2 Questions Re Retirement Extension

Retirement Extension Questions

1. I got my non-immigrant O visa, 800K is seasoned in my K-bank account in Bangkok. How soon after arrival can I file for the extension?

2. In case i want file for the extension in a province up north, will K-bank branches in different provinces issue the letter certifying the deposit for immigration, even though the acc is in BKK? (As the letter has to be dated on the day of filing, it would be virtually impossible to get a letter from the BKK branch and file for the extension with the bank letter 500 miles northh on the same day).

I appreciate informed feedback!

Not all immigration offices require the bank letter to be dated the same day. I recently read at Jomtien a week early is fine and I have never done the letter the same day there. Obviously the fresher is better but I wouldn't assume a particular office requires same day (unless the office there told you that directly) in case that becomes an issue for you if you end up needing to go to Bangkok to get the letter.

Edited by Jingthing

Not all immigration offices require the bank letter to be dated the same day. I recently read at Jomtien a week early is fine and I have never done the letter the same day there. Obviously the fresher is better but I wouldn't assume a particular office requires same day (unless the office there told you that directly) in case that becomes an issue for you if you end up needing to go to Bangkok to get the letter.

Try first to go to the branchoffice of your bank in the place where you are...... several banks branchofficies helps out actually..... I have my account in Chaiyaphum (Kasikorn) and same bank in Loire gave me the "letter" confirming status of my account. So try that first....

Just wondering my the way.....Why in hell is Thailand and thai-banks do this to us, I mean in some cases sending us hundreds of kilometers for a confirmation-letter, wheh they easily can do it right there??? They have computers that are connected to the bankaccount in question..... Is this just to make it uncomfortunately for us falangs, or what????

Glegolo

As said most offices will not require same day letter - even Bangkok with branch offices one floor below that can write letters only requires a passbook entry on same day from my understanding. Letters must be signed and most branch managers do not want to do this for an account that is not in there pocket. If you are living upcountry strongly advise banking there as all transactions will have fees if out of area. This may not be possible for this extension due to seasoning requirements however (although it is only 2 months so if you move there soon it would be).

I live near Korat and my branch is in BKK.

The Kasikorn branch near me issues the letter without any question or problem - although of course they do charge the usual 100B

Out of interest - is a bank letter still necessary or is the passbook sufficient these days?