Red Bull Crash: Police To Seek Warrant If Vorayuth Doesn't Report For Questioning

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If there were a vigilante group that tended to "rough up" other members of the family who are doing the protecting rather than the person committing the offense. Then perhaps the said family might not be so keen to protect their spoilt little "toe rag" of a family member. Thus ceasing to protect him and look after their own skin !

Why don't the police just go to his home or his place of work right now and pick him up, or is this their way of building the nation up for when they say, 'oh shock, horror, he has gone and we don't know where he is or when he left'. He was on bail he was given a time for questioning, he failed to report, shouldn't alarm bells be ringing?

• Like 1

Why don't the police just go to his home or his place of work right now and pick him up, or is this their way of building the nation up for when they say, 'oh shock, horror, he has gone and we don't know where he is or when he left'. He was on bail he was given a time for questioning, he failed to report, shouldn't alarm bells be ringing?

I expect it all depends on who has payed what to whom !

"BANGKOK: -- Bangkok police will seek an arrest warrant to apprehend Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya – who is a suspect in the hit-and-run Ferrari accident that left a Thonglor policeman dead – if he does not turn himself in for questioning soon."

The word "soon" has given the police plenty of outs on issuing this warrant.

The kid will turn up when all his "defense" ducks are in a row.

Right now he is content to watch Scooby Doo cartoons and eat Fruit Loops out of the box in his jim-jams.

Why do so many of you keep saying he's a kid?

Wouldn't such a fugitive be hunted down and questioned back home in old Blighty?

Giving him a date to turn himself in is just allowing him more time to construct an alibi.

Quite probably so, the same as in Australia. I know for a fact where I am from in Melbourne Australia, there would be no need to apply for a warrant to arrest someone who doesn't abide by thier bail conditions, arrest powers are built into the bail act. A person also who allegedly commits such crimes like hit and run and pervert the course of justice would have stringent reporting conditions like reporting from once a week to daily even twice daily to police b/w specified times and if you are late then you are arrested immeadiately. I charged a guy for a hit and run and he was required to report 3 times per week b/w the hours of 10 a.m and 4 p.m. When he failed to report by 6 p.m one day we were straight around to his home and dragged him straight off to the cells and he was remanded in custody for 3 weeks. They fool tried to produce a doctors certificate saying he was ill but it didn't wash with the magistrate who remanded him. The Magistrate's comment was "If you were well enough to make your own way to see a doctor then you were well enough to spend 5 minutes to pop into the police station and sign the reigister. I guess some countries take the judicial system and the laws more seriously.

You're absolutely right because Thailand's laws are exactly the same as Australia's, yes?

I'm not condoning anything, but what relevance has any other country's judicial system to Thailand's?

Why don't we start comparing, say, Somalia's laws for example, to Thailands when you're discussing this case? It would make as much sense as your comparison.

• Like 1

He kept on driving his car for 100 metres after knowing full well that the policeman was still under the wheels....Low life piece of s..t at best...Him and his whole family have shown not the slightest bit of remourse and obviously as far as they are concerned the 3 million baht payment was the end of it..only problem is it was a policeman he killed and loss of face is at stake here bigtime believe me...This is a real snub to the whole of the police force by what he's doing!!!

Wouldn't such a fugitive be hunted down and questioned back home in old Blighty?

Giving him a date to turn himself in is just allowing him more time to construct an alibi.

Quite probably so, the same as in Australia. I know for a fact where I am from in Melbourne Australia, there would be no need to apply for a warrant to arrest someone who doesn't abide by thier bail conditions, arrest powers are built into the bail act. A person also who allegedly commits such crimes like hit and run and pervert the course of justice would have stringent reporting conditions like reporting from once a week to daily even twice daily to police b/w specified times and if you are late then you are arrested immeadiately. I charged a guy for a hit and run and he was required to report 3 times per week b/w the hours of 10 a.m and 4 p.m. When he failed to report by 6 p.m one day we were straight around to his home and dragged him straight off to the cells and he was remanded in custody for 3 weeks. They fool tried to produce a doctors certificate saying he was ill but it didn't wash with the magistrate who remanded him. The Magistrate's comment was "If you were well enough to make your own way to see a doctor then you were well enough to spend 5 minutes to pop into the police station and sign the reigister. I guess some countries take the judicial system and the laws more seriously.

You're absolutely right because Thailand's laws are exactly the same as Australia's, yes?

I'm not condoning anything, but what relevance has any other country's judicial system to Thailand's?

Why don't we start comparing, say, Somalia's laws for example, to Thailands when you're discussing this case? It would make as much sense as your comparison.

I am extremely sorry that I have offended you, it was not my intention as I was simply replying to another persons post and if it interfered on yours I am sorry.

It would be pointless comparing Somalia's laws with Thailand as they are two totally different systems. Now the laws and judicial system of Britain, Australia and Thailand which Karlos and myself were refering to are built and modeled on the same system commonly known as the "WESTMINSTER SYSTEM"

Once again I apologise if I offended you for comparing countries that use the same system.

Edited by softgeorge
  • Like 1

I am extremely sorry that I have offended you, it was not my intention as I was simply replying to another persons post and if it interfered on yours I am sorry.

It would be pointless comparing Somalia's laws with Thailand as they are two totally different systems. Now the laws and judicial system of Britain, Australia and Thailand which Karlos and myself were refering to are built and modeled on the same system commonly known as the "WESTMINSTER SYSTEM"

Once again I apologise if I offended you for comparing countries that use the same system.

Bill999, OOPS umm do you need hand to extract the foot.cheesy.gif

I would like to hear the opinions and feelings of the usual resident Thai apologists regarding this sad episode.

Facts point to the driver of the Ferrari speeding and hitting a policeman. Fact (according to forensics) that the car stopped after 100 meters. Fact, the driver of the Ferrari was positively identified. Fact, he was summoned to appear for questioning many, many days later and did not show up.

Would the fact that the driver is a Hi So have influenced the relaxed manner in which this case has been handled by the Thai Royal Police?

Can the usual resident Thai apologists explain the handling of the authorities in this particular case and/or shed new light on the events?

Thanks!wai2.gif

WARRANT ????,.............this spoiled brat killed an innocent man ,...the police should be knocking his door down if there is no reply , throwing him on ground face first ,cuffing him and questioning him for 20 hrs before letting him sleep , ..{.i bet the dead polcemans mother has lost a bit of sleep} ,............... then locking him up until a court date is arranged.....THIS IS CALLED ENFORCING THE LAW -.END OF !,

• Like 1

This case is going the same way as all privileged perpetrators. It is a comedic farce at best. The poor servant who was coerced into claiming he was the driver found himself in court within a few days but this pathetic young man is still out in the open. The police claim that they are still awaiting the results of the forensics on the blood tests are completely full of brown fecal mater as such tests for substances such as cocaine can be detected in blood samples and or urine in less than 48 hours. Perhaps the "Boss" has been at a health resort for the past month to dry out and the police want to take another blood sample to show him in a different light. All concerned ,both family and authorities have a complete absence of any form of moral or social compass. Lowest forms of life. Yet another nail in this countries coffin.

I like your point about moral compass. Here's another simple example:

Ultra rich mother drives kid to school every morning in top of the range new benz sports car. School has a car queue drop off system, progressively make your way to drop off point where school staff take the child from the car and parent then joins outside traffic. (Or park in the car park and walk the child to his/her classroom).

Rich mother drives direct to the point where kids are dropped off, refuses to join the queue. Many other parents have strongly challenged her and told her to join the queue, she claims all innocence and says she didn't know there was a queue system.

Further, on many occasions she stops at the drop off point, gets out of her car to go to the school canteen to eat breakfast, leaving the queue totally blocked. Again she says she didn't realize.

Bottom line - it's obvious she believes that she is not part of the system / doesn't need to follow the system, etc.

Nobody talks to her, she is so disliked, brought on by her own actions and attitudes.

Longer-term, horrible values to be teaching her kid.

I agree with everything you say

but the issue is this person does not give a <deleted> about what other people think of her

She is content to live in her own world, she is a horse with blinders on

Too many people whose three favorite words are "me me me"

This case is going the same way as all privileged perpetrators. It is a comedic farce at best. The poor servant who was coerced into claiming he was the driver found himself in court within a few days but this pathetic young man is still out in the open. The police claim that they are still awaiting the results of the forensics on the blood tests are completely full of brown fecal mater as such tests for substances such as cocaine can be detected in blood samples and or urine in less than 48 hours. Perhaps the "Boss" has been at a health resort for the past month to dry out and the police want to take another blood sample to show him in a different light. All concerned ,both family and authorities have a complete absence of any form of moral or social compass. Lowest forms of life. Yet another nail in this countries coffin.

Ultra rich mother drives kid to school every morning in top of the range new benz sports car. School has a car queue drop off system, progressively make your way to drop off point where school staff take the child from the car and parent then joins outside traffic. (Or park in the car park and walk the child to his/her classroom).

Rich mother drives direct to the point where kids are dropped off, refuses to join the queue. Many other parents have strongly challenged her and told her to join the queue, she claims all innocence and says she didn't know there was a queue system.

Further, on many occasions she stops at the drop off point, gets out of her car to go to the school canteen to eat breakfast, leaving the queue totally blocked. Again she says she didn't realize.

Bottom line - it's obvious she believes that she is not part of the system / doesn't need to follow the system, etc.

Nobody talks to her, she is so disliked, brought on by her own actions and attitudes.

Too many people whose three favorite words are "me me me"

Would this include most Americans?

Whoa! - undress me with your big gun! 555+ cheesy.gif

I just made lots of new friends.... whistling.gifclap2.gif

-mel.

• Like 1

Taken from The Nation;

“Another warrant will be issued. If he refuses to show up his bail money will be confiscated and we’ll seek an arrest warrant accordingly,” Pol Maj Gen Anuchai said. He added that the investigation into the case was over 80% finished and that police had not yet requested his blood test results from physicians. The Nation reported on Saturday that cocaine was detected in Vorayuth’s blood.

If any credibility can be given to The Nation's report, it appears that they were privy to the blood test results before the police? One would have thought given the fact that it was a policeman who was the victim the 'Lab' would have completed the tests on the 'hurry up' and not waited to be contacted by the police but would have taken the initiative and offered up the results without being asked?

I guess 'Red Bull Boy' will have visited one of the illegal clinics (that the police are in the process of closing) and obtained a 'sick note' in the meantime his family will probably be looking for a 'friend' at the police laboratory in order to contaminate/lose the blood evidence.

Next step will be to buy some more time, so that a 'friend' in the police can misplace the paperwork failing that I am sure some of the judiciary will have unexpected bank account deposits, perhaps a new Ferrari to drive around in?

This made and still is making international news, the Thai police have an excellent opportunity to 'shine' on the international stage.

When this story broke I stupidly thought that justice will be seen to be done! Alas it now looks like the same old story? I hope I am proved wrong but......!

As most foreigners here already know - the perception of money being available changes the entire process.

Two poor folks collide in traffic and police are hard to find, but a wealthy person and a poor person collide (or foreigner & Thai) and the police are 'Johnny on the spot' with their hands out. If the accident is sufficiently damaging, a judge will become involved and he too will have his hand out.

Guaranteed, if a traffic accident involves a death, 500,000 Baht will buy you out of trouble, even if you were innocent.

Edited by dighambara

Pol Col Ear Medication: Note to Red Bull Boy delivered by the butler with breakfast. Please little Red Bull Boy show up for questioning (and my suggestion is with a lunch box full of cash, oops I mean lunch) so we don't have to seek a warrant.

Red Bull Boy: Daddy, Daddy, read this note.

Daddy: Don't worry son leave it to me. Pol Col Ear Medication has a very old pink Bentley.

Here's another.

Last night driving out of Paragon we want to turn right to go to MBK but no right turn.

In front of us Mercedez benz sports and security enable him to turn right illegally.

Red Bull ferrari driver has or soon will have

"License to Kill."

http://www.smh.com.a...1023-282xp.html

This one did not kill but look at what he got...

The newly elected deputy mayor of Auburn, high-flying property developer Salim Mehajer, has been sentenced to 150 hours community service and been disqualified from driving after crashing his Ferrari and injuring two pedestrians.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz2A5xrzQeq

Yeah, also the insurance will payout for the injuries & the guy in Oz wasnt drunk or speeding.

If the alleged Thai offence had happened in Oz, I reckon that manslaughter charges would have been the minimum, with jail time if guilty, given the speed & potential consumption of mind altering substances.

The newly elected deputy mayor of Auburn, high-flying property developer Salim Mehajer, has been sentenced to 150 hours community service and been disqualified from driving after crashing his Ferrari and injuring two pedestrians.

Yeah, also the insurance will payout for the injuries & the guy in Oz wasnt drunk or speeding.

If the alleged Thai offence had happened in Oz, I reckon that manslaughter charges would have been the minimum, with jail time if guilty, given the speed & potential consumption of mind altering substances.

In AUS he would be looking at no less than seven (7) serious charges. Charged on the day with at least 4, possibly remanded or bailed with stringent conditions like reporting daily, surrender passport etc. The remaining charges would be added in course

Edited by chooka

In AUS he would be looking at no less than seven (7) serious charges. Charged on the day with at least 4, possibly remanded or bailed with stringent conditions like reporting daily, surrender passport etc. The remaining charges would be added in course

Yeah but you know how to handle criminals down in Oz you've been doing it a while........................tongue.png

I'll get my hat and coat..................wink.png

• Like 1