Asia's Archaic Sex Work Laws

webfact

I don't doubt that there is plenty of unprotected sex going on -- just as there are even still commercial sex venues where protection is not an option nor are selecting or refusing which customers one serves or how many.

True and these serve almost exclusively Thai's.

No I was talking about the INTERNET and serving people who almost exclusively write English. As we speak there are 40,000 users world wide and 2000 on in Thailand.

Jeez man. Read it.

WE were talking about something else. I said, "I don't doubt that there is plenty of unprotected sex going on -- just as there are even still [NOTE THIS PART] commercial sex venues where protection is not an option nor are selecting or refusing which customers one serves or how many."

He agreed and you said "No" as if what he said was wrong but in fact it was spot on.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt that there is plenty of unprotected sex going on -- just as there are even still commercial sex venues where protection is not an option nor are selecting or refusing which customers one serves or how many.

No I was talking about the INTERNET and serving people who almost exclusively write English. As we speak there are 40,000 users world wide and 2000 on in Thailand.

Jeez man. Read it.

WE were talking about something else. You said "No" as if what he said was wrong but in fact it was spot on.

It's OK, I realise he hasn't been around Thailand very much.

Jeez man. Read it.

WE were talking about something else. You said "No" as if what he said was wrong but in fact it was spot on.

I think Uptheos said Thais don't use condoms but Farang use condoms. Yes? To that I said no. Farangs don't use condoms.

I think Uptheos said Thais don't use condoms but Farang use condoms. Yes? To that I said no. Farangs don't use condoms.

I'm honestly not trying to insult you but I have to ask: Are you intoxicated by any chance? Or have some sort of reading problem?

Not only does what I have posted over and over again say nothing of the sort, but neither "Thais don't use condoms but Farang use condoms" nor "Farangs don't use condoms" appear anywhere on the thread (or anything remotely similar). And both of those would be really stupid things to say.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

I'm honestly not trying to insult you but I have to ask: Are you intoxicated by any chance? Or have some sort of reading problem?

Politely done.......I think he's pissed so I'm out of here. smile.png

Not only does what I have posted over and over again say nothing of the sort, but neither "Thais don't use condoms but Farang use condoms" nor "Farangs don't use condoms" appear anywhere on the thread (or anything remotely similar). And both of those would be really stupid things to say.

SteeleJoe, on 2012-10-25 10:04:32, said:

uptheos, on 2012-10-25 10:07:34, said: True and these serve almost exclusively Thai's

Please show me that exact statement.

uptheos, on 2012-10-25 10:07:34, said: True and these serve almost exclusively Thai's

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Yes. Can you understand what you have just posted?

You said, "I don't doubt that there is plenty of unprotected sex going on" Uptheos said, "True and these serve almost exclusively Thai's"

You said, "I don't doubt that there is plenty of unprotected sex going on" Uptheos said, "True and these serve almost exclusively Thai's"

That is the weakest and most blatant selective editing I've ever seen. Why not just admit that you got it wrong? Even your own post before this last one shows that you are and how you've now tried to distort things.

Your edit doesn't even make sense: who is "these" supposed to be in your new version?

The above is with no edit. It means that you said there is plenty of unprotected sex going on and Uptheos said it is almost exclusively Thai.

biggrin.png

The above is with no edit. It means that you said there is plenty of unprotected sex going on and Uptheos said it is almost exclusively Thai.

biggrin.png

You are one of the following:

A] intoxicated

B] unable to fully comprehend written English

C] of very limited intellect

D] deliberately dishonest just because you don't have enough integrity to admit to a simple error

E] wasting time with a deliberate windup (ie trollin')

Edited by SteeleJoe

biggrin.png

A] intoxicated

D] deliberately dishonest just because you don't have enough integrity to admit to a simple error

I have no idea what you are talking about. You wrote something which is very clear as did Uptheos. Now you saying something different? What are you saying now?

biggrin.png

A] intoxicated

I have no idea what you are talking about. You wrote something which is very clear as did Uptheos. Now you saying something different? What are you saying now?

No idea? So that narrows it down to A, B, or C.

It is very clear what I wrote (to a sober person of even average intelligence). I have changed nothing.

biggrin.png

A] intoxicated

It is very clear what I wrote (to a sober person of even average intelligence). I have changed nothing.

I think your main point is "there is plenty of unprotected sex going but not among the Farang community." If that is not your point please let me know.

What the h*ll, I'm bored...

"I don't doubt that there is plenty of unprotected sex going on -- just as there are even still commercial sex venues where protection is not an option nor are selecting or refusing which customers one serves or how many."

The first part, before the dash, is in response to your post about the website. The next part, after the dash, is an additional comment by me referring to a certain type of COMMERCIAL SEX VENUES. "Commercial sex venue" would be places where people go to pay for sex. I point out that in some of those COMMERCIAL SEX VENUES, protection is not an option etc.

Uptheos replied to MY post:

"True and these serve almost exclusively Thai's."

This is clearly and indisputably a reference to the aforementioned "commercial sex venues". As is my response to his comment.

No one is wrong in that exchange. No one claimed or in any way implied only Thais refuse to wear condoms.

You have not once gotten it right (except when you copied what was posted IN FULL -- without comment).

I think your main point is "there is plenty of unprotected sex going but not among the Farang community." If that is not your point please let me know.

So, is it A, B, or C? I still don't know.

Not only is that not my "main point", it isn't a point I made at all. As can be clearly seen.

Edited by SteeleJoe

A, B, or C.

Not only is that not my "main point", it isn't a point I made at all. As can be clearly seen.

I know that's your posting style. Never mention the point or answer the question only try and make the other person seem foolish.

This is what we wrote,

You wrote, "Well, hooray for the western customers and the women who service them. Now what about the other 90% of prostitutes and their Asian (primarily Thai) customers?"

I wrote, "Not getting into the specifics of prostitution but there is an on line service that has live conversation as a feature. It has been my experience that 9 out of 10 can be negotiated with no condom for little or no extra charge. I would say the use of condoms is highly exaggerated."

I don't doubt that there is plenty of unprotected sex going on -- just as there are even still commercial sex venues where protection is not an option nor are selecting or refusing which customers one serves or how many. "

Uptheos, "True and these serve almost exclusively Thai's"

Back to you.

"Yep. (With an occasional regional neighbor.) Westerners are typically not even allowed in such places even when they are aware of them and their locations (which they generally are not)."

What is your point?

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

A, B, or C.

I know that's your posting style. Never mention the point or answer the question only try and make the other person seem foolish.

Well this is what we wrote,

"Well, hooray for the western customers and the women who service them. Now what about the other 90% of prostitutes and their Asian (primarily Thai) customers?"

I wrote, "Not getting into the specifics of prostitution but there is an on line service that has live conversation as a feature. It has been my experience that 9 out of 10 can be negotiated with no condom for little or no extra charge. I would say the use of condoms is highly exaggerated."

I don't doubt that there is plenty of unprotected sex going on -- just as there are even still commercial sex venues where protection is not an option nor are selecting or refusing which customers one serves or how many. "

Back to you.

"Yep. (With an occasional regional neighbor.) Westerners are typically not even allowed in such places even when they are aware of them and their locations (which they generally are not)."

What is your point?

Your description of my posting style (ie my typical behavior here) is a lie. Plain and simple. I can state this knowing that it is an ad hominem attack you can not support with any fact.

My point? I shall humor you some more (because in actual fact it keeps me amused):

I responded in the affirmative to your assertion that "the use of condoms is highly exaggerated" (you did not specifiy the "Farang community"). I also pointed out that unprotected sex is not even an option in some cases. I later, in response to Uptheos comment about the sort of places I mentioned, agreed with him and elaborated on why and what it means.

Why is that so hard to comprehend? It's all there. You posted it yourself. What question did I not answer (here or any other thread)? What point did I not mention that I should have (here or on any other thread)?

Edited by SteeleJoe

A, B, or C.

Well this is what we wrote,

"Well, hooray for the western customers and the women who service them. Now what about the other 90% of prostitutes and their Asian (primarily Thai) customers?"

Back to you.

What is your point?

Your description of my posting style (ie my typical behavior here) is a lie. Plain and simple. I can state this knowing that it is an ad hominem attack you can not support with any fact.

My point? I shall humor you some more (because in actual fact it keeps me amused):

I responded in the affirmative to your assertion that "the use of condoms is highly exaggerated" (you did not specifiy the "Farang community"). I also pointed out that unprotected sex is not even an option in some cases. I later, in response to Uptheos comment about the sort of places I mentioned, agreed with him and elaborated on why and what it means.

Why is that so hard to comprehend? It's all there. You posted it yourself. What question did I not answer (here or any other thread)? What point did I not mention that I should have (here or on any other thread)?

Your posting style in the past few minutes, quote,

"Read again. You've missed something.I don't think "we" missed anything. This is the post that you are not reading or misunderstanding:

Are you intoxicated by any chance? Or have some sort of reading problem?

A] intoxicated

This has turned into a two person circular dialogue. Either stop the bickering or posts will be removed or topic closed.

Agreed and agreed to. It was never my intention for it to be that and regret it. In fact, the post(s) in dispute was in agreement with the other poster.

Edited by SteeleJoe

I've lost count of the number of Thai girls I've spoken to who got pregnant at a young age because they simply didn't know that was the result of having sex. blink.png

And you believe them all? Seriously??

That was my first thought too.

Particularly in Thailand since there are no laws are on the books for men who like to get off and make babies are hunted down and forced to pay financal support..'Unlike the west where large percentage a man's salary may be attached or thrown in Jail if they fail to financially support children whom he help foster into theworld, there-by putting the total weight & financial burden 100% percent on the woman, what alternatives does she have in light of and in view of total lack of education and the necessary skills to be a productive individual in a society which is governed irresponsible and imature men.Until more women get into grass root politics and obtain political clout to change the rules of the game...NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE.

A man would never get away with that kind of crap in the western countires, especially in the U.SA. coffee1.gif

and periodically the man would be taken to court by the woman for increases in child support based on a record of his salary increases if any, usually win. coffee1.gif

What an fool you are. This article has nothing to do with child support.

How rude you are. Learn some manners if you want to be taken seriously.

The posters point ... I assume ... is that many women wind up being sex workers because they have no other way to support their kids ... while the kids' fathers take no responsibility what-so-ever for the child's welfare.

Particularly in Thailand since there are no laws are on the books for men who like to get off and make babies are hunted down and forced to pay financal support..'Unlike the west where large percentage a man's salary may be attached or thrown in Jail if they fail to financially support children whom he help foster into theworld, there-by putting the total weight & financial burden 100% percent on the woman, what alternatives does she have in light of and in view of total lack of education and the necessary skills to be a productive individual in a society which is governed irresponsible and imature men.Until more women get into grass root politics and obtain political clout to change the rules of the game...NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE.

A man would never get away with that kind of crap in the western countires, especially in the U.SA. coffee1.gif

and periodically the man would be taken to court by the woman for increases in child support based on a record of his salary increases if any, usually win. coffee1.gif

While I get what your saying about many men not taking financial responsibility for their kids causing hardship, your conclusion is nonsense. There are plenty of women that find a way to take care of themselves and their kids without taking the easy route of prostitution. It is common for relatives to take on these children while the mother works regardless of what occupation she takes up. It just happens that some of these girls choose a life of easy money and partying over hard work. That is not a judgement, I doubt if I would want to work my ass off in some factory for almost nothing if I had the option to get paid a lot to party every night.

Do you really think prostitution is the "easy route"? Are you that naive, or just cold hearted?

Not a judgment? No, that's exactly what you're doing.

Specially in Thailand no woman is forced to get children....There are plenty solutions to not get pregnant and they are well known and as well abortion is legal in Thailand.

Spoken as a man ... a naive one.

Specially in Thailand no woman is forced to get children....There are plenty solutions to not get pregnant and they are well known and as well abortion is legal in Thailand.

abortion maybe legal , but is looked on in a VERY bad light , equal to a staunch catholics thinking but with a few different prospectives on it and the bf/husband will not forgive her for aborting,..........woman looses whatever she does here ..........TIT.

abortion maybe legal , but is looked on in a VERY bad light , equal to a staunch catholics thinking but with a few different prospectives on it and the bf/husband will not forgive her for aborting,..........woman looses whatever she does here ..........TIT.

I took three ladies to the monk to atone for an abortion. They told the abbot what happened and he told them how much money to give and what prayers to say. Next day they were OK.

Edited by chiangmaikelly