Municipal Refuse Dump. Where?

millwall_fan

Does anyone happen to know if there is a public rubbish dump here in Chiang Mai? I've got some soil and brick hardcore to dispose of and in nearly 20 years of coming and going form Chiang Mai I've never had cause to need a refuse dump. Thanks for your help.

I have been asking about the same for a couple of years in Phi Mai as well - no local Thais seem to know where the dump is and the 'garbo's' are keeping it a secret. Think I will need a stealth operation to see where they go to at the end of the run - perhaps they do not want anyone to see what happens to the refuse?

Why not just tip it out at a beauty spot like the Thais do? Don't forget to put plenty of plastic in there while you are at it.

Yes, thank you for that! I'm hoping not to have to do that!

I know Thais are pretty good at recycling and reusing, but surely there must be a municipal tip (a glance at Wikipedia suggests that Americans may well call what I am looking for, a 'landfill' ) maybe everything is burnt in March to contribute to our famous haze!

Following the rubbish lorry is an option but they come round a bit early in the morning for me!

I passed a place on the superhighway the other day between Kuangshing and Kamtieng. Many municipal trucks and guys sorting rubbish. Might be new as as I can't see it on Google maps/streetview but the location was around here: 18.811829,98.988401

Anyway, would think if you call the local Tessabhan/Municpal office they'd come and collect for a small fee. I know they do in Chang Puek.

Edit: sorry, missed the "soil and brick" thing. Would have thought there would be plenty of men with trucks who would take this away? Again, the Tessabhan probably will, I know they collect garden rubbish, whole trees etc.

Edited by Paagai
  • Like 1

I passed a place on the superhighway the other day between Kuangshing and Kamtieng. Many municipal trucks and guys sorting rubbish. Might be new as as I can't see it on Google maps/streetview but the location was around here: 18.811829,98.988401

Anyway, would think if you call the local Tessabhan/Municpal office they'd come and collect for a small fee. I know they do in Chang Puek.

Edit: sorry, missed the "soil and brick" thing. Would have thought there would be plenty of men with trucks who would take this away? Again, the Tessabhan probably will, I know they collect garden rubbish, whole trees etc.

Calling the Tessabaan sounds like a very sensible idea

Edited by OldeBellPedr

Calling the Tessabaan sounds like a very sensible idea

+1