2013 Ducati Made In Thailand

yankee99

So the base model Multistrada is 858k due to the various taxes. Is this on the road price or there is more to be paid for insurance and road tax?

Mandatory insurance and registration will be around 1000-1500 baht at the most.

Of course the dealer might not tell you that and make up numbers all of their own; it depends. Sometimes they add that to a package deal, as if it was a great deal. Like you get the bike, a (worthless) jacket, a (crap) helmet, and rego and mandatory insurance for only 10k above the list price! Meaning you just paid 8,500 baht for a worthless jacket and a crap helmet.

Edited by nikster

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once you've had Duc, you never go back tongue.png

They inspire passion because they are designed, engineered and built with true passion, not committees. But the Superbikes, at least, are very uncompromising to the point of being fitness machines. If yr not in shape when u start riding one, it'll whip u into shape. Its one of the reasons i love em.

And that rigor in riding position, the firmness of suspension/chassis/brakes/engine... all in perfect balance... can save yr bacon at-speed! on lesser bikes, a quick, evasive swerve-brake maneuver can be difficult at best. And sometimes, only serious power will teach locals their Toyota is a complete turd (is that TRD stands for?) next to yr bike. With the stupidity that comes at you at every turn in LoS, it's worth thinking about.

I dont know about inspiring passion. I will tell you that if you dont have passion one would be much happier with a jap bike. Although the italians have style thats where it ends imho.

opinions are like <deleted>, everybody's entitled to one biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been to Thong Lor this week.The sales guy who speaks real good English says the Hyper will be there end of this year. no price as yet.

Had to get a taxi real quick before putting my money on the Multistrada. Need to wait a few months. God its a good looking bike.

• Like 1

Been to Thong Lor this week.The sales guy who speaks real good English says the Hyper will be there end of this year. no price as yet.

Had to get a taxi real quick before putting my money on the Multistrada. Need to wait a few months. God its a good looking bike.

I also went to Thonglor this week and was very close to signing for a Multistrada, stunning bike and perfect for the roads I'll be riding. But got a good deal on a used 796 Hypermotard so went with that for now, maybe I'll upgrade to the Multistrada in 2-3 yrs.

What the price here for Multistrada? Also wanted to know if anyone knows the price for Diavel, seen one in CM a months ago my god that bike is amazing.

The Multistrada ABS is 858k baht and an amazing bike, this year's model has been updated and is now even better than before. If you want the Skyhook suspension then another 150k or so. Diavel Dark is currently 868k but will increase to 899k in a few months.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ducati-chiangmai/349846658429745?fref=ts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTM4CvpOqG8

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday I've been in Ducati Chiang Mai and they said price for Hypermotard will be 539.000 THB and for Hyper SP more than 600.000 (don't remember exactly). expensive but I hope will buy one smile.png

Edited by trineax

the 'tards and multistroodles are tasty for sure. Anybody looking for a proper Superbike, let me know via PM. My choice 996 is available. See Classifieds on Thaivisa or on CL Thailand for further info.

Beautiful

Great pics in your ad too

Edited by mania

yesterday I've been in Ducati Chiang Mai and they said price for Hypermotard will be 539.000 THB and for Hyper SP more than 600.000 (don't remember exactly). expensive but I hope will buy one smile.png

sounds interesting for the Hypermotard, any insight on arrival/delivery?

the 'tards and multistroodles are tasty for sure. Anybody looking for a proper Superbike, let me know via PM. My choice 996 is available. See Classifieds on Thaivisa or on CL Thailand for further info.

That was the one in MCW Phuket right? I went to look at that bike, then went to make an offer and it had sold but was upstairs teasing me. I'll drop you a pm

sounds interesting for the Hypermotard, any insight on arrival/delivery?

october-november can buy in ducati shops. exactly this year.

Edited by trineax

That was the one in MCW Phuket right? I went to look at that bike, then went to make an offer and it had sold but was upstairs teasing me. I'll drop you a pm

Yeah, that's it. I had to leave it there in Phuket for a while til I had time to fly in and rider 'er back to Bangkok. Now THAT was a memorable ride, especially in the mountains North of Phuket on the way to Prachuap Kirikhan. First good-sized fuel station North of the Island, stopped for breakfast: green mango and a bolan coffee see dam. The divided highway up the peninsula was good for speed as long as one kept an eagle eye at the periodic U-turns.

post-111479-0-59505700-1375120316_thumb.

post-111479-0-78465900-1375120334_thumb.

Cant see me taking my 600,000 baht bike dirt riding but wouldnt mind renting one to do it

This is in the USA so it's about 450 K baht. I love it when people ride bikes the way they're supposed to be ridden... this guy is no professional but he's just going for it anyway, dirt, road, whatever. That's what a motard is for.

• 2 months later...

Perfect price and multistrada is tempting.

What are the difference between motard and strada apart from paniers and windscreen?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OMG... what a price. This is absolutely excellent, may be even better of a value than the Monster 795!

I am guessing the SP is imported & the others made here...

Anyone know if it has ABS? It's standard on the Hyper on the Ducati page but you never know...

Edited by nikster

Not changes apart from suspension travel, strada is lower and 5 kg heavier.

Other than that, strada has some touring niceities like panniers, pirelli angel tires, passanger handles, a comfier seat and plug under seat for charging things.

Looks nice, prefer streetfighter though still it works for me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OMG... what  a price. This is absolutely excellent, may be even better of a value than the Monster 795!

I am guessing the SP is imported & the others made here...

Anyone know if it has ABS? It's standard on the Hyper on the Ducati page but you never know...

Yes, all new Hyper come with ABS.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app