Bloodbath In Soi Lk Metro After Argument About A Girl

Rimmer

Bloodbath in Soi LK Metro after argument about a girl

lk.jpg

Pattaya: Soi LK Metro sees knife attack and violence on Sunday night

A reported fight in Soi LK Metro on Sunday night left barkeepers and customers stunned as the violence escalated into the street outside the Billabong bar, in full view of passing pedestrians and customer of adjacent bars.

Normally a safe, if non sedate, area of the city, Soi LK Metro is adjacent to Soi Diana Inn and Soi Buakau where Sunday evening antics are usually restricted to the odd drunk and a parade of pretty girls, So this night’s event shook the community.

According to witnesses at the scene, the fight, which took place on the corner outside the Billabong bar, was between two local nationals and quickly turned from an argument to a knife wielding fight.

One man is reported to have had his throat cut and received multiple stab wounds, being left in the street which was described as “awash with blood”, (this according to two witnesses from the nearby Rock House.)

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-10-29

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and saw it take place...The Thai that was hurt the worse had a cotton gauze wrapped on his hand and perhaps a half cup of blood was spilled on the ground....Nothing to serious just a quick brawl...

so he didnt get his throat cut?????????????

Typical shoddy reporting missing major details.

Was anyone arrested?

Is the stabbing victim in serious condition?

Did the police come?

Did they walk away or were they carted off by rescue workers?

Ah come to paradise also known as the Land Of Smiles, where u can walk alonfg our white sandy beaches, or just relax under a um-ber-ella-eh-eh-eh...while sipping on a coconut or a cheap cocktail

(sounds of broom bristles in the backround as stories like these are quietly swept under the rug....)wai2.gif

Was anyone arrested?

Did the police come?

You think this foreigner based radio station gives 2 craps about good reporting? It's all about getting more listeners and selling more ads. Show me 1 news outlet in Thailand that cares about good reporting and I'll show you a BG that only has 1 customer.

Yup, the majority of these little pussy-pot-pies are afraid to fight with their fists, they're always armed with something - always - against each other and especially foreigners. Never get into a serious scap with a Thai fella, unless you're prepared to fight to the death eh.

Yes, fight a Thai to the death, with odds of about 6-1 against, that's the only way to fight that Thais know.

I have seen a fair number of Thais get into fights at the bar beer centers. Never saw a knife. They just go at each other with fists and feet until someone pulls them apart. I am not saying that worse does not happen but what you have just posted is your own personal contrivance.

I was there and saw it take place...The Thai that was hurt the worse had a cotton gauze wrapped on his hand and perhaps a half cup of blood was spilled on the ground....Nothing to serious just a quick brawl...

why spoil an interesting story with boring facts? whistling.gif

• Like 2

Was anyone arrested?

Did the police come?

You think this foreigner based radio station gives 2 craps about good reporting? It's all about getting more listeners and selling more ads. Show me 1 news outlet in Thailand that cares about good reporting and I'll show you a BG that only has 1 customer.

Bangkok Post is alright sad.png

from original news report

One man is reported to have had his throat cut and received multiple stab wounds, being left in the street which was described as “awash with blood”, (this according to two witnesses from the nearby Rock House.)

Police and emergency services were called to the scene at around 10 in the evening to arrest one man and send the other for emergency treatment before locals hosed the street down with water to remove the blood. Witnesses say the fight was over a girl and that no foreigners were involved.

The knifeman was taken away in handcuffs to Pattaya Police station and charges are expected to be made against him during the night.

Edited by Jayman

from original news report

Police and emergency services were called to the scene at around 10 in the evening to arrest one man and send the other for emergency treatment before locals hosed the street down with water to remove the blood. Witnesses say the fight was over a girl and that no foreigners were involved.

The knifeman was taken away in handcuffs to Pattaya Police station and charges are expected to be made against him during the night.

As I said.....no formal arrest was made at Pattaya Police Station and no charges were brought against anyone

Yup, the majority of these little pussy-pot-pies are afraid to fight with their fists, they're always armed with something - always - against each other and especially foreigners. Never get into a serious scap with a Thai fella, unless you're prepared to fight to the death eh.

Victims of Scotland's knife crime culture plan vigil at Holyrood in bid for tougher sentences .

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/victims-of-scotlands-knife-crime-culture-1062835

Well it makes a change from the last two stabbing murders down there being committed on farangs by farangs in broad daylight...What's happening down there lately.. didn't it used to be the 'balcony diving' capital of the world before??

Edited by sydneyjed

Well it makes a change from the last two stabbing murders down there being committed on farangs by farangs in broad daylight...What's happening down there lately.. didn't it used to be the 'balcony diving' capital of the world before??

I don't ever remember anyone jumping from Soi LK Metro. Most of the buildings in there are only 3 stories. 2nd or Beach road would be better.

38 posts and an expert is born.

Not sure the number of posts someone makes on Thaivisa is a good measure of expertise.

Sent from my Liquid MT using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

38 posts and an expert is born.

guess i had better make a few more posts then as 15 yrs, 2 thai marraiges, 1 kid , 3 businesses , a few years of jungle life, being in 2 fatal road crashes , a taste of monkey-house food and all other experiences account for nothing if you've not made 800 posts on TV .........obviously ! eh ??,................i had a few nights in a prison cell here 10 yrs ago for hitting a thai with a barstool after he pulled a knife out ..............reason being the bar wanted me to pay the damages a pissed up farang made due to the fact he could'nt stand up, my crime was trying to help him to his feet ! ... i bow to your superior posting record !

• Like 1

Firstly this journalist has not been around LK metro for a while. Now the place is full of small GO GO bars struggling to make money. All these bars are manned by armed penniless thugs called security, dragged in from the outcasts of walking street. I saw one beating the s@@T out of a pensioner the other week and when they called their mates "Namely the rescue car" to take him to hospital, they got well peeved of when the guy came around before they could get him in the car and rifle his pockets. The place is dangerous now folks you mark my words.

Yes, fight a Thai to the death, with odds of about 6-1 against, that's the only way to fight that Thais know.

I have seen a fair number of Thais get into fights at the bar beer centers. Never saw a knife. They just go at each other with fists and feet until someone pulls them apart. I am not saying that worse does not happen but what you have just posted is your own personal contrivance.

One little-known fact is that Thailand leads the world in muders by gun per capita, and there are more guns per capita here than in the Philippines and Cambodia, among others. Knifes aside, increasingly we need to watch out for guns. Ah the good old days. When I first came here in 1986 crime never crossed my mind, and many others of my generation will tell you the same thing. I think an entire generation of young males have grown up in a "culture of violence" and having nothing to do with their lives except "act like morons." Couple that with a rising tide of xenophobia, and the fact that the worst of the worst have migrated to Pattaya-Jomtien, and the 5-star tourists destination myth starts to really look like a myth.

• Like 1