Immunity For Thai Senator Who Shot Ex-Wife

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow, I think there wont be many applicants for the vacant position of Secretary

The ladies only have to take care, not to confuse the job with lunch or dinner time

Edited by noob7

It was not the Uzi sub machine pistol as depicted in the photo posted earlier. It was a 9mm semi automatic Uzi Jerico model 941sometimes refered to as the Baby Eagle. Not that this makes a lot of difference as to the rediculous nature of events here however it just serves to keep what is known factual.

Let's hope the police don't forget about this " 'After the session ends on November 28 police can take him for questioning,' Senator Somchai Sawaengkarn told AFP."

Then let's hope he gets prison time. He has admitted it, though he says it was accident. Let's hope he doesn't get just the 20,000 baht fine as that is probably loose change in his pocket.

Let's hope, but silly me, TIT

In many respects Thailand is no longer a 3rd world country and is on the way to becoming developed. But incidents like this are a reminder that certain aspects of Thailand, such as politics and the justice system, are very much 3rd world.

Just recently a UK minister was forced to resign for swearing at a group of policmen and calling them 'plebs'. Yet a Thai MP can kill someone under suspicious circumstances and he gets protection and the full backing of parliament.

Thailand will never cease to amaze me.

Edited by teatree
  • Like 1

if he had a stroke, he should not be a senator anymore, right ?

sudden recovery after the killing for free

LOS: land of scams

I believe according to Thai law no person who is disabled, is allowed to own a gun. I don't know if a stroke qualifies as a disabling ailment it would seem that it would. I'm not a lawyer but I would presume this condition would invalidate the gun license (if he ever had it to begin with) and he would have been illegally possessing a firearm.

In many respects Thailand is no longer a 3rd world country and is on the way to becoming developed. But incidents like this are a reminder that certain aspects of Thailand, such as politics and the justice system, are very much 3rd world.

Just recently a UK minister was forced to resign for swearing at a group of policmen and calling them 'plebs'. Yet a Thai MP can kill someone under suspicious circumstances and he gets protection and the full backing of parliament.

Thailand will never cease to amaze me.

Recently a US congressman named Wiener was forced to resign for sending pictures that showed the outline of his wiener.

""A senator should do his job during a parliamentary session." - surely they mean a crime suspect should be allowed to do his job? doesn't quite have the same feel though does it?

It would seem the higher echalons of Thai society believe they have a licence to kill?

Only because they have! Choose your weapon, fast sports car, Honda Civic, uzi.....up to you.

So, his "stroke" affected him badly enough that he couldn't control his body and shot the woman, yet he is healthy enough to fully fulful his commitments as "a law maker". Sorry, Thailand is becoming a laughing stock run by immature scoundrels and fools. I suspect that a ratio of 94:2 average, man in the street, westerners would agree with me!

So, his "stroke" affected him badly enough that he couldn't control his body and shot the woman, yet he is healthy enough to fully fulful his commitments as "a law maker". Sorry, Thailand is becoming a laughing stock run by immature scoundrels and fools. I suspect that a ratio of 94:2 average, man in the street, westerners would agree with me!

And if they don't, I really don't care!

Unbelievable stuff, you really couldn't make this up...

As far as I can tell the actual shooting happened months ago and the police have still not been able to question the shooter....have they been in session 24/7 for weeks on end?

Also can anyone clarify if this poor woman was his ex-wife, his cousin or his secretary? Or possibly all three?

If marrying cousins is common place amongst the ruling classes of Thailand it certainly explains a hell of a lot... echoes of Deliverance.

• Like 1

What a joke.

I know, it's not even a "good" lie. Pretty amazing.

As long it isn't expected, that forensics is looking 'taff' into the details, it's the best statement, he could probably do!

"He said the gun went off while he was trying to remove a jammed bullet"

And because he has time, to think on details, now, it may fit even with the bullet channel and the explanation, how he was trying, to remove the bullet:

Sitting, standing, his wife sitting standing, the distance of the weapon to the victim, the blood splatter, the angle of the bullet chanel.

I do think, that his defender will get all this details, before he has to tell his story!

Works fine, for him.

I'm a bit worried about the '2' from the 94-2 voting!

No need to worry his machine gun is working fine now