majority of types of hand gun will fire only one round each time the trigger is operated, to fire another the trigger has to release and then re applied to fire another round.

The Uzi is a machine gun…….Sometimes called a machine pistol because of its small size. If this cock had the mag on…..full…………Up to 32 rounds. It would have taken about just under 4 seconds to un-load the magazine.

I think if this cock was dumb enough to try and clear a stoppage at the dinner table, with people in front of him….He was dumb enough to do it without removing the mag first….I’d bet she was hit with more than one rd.

Having said all this………..Did someone say something about flying pigs?

Just please note: That's not the gun he was carrying. He was, according to the reports carrying a handgun made by IMI (Israel Military Industries), which is the same company that makes the Uzi you describe here. The gun the senator carried is, in fact, a fairly standard 9mm pistol that can nevertheless be very dangerous in the hands of an "unstable" person who willfully, or out of sheer ignorance fails to observe the most basic gun safety rules.

Edited by fstarbkk

Firstly a safe semi auto weapon will NOT have a round ready to dis-charge, the first round has to be positioned by manually pulling the slide back to fire. Secondly the weapon will have a safety catch so it cannot be fired. This guy is either daft OR..................... sad.png

.... probably all of the above. Of course it is possible to carry the gun around with a round in the chamber, which would be one more extremely negligent thing to do, when not in an active combat situation.

Some facts about the Uzi, It is a Submachine Gun, Sometime referred to as a machine pistol. The similarity with a hand gun, (sometimes called a pistol) ends in the name ‘pistol’

When the trigger is operated on the Uzi it will discharge, and keep discharging rounds so long as the trigger is held in or the magazine is empty………..It’s utilizes a system known as ‘blow-back’ and using a ‘fixed firing pin’ this give a high rate of fire…..600 rpm…Practical rate…..Up to about 120 rpm.

A hand gun, (pistol) will or in the majority of types of hand gun will fire only one round each time the trigger is operated, to fire another the trigger has to release and then re applied to fire another round.

The Uzi is a machine gun…….Sometimes called a machine pistol because of its small size. If this cock had the mag on…..full…………Up to 32 rounds. It would have taken about just under 4 seconds to un-load the magazine.

I think if this cock was dumb enough to try and clear a stoppage at the dinner table, with people in front of him….He was dumb enough to do it without removing the mag first….I’d bet she was hit with more than one rd.

Just please note: That's not the gun he was carrying. He was, according to the reports carrying a handgun made by IMI (Israel Military Industries), which is the same company that makes the Uzi you describe here. The gun the senator carried is, in fact, a fairly standard 9mm pistol that can nevertheless be very dangerous in the hands of an "unstable" person who willfully, or out of sheer ignorance fails to observe the most basic gun safety rules.

I thought that was the case. Need a big pocket for the other. biggrin.png

As it was quoted somewhere it was a semi auto l assumed conventional operation. If not conventional then <deleted> is this numnut doing fiddling with it in a restaurant. Needs admission to a nut house, not be part of governing LOS. w00t.gif

There are 2 distinct UZI mechanisms. The first is like most other sub-machine guns, the bolt being held to the rear until the trigger is pulled. With this type only a misfired round can be in the chamber as the gun uses a fixed firing pin. Strip-chamber-fire-recoil.

The "pistol- police-civilian" version has a closed bolt mechanism, so on cocking a round is chambered and the hammer held to the rear. In essence more like an (semi) automatic pistol. In this case a live round can be in the chamber ready to go. This version is semi auto only.

Does this "accident" surprise me, frankly no. Many moons ago I had access to the UK armed forces monthly "ammunition incidents" report. this covered incidents from mini flare pistols right up to the really big bangers. It was chilling reading. The unload drill for the rifle of the time involved operating the mechanism 3 times, I was once asked why. My answer was that even the dumbest individual will realise the mag is still fitted when 3 live rounds have spilled out onto the deck. The UK military teaches weapons drills parrot fashion, why? Because there is always one moron who thinks he knows better, and best remove any opportunity for experimentation.

Am I surprised at this incident--not at all--HiSo Thai buys lethal weapon and as he knows absolutely everything nothing can go wrong. He'll walk!

As it was quoted somewhere it was a semi auto l assumed conventional operation. If not conventional then <deleted> is this numnut doing fiddling with it in a restaurant. Needs admission to a nut house, not be part of governing LOS. w00t.gif

There are 2 distinct UZI mechanisms. The first is like most other sub-machine guns, the bolt being held to the rear until the trigger is pulled. With this type only a misfired round can be in the chamber as the gun uses a fixed firing pin. Strip-chamber-fire-recoil.

The "pistol- police-civilian" version has a closed bolt mechanism, so on cocking a round is chambered and the hammer held to the rear. In essence more like an (semi) automatic pistol. In this case a live round can be in the chamber ready to go. This version is semi auto only.

Does this "accident" surprise me, frankly no. Many moons ago I had access to the UK armed forces monthly "ammunition incidents" report. this covered incidents from mini flare pistols right up to the really big bangers. It was chilling reading. The unload drill for the rifle of the time involved operating the mechanism 3 times, I was once asked why. My answer was that even the dumbest individual will realise the mag is still fitted when 3 live rounds have spilled out onto the deck. The UK military teaches weapons drills parrot fashion, why? Because there is always one moron who thinks he knows better, and best remove any opportunity for experimentation.

Am I surprised at this incident--not at all--HiSo Thai buys lethal weapon and as he knows absolutely everything nothing can go wrong. He'll walk!

Yeh, l did PP1 (Police Pistol 1) training. The guys with revolvers were OK, but a numnut with a semi is dangerous. Had a round near my foot once when waiting for orders. laugh.png

Yer ‘Methane’ perfectly correct mate.

if I may add that after removing the mag and cocking three times, the cocking leaver is held to the rear and an inspection of the open chamber is carried out to ensure, there is no round still sitting in the breach, (due to broken extractor) and there is no round still seated on the breach block face, (broken ejector)

Hench the cry, “Cock…Hook and look”, (not heard that for a while I bet?)…Pull to the rear 3 times, hook the working parts to the rear…..And look inside.

As you say there are so many idiots out there. The only safe way to handle weapons is though drills……..drills….and then more drills.

Edited by Tonto21
  • Like 2

Hi ‘fstarbkk’….I didn’t see this, I just went off the topic and this sentence; “who shot his ex-wife at the dinner table with an Uzi 9mm pistol that says machine gun to me.

Not so bad now……….Machine guns at the dinner table……”No its OK it’s just a hand gun being waved around by a Hi-So fool.

• Like 2

Here's some info to clarify matters Uzi....

Firstly it was not this type of Uzi as shown on this thread...

post-146250-0-28172900-1350981212_thumb.

Nor was it this type of Uzi; the big brother to the above photo...

post-146250-0-66415500-1350981222_thumb.

It was this type of Uzi...see below. Named the Jericho 941 and

also called the Baby Eagle by Magnum Research...the makers

of one of the finest handguns in the world...Desert Eagle in .50

Calibre...if one can handle the recoil. The Jericho 941 pic is from

the Bangkok Post article and belonged (belongs) to the Senator,

notice the single spent casing on the right....hmmmmm.

post-146250-0-86255400-1350981197_thumb.

The Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50AE looks

like this...

post-146250-0-42798900-1350982357_thumb.

Firearms lesson for today is over.

Edited by sunshine51

Oh! For God's sake .... She deserved it! .. wouldn't pay the dinner bill :) or ripped of his share of the opium crop. whichever was more expensive.. Sia dai dtang :) Perhaps ASEAN will force a tad more transparency out of these political mafiosos, but failing that, how in the hell can anyone begin to address the corruption of this country's "democratically" elected gangsters.. currently standing at 101%

Yeh, l did PP1 (Police Pistol 1) training. The guys with revolvers were OK, but a numnut with a semi is dangerous. Had a round near my foot once when waiting for orders. laugh.png

I always go by the loaded until proven otherwise mantra, in fact I do not believe in firearms accidents, someone is ALWAYS at fault. A friend of mine had a 5.56mm round hit his boot heel as some dumb pr1ck had readied a weapon and decided not to follow the unload procedure, he simply removed the mag and thought it was unloaded!

They should encurage those "smart" guys carrying granades/bombs into the parliment and start fiddling with them there whenever get bored of listening to crap. Maybe then the country's situation would change for better. For now it's a WILD EAST!

Yer ‘Methane’ perfectly correct mate.

if I may add that after removing the mag and cocking three times, the cocking leaver is held to the rear and an inspection of the open chamber is carried out to ensure, there is no round still sitting in the breach, (due to broken extractor) and there is no round still seated on the breach block face, (broken ejector)

Hench the cry, “Cock…Hook and look”, (not heard that for a while I bet?)…Pull to the rear 3 times, hook the working parts to the rear…..And look inside.

As you say there are so many idiots out there. The only safe way to handle weapons is though drills……..drills….and then more drills.

1989 was the last time I did that!

• Like 1

The thing that beggars belief is why would any country or it's parliament want a man who thinks it's OK to wave a loaded automatic weapon around at the table in a public restaurant as a senator?

Surely you would wonder about his ability to discharge his political duties, if not an automatic weapon.

Not much difference between this immunity and the immunity for US troops and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan. Atleast this guys immunity will runout in November (or latest March 2014 when Senators are up for election) and then he will be brought in for a grilling. Their action must be seen in the light of not selling out one of their own, but all the Senators know that its only a temporary delay of the inevitable.

Fine... don't arrest him. Accidental or not, I don't think the MP really cares whether the woman is alive or not.

But at last keep an eye on the money. Or is that another entitlement under the beloved immunity laws in Thailand?

"As a member of parliament, you shall be permitted to act with impugnity and do the following:

- shoot your wife in the face

- breach parole requirements

- plant a car bomb which kills your political rival's mother........."

Here's some info to clarify matters Uzi....

Firstly it was not this type of Uzi as shown on this thread...

post-146250-0-28172900-1350981212_thumb.

Nor was it this type of Uzi; the big brother to the above photo...

post-146250-0-66415500-1350981222_thumb.

It was this type of Uzi...see below. Named the Jericho 941 and

also called the Baby Eagle by Magnum Research...the makers

of one of the finest handguns in the world...Desert Eagle in .50

Calibre...if one can handle the recoil. The Jericho 941 pic is from

the Bangkok Post article and belonged (belongs) to the Senator,

notice the single spent casing on the right....hmmmmm.

post-146250-0-86255400-1350981197_thumb.

The Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50AE looks

like this...

post-146250-0-42798900-1350982357_thumb.

Firearms lesson for today is over.

You're absolutely right! I couldn't remember the "Baby Eagle" monicker for the life of me. It seems at some point Magnum Research was absorbed into IMI... or was it Uzi?

In any case, yes, it is a fine handgun. I would have liked to own one. But I already had the "Desert Eagle" with which I spent many an enjoyable afternoon splitting logs in upstate New York. But I digress...

Would Parliament sit empty if there was no immunity?

After all, what would be the upside to being an MP if they couldn't be corrupt, thieving, and murderous and not have immunity?

They only have immunity while parliament is in session.