Bloodbath In Soi Lk Metro After Argument About A Girl

Rimmer

The traditional Pattaya economy was two fisherman named Somchai long dead now. The tourist economy started by Aussie soldiers in the 1960's was really kicked off by Euro people in the late 1970's. So the traditional Pattaya economy is the steady flow of new tourists now more families than punters.

oh no.. not the story of how the aussies started pattaya again.....

They've tried to cover it up for too long but there are photos.

Ohh please.. do tell us about the conspiracy to cover up the aussie discovery of Pattaya. ROTFL

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh please.. do tell us about the conspiracy to cover up the aussie discovery of Pattaya. ROTFL

I'm not covering it up. I don't know anyone who is. You maybe?

I'm not covering it up. I don't know anyone who is. You maybe?

You are the one to say "They've tried to cover it up for too long but there are photos." Who is "they" Bilderberg?

Jayman, You are the one who wrote, "oh no.. not the story of how the aussies started pattaya again....." I thought you didn't believe it.smile.png I mean that was the meaning of, " oh no.. not the story of how the aussies started pattaya again.." Yes?

I don't believe it. But I don't think there is a cover-up either. I'm actually thinking, you must be an aussie right?

Jayman, You are the one who wrote, "oh no.. not the story of how the aussies started pattaya again....." I thought you didn't believe it.smile.png I mean that was the meaning of, " oh no.. not the story of how the aussies started pattaya again.." Yes?

I don't believe it. But I don't think there is a cover-up either. I'm actually thinking, you must be an aussie right?

No I am a Pattaya historian. I remember the story I read along with photos about the first encampment of Australian troops and they watched the Americans drive by from U-Tapao to Bangkok. Perhaps an Aussie Digger will be along to give us the names and dates of the unit and such.

I remember speaking with an ex Aussie viet/vet in the early 90's. He had been here since the late 60's.

He explained to me that when he orginally came on his tour r&r he flew Saigon to the U.S air base at

Utapao and he and his mates drank at the U.S servicemens club, on which is now Marine discotec walking

street.

I cant remember the specifics, but he did say his tour was 66/67 an the U.S servicemen's club had be going

for a few yrs.

The Aust Army major contribution to Vietnam started in 65 in the form of 1 Inf Bn that was inbedded with a U.S Brigade.

Surely the Aust army would have used the resources of the huge U.S military machine while on r&r also ?

I remember speaking with an ex Aussie viet/vet in the early 90's. He had been here since the late 60's.

He explained to me that when he orginally came on his tour r&r he flew Saigon to the U.S air base at

Utapao and he and his mates drank at the U.S servicemens club, on which is now Marine discotec walking

street.

I cant remember the specifics, but he did say his tour was 66/67 an the U.S servicemen's club had be going

for a few yrs.

The Aust Army major contribution to Vietnam started in 65 in the form of 1 Inf Bn that was inbedded with a U.S Brigade.

Surely the Aust army would have used the resources of the huge U.S military machine while on r&r also ?

You will find that their were around 60,000 Australian military based in Vietnam during the entire course of the war. There were around 2.7 million US personnel based in Vietnam during the war. Numbers speak for them selves as to the number of Australians on R&R in Pattaya and their contribution to the local sex industry and economy. The Australians would likely have been flow in via the US base at U-Tapao - anyone know for sure?

Overview of Australian military contribution and timelines at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Australia_during_the_Vietnam_War

street.

for a few yrs.

You will find that their were around 60,000 Australian military based in Vietnam during the entire course of the war. There were around 2.7 million US personnel based in Vietnam during the war. Numbers speak for them selves as to the number of Australians on R&R in Pattaya and their contribution to the local sex industry and economy. The Australians would likely have been flow in via the US base at U-Tapao - anyone know for sure?

http://en.wikipedia....the_Vietnam_War

As I mentioned in an earlier thread pattaya beachwas an australian and british army r&r resort in 1963, the americans stationed in Utapao when their buses and trucks passed us on their way to Bkk and they saw us partying they stopped for a beer or two I left thailand in 1966 at that time there were still no US bungalows or bars in pattaya, as far as US bases in los at that time Ubon and Udon were rather well set up and had their own bars and custom built mia noi villages,the biggest by far was Korat with a huge mia noi estate of new houses directly outside the camp,and the on base bars were the best in thailand to this day have never seen an establishment to top the Broken Arrow with Sudsai and her staff, cool.gif the photo is of our first camp on pattaya beach The above posted 2010-07-07 15:32:38 by Nignoy

post-73727-0-59056200-1351661558.jpg

When did the US military start using Pattaya for R&R?

R&R American troops Vietnam

Australia (Sydney) 10 months in country

* Bangkok 03 months in country

* Tokyo 06 1/2 months in country

* Hong Kong 03 months in country

* Manila 03 months in country

* Hawaii 06 months in country

* Singapore 03 months in country

* Taipei 03 months in country

* Penang - From 1 July 1969 onwards.

* Kuala Lampur 06 months in country - Closed 1 July 1969

I think below were the British troops on R&R in Pattaya

British troops were involved in "Operation Crown" which involved Royal Engineers building an airfield at Loeng Nok near Mukdahan.

"Operation Crown - Thailand - 1963-68

Edited by chiangmaikelly

British troops were involved in "Operation Crown" which involved Royal Engineers building an airfield at Loeng Nok near Mukdahan.

The above are qualifying times for in country service for going on R&R to certain locations. The question is when did US military first start going to Pattaya on R&R

street.

for a few yrs.

http://en.wikipedia....the_Vietnam_War

Simple1,

Mate, You could answer your question yourself if you had read the 2nd line of my post.

The above are qualifying times for in country service for going on R&R to certain locations. The question is when did US military first start going to Pattaya on R&R

Those are all the locations for R&R for American troops in Vietnam. Bangkok was the R&R location for American troops in Vietnam. American troops may have gone other places in Thailand after coming to Bangkok or American troops who were stationed in Thailand may have gone to Pattaya but it was never a R&R site for Vietnam troops .

One little-known fact is that Thailand leads the world in muders by gun per capita,

Sorry wrong,

http://en.wikipedia....ated_death_rate

Number 1. 51 killing by firearm = Colombia, 2. Salvador 3. Jamaica, 4. Honduras,5. Guatemala, 38 p. 100.000

Down to USA, 4,14 Homicides with firearms and a lot suicides 5+ as everybody has a gun

Thailand is not mentioned in that stats, but Thailand has 4,8 homicides per 100.000, Over all killings with what weapon ever,

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

So, Thailand has about the same killings as the USA Overall per100.000 Inhabitants and with firearms even less or same.

To that your record straight, when you look exactly a bit,

all that -Nation Master- numbers, I think you and many else have their ideas from there,

are a piece of crap, special regarding Thailand!

FROM MY LINK BELOW

Forget Nation Master, since Wikipedia came up,

Nation Master did go down the hill and there must be completely Idiots sitting there!

Idiots who do not like Thailand. since I saw that Nation Master stats, I know now why people say, -I only believe a "stats" if I made it!

-Nation Master- as it seems has been overtaken by -Wikipedia- in many ways, is mostly outdated and looks as a dying Website with some crazy, insane numbers!

And always that wrong numbers pop up here, the fourth or sixth time, I write that here now in a thread.

-Murders- with firearms you mentioned, In -Nation Master- they counted a lot of years together, from some countries more from some countries less years and than, seems with the most years counted, Thailand did Top. Forget that.

In the other Stats, Thailand has 31 !!! killings with fire arms in a year per 100.000 people, USA, only 3 !!!,

doesnot that already RING A BELL?

But at the last stats, Thailand has only 4,8 killings per 100.000 people-inhabitants Over all in a year-including firearms

and every other kind of killing.

So that is completely rubbish in -Nation Master-!

Thailand has 3.000+ Murders in a year now and murders with firearms are not specified, will be in the range of USA, same the Over all murder rate.

http://en.wikipedia....ated_death_rate

Please readers and writers, forget -Nation Master-!

Edited by ALFREDO