First Insurance Renewal..... Higher Quote?

karlos

It is an easy stupid system how bike tax and basic insurance are handled in LOS. But it makes sense to bind the payment of tax to the basic insurance. Its always based on one year. What should they do with someone who has purchased a first or second class insurance less than one year ago? They need to make sure that the bike is insured for one year. Easy, cheap and stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

What is that 1666 baht insurance I see advertised when registering my bike? I just bought a CBR250 ABS and want good coverage!

Maybe you mean this:

Its insurance for Third Party Liability. No medical cover for you. Low bail bond. You should better go for first class (maybe 6-7000 Baht).

What is that 1666 baht insurance I see advertised when registering my bike? I just bought a CBR250 ABS and want good coverage!

Maybe you mean this:

http://www.thaivisa....ce-a-good-deal/

Its insurance for Third Party Liability. No medical cover for you. Low bail bond. You should better go for first class (maybe 6-7000 Baht).

If you want the best you can get then Yeah first class ! been looking around much of a muchmess Versys 1st class no second class 14000-15000. only in and around 170,000 cover on average, better than nowt I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried Mittare, they gave me the best "own damage" for my CBR250, 120k, but their other coverages were not as good as MSIG-Lockton, who I eventually went with. Their "own damage" was only 100k, but their other coverages and customer service were better!

Strange, they pretty much equaled everything the other companies would quoted me but as you mentioned gave me a much higher total loss.

You want good cover First Class is the only way.thumbsup.gif

You can get Third class that includes coverage for your own medical and decent bail coverage but yes, it doesn't seem as though they will pump it quite up to First class levels. Strange - you'd think there would be more demand for it.

The name of company that i couldn't remember was Mittare.

First class insurance

210,000baht of cover

6500baht excess

Premium cost; 13,400baht

http://www.mittare.com/

This is to cover a 1 year old 2012 Ninja 650 with 1 year no claims directly through my local Kawasaki Dealership (Real Motorsport)

Picking up my new N250 on Saturday. I think the Kawasaki insurance is 8 or 9,000B. Mittar have offered me 6,900B, how do the two policies compare? i never mentioned I have 1yr no claims bonus on my CBR (which is now only 4000B) If I mention it or show proof would Kawasaki or Mittar bring their price down further?

First class insurance

210,000baht of cover

6500baht excess

Premium cost; 13,400baht

This is to cover a 1 year old 2012 Ninja 650 with 1 year no claims directly through my local Kawasaki Dealership (Real Motorsport)

Picking up my new N250 on Saturday. I think the Kawasaki insurance is 8 or 9,000B. Mittar have offered me 6,900B, how do the two policies compare? i never mentioned I have 1yr no claims bonus on my CBR (which is now only 4000B) If I mention it or show proof would Kawasaki or Mittar bring their price down further?

6900 is a great price but do compare the polices first :)

I doubt your NCD will reduce what is already a fantasic price

First class insurance

210,000baht of cover

6500baht excess

Premium cost; 13,400baht

6900 is a great price but do compare the polices first smile.png

I doubt your NCD will reduce what is already a fantasic price

As far as I know the only difference is 130,000 to 120,000 for fire/theft and deductible 5000B to 6500B but its 3-4000B cheaper.

We are happy to quote for your CBR250 - and any other bike. Please go to : http://www.aainsure...._quote_form.php

Received a quote from you but just to much trouble to get insurance, pictures of this copies of that, much easier to find company in Phuket!!

The reason AA is asking for recent photos, is for sight unseen reasons. Meaning you don't have to show up with your bike for them to estimate the condition. You also sign a condition report with your supplied photos. AA also do agreed value.

• Like 1

We are happy to quote for your CBR250 - and any other bike. Please go to : http://www.aainsure...._quote_form.php

Received a quote from you but just to much trouble to get insurance, pictures of this copies of that, much easier to find company in Phuket!!

The reason AA is asking for recent photos, is for sight unseen reasons. Meaning you don't have to show up with your bike for them to estimate the condition. You also sign a condition report with your supplied photos. AA also do agreed value.

Exactly as Mittar did too

Exactly as Mittar did too

And AA wanted almost double the price compared to Mittare.
  • Like 1

Siam Cosmos

I think they have agents all over Thailand

sent from my ..................#

Cheers I will get the wife to give them a call tomorrow.

I'm with them now, and I will not renew. I want no connection to who their related by marriage to...whistling.gif