Metal Detecting And Scuba

fakename

Are there any divers here that also metal detect? I havent dived in Thailand for years, (lost my dive card), but just wondering if anyone is doing it, or seen others doing it. Im in the Pattaya area.
you don't need a card as your name will be on padi database...yes ex-SAS are always right

It is illegal to metal detect in Thailand , but I guess under water nobody will find out.

Only if you are trespassing on private property or a military controlled beach or you find antiques or objects of art and don't report them. wink.png

http://www.thaimetaldetecting.com/

http://www.thaimetaldetectors.com/

http://www.bangkokbo...oduct_id=001045

you don't need a card as your name will be on padi database...yes ex-SAS are always right

For a replacement card just contact PADI and they will get you a new one.

Unless the OP was certified by one of the number of other certification agencies. PADI can not replace your NAUI, NASDS (defunct: replacements not available), CMAS, BSAC, YMCA, NASE, SDI, SSI, PSIA, etc. card. You will need to contact your respective certifying agency to get a replacement card.

As a side note, the certification is valid for life even if you lose your card, however a refresher course is recommended, and may be required by some shops/divemasters/instructors if you haven't dived in a while.

Unless the OP was certified by one of the number of other certification agencies. PADI can not replace your NAUI, NASDS (defunct: replacements not available), CMAS, BSAC, YMCA, NASE, SDI, SSI, PSIA, etc. card. You will need to contact your respective certifying agency to get a replacement card.

As a side note, the certification is valid for life even if you lose your card, however a refresher course is recommended, and may be required by some shops/divemasters/instructors if you haven't dived in a while.

Spoken like a true PADI professional Joe whistling.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been detecting on land and under water with a lot of different devices.

Finally I stuck to my old Whites Eagle for land and an Ebinger 720 for diving.

The Ebinger has the advantage to be a very small device and also a very robust construction.

In Thailand I've seen a lot of locals searching on the beaches after the masses of tourists left.

Bye,

Derk

Spoken like a true PADI professional Joe whistling.gifbiggrin.png

And I am not ex-SAS..just to be clear. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

coins, junk jewelry, bottle caps of a dozen different varieties, sinkers, and yeah, some good stuff, but not alot. New sand has been added, so all is buried deep for a while.

Anything good or worth keeping? I was thinking of spending a few grand on one that the FBI use and diving out in shallow waters in Racha, Maya bay and Coral island with it. Am I wasting my time?