Newcastle United

fcgprg

It's been all over the press in recent months. Don't you read the papers? Once you get planning permission completed for your new ground you can start counting the days. Touch of class shown by the arson attack at your intransigent neighbour's premises.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashley doesn't seem to be the most likeable type of bloke, but you've got to give him his due. Anyway, I reckon he's just getting in some practice at Newcastle before he heads off back darn sarf and takes over some underachieving cockney club - Spurs more than likely. The owners there look like they are close to chucking it in.

Joe Lewis won't sell Spurs until the stadium development is firmly nailed down. Once thats done i agree they will sell when the right offer comes but that will only happen when the potential buyers have a guaranteed match day revenues from a 55000 capacity stadium.

btw, we are not a cockney club, were a London club. West Ham i suppose could be referred to as a cockney club.....amongst other names!!

Scanning the terraces on Saturday, I didn't see one 'Pardew out' banner. Why don't the fans who wanted him out, have the courage of their convictions, and display their anger even in the good times? Or are they now satisfied with someone who they were calling a complete pillock up to two and a half months ago?

Scanning the terraces on Saturday, I didn't see one 'Pardew out' banner. Why don't the fans who wanted him out, have the courage of their convictions, and display their anger even in the good times? Or are they now satisfied with someone who they were calling a complete pillock up to two and a half months ago?

Its football mate, rationality/logic goes out the window, people say one thing today and by tomorrow morning its all forgotten, bizare behaviour really.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Its football mate, rationality/logic goes out the window, people say one thing today and by tomorrow morning its all forgotten, bizare behaviour really.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

80% of the time it's not the manager's fault. The attitude and conviction of the players on the pitch decide the fate of the staff off it. It might be that some shrinking violet of a striker is suddenly crapping himself in front of goal or someone else is sulking over not getting an extension to his already lucrative contract. What I do blame Pardew for, is how long it took him to realise the potential of Iyoze Perez.

It's been all over the press in recent months. Don't you read the papers? Once you get planning permission completed for your new ground you can start counting the days. Touch of class shown by the arson attack at your intransigent neighbour's premises.

And there's me thinking that you had some sort of inside information biggrin.png in fact every club in the country is probably for sale at the right price, even your tin pot little club would probably be sold if someone offered a tenner !

Do you want to go halves with me? I was in wind-up mode (sort of), so please don't take it personally. I've often enjoyed seeing Spurs play my tin-pot club. My favourite was 6-1 in the League Cup, though that's going back a bit (1996). I remember Sir Les giving us plenty of grief at WHL. I was at WHL the day Bill Nicholson died and there was nothing but respect from all our fans; likewise from yours when Muamba collapsed and "died". I like all fans to respect each other, notwithstanding the occasional wind-up. I do think Spurs are ripe for a takeover; probably from some multi-billionaire a la Man City.

Do you want to go halves with me? I was in wind-up mode (sort of), so please don't take it personally. I've often enjoyed seeing Spurs play my tin-pot club. My favourite was 6-1 in the League Cup, though that's going back a bit (1996). I remember Sir Les giving us plenty of grief at WHL. I was at WHL the day Bill Nicholson died and there was nothing but respect from all our fans; likewise from yours when Muamba collapsed and "died". I like all fans to respect each other, notwithstanding the occasional wind-up. I do think Spurs are ripe for a takeover; probably from some multi-billionaire a la Man City.

Good post mate but as i said earlier a takeover is unlikely until the Northumberland Park Project is done and dusted. It wouldn't make financial sense for any party to do a deal until that is secured.

Whether a takeover is for the better is of course dependent on who takes over and i'll go on record now as saying if its some scumbag human rights abuser from Qatar i'll be utterly devastated and it has to be a concern that this might happen

Good post mate but as i said earlier a takeover is unlikely until the Northumberland Park Project is done and dusted. It wouldn't make financial sense for any party to do a deal until that is secured.

Whether a takeover is for the better is of course dependent on who takes over and i'll go on record now as saying if its some scumbag human rights sheik from Qatar i'll be utterly devastated and it has to be a concern that this might happen

I often wonder if our Jewish connections would hinder an Arab Takeover !

Whether a takeover is for the better is of course dependent on who takes over and i'll go on record now as saying if its some scumbag human rights sheik from Qatar i'll be utterly devastated and it has to be a concern that this might happen

I often wonder if our Jewish connections would hinder an Arab Takeover !

Thats possible

• 4 weeks later...

Ashley doesn't seem to be the most likeable type of bloke, but you've got to give him his due. Anyway, I reckon he's just getting in some practice at Newcastle before he heads off back darn sarf and takes over some underachieving cockney club - Spurs more than likely. The owners there look like they are close to chucking it in.

Ashley is not liked at all in Newcastle , but he does now how to make money and run a business.

That does not always suit the supporters .

I think Ashley will go with John Carver for the managers job once Pardew has left the club.

Ashley is not liked at all in Newcastle , but he does now how to make money and run a business.

I think Ashley will go with John Carver for the managers job once Pardew has left the club.

would he want it? the amount of ABUSE THE NEWCASTLE FANS GAVE pardew, tbh imo would put most off, cant imagine what it must have been like for his family living in the area with it, , i reckon ashley will go down the instantly replaceable face less european coach.

would he want it? the amount of ABUSE THE NEWCASTLE FANS GAVE pardew, tbh imo would put most off, cant imagine what it must have been like for his family living in the area with it, , i reckon ashley will go down the instantly replaceable face less european coach.

He didn't get that much crap at home games apart from a few isolated people with banners and a bit of booing (St James's park is the quietest ive ever known it there is no noise anymore) but no more crap than any manager would get with his horrendous run of results, the media can certainly make it to be worse. Those people with the pardewout website were just a couple of losers.

I think lots of managers would want a 2 million pound a year job and similar payout when getting sacked or Ashley sells up, all football is about is money whether that's for players or managers.

Ive a feeling though maybe just blind optimism that Ashley will sell soon so he can go after Rangers, as I cant see him being happy at losing that battle and his business ideology is to buy distressed companies and then rebuild them.

He didn't get that much crap at home games apart from a few isolated people with banners and a bit of booing (St James's park is the quietest ive ever known it there is no noise anymore) but no more crap than any manager would get with his horrendous run of results, the media can certainly make it to be worse. Those people with the pardewout website were just a couple of losers.

I think lots of managers would want a 2 million pound a year job and similar payout when getting sacked or Ashley sells up, all football is about is money whether that's for players or managers.

Ive a feeling though maybe just blind optimism that Ashley will sell soon so he can go after Rangers, as I cant see him being happy at losing that battle and his business ideology is to buy distressed companies and then rebuild them.

IMO newcastle and it's fans have always treated their managers poorly, even bac to robson, keegen, gullit. big sam all left poorly not just sacked or moved over, just badly treated by both fans and or the owners. for a town with so much football knowledge, it aint a great place to be a manager.

IMO newcastle and it's fans have always treated their managers poorly, even bac to robson, keegen, gullit. big sam all left poorly not just sacked or moved over, just badly treated by both fans and or the owners. for a town with so much football knowledge, it aint a great place to be a manager.

Keegan left the 1st time as the club went on the stockmarket and he didn't like being told what to do by city types, the 2nd time it was because he was getting the pee taken out of him by Dennis Wise and his mates who bizarrely took over transfer policy and running of the club and bought people theyd seen on youtube. 6 million for Xisco on a 50K 5 year contract, and he got 1 goal. (Keegan had a deal in place for Modric, who had just took England apart at Wembley)

Robson was let go by the owner as he was getting on, the fans never wanted him out.

Big Sam was delighted to go as he got 5 million pound payoff for being in the job for a few months, he was booted as a new owner came in. The dreadful players he bought got the club relegated the following year. The fans didn't want him out.

Gullit had the club in the bottom with 1 point in 6 games, a team that had Shearer, Speed, Lee, Pearce, Solano etc.. and he had totally lost the dressing room. The fans didn't want him out.

Pardew was utterly useless and should never have got the job in the first place, the bloke is totally out of his depth and gets sacked from 1st Division clubs, at any other club he'd have gone last May. The fans wanted him out.

Look at the way supporters of the Man U franchise were with Moyes after 1 bad season in 20 odd in team in transition, and the way Liverpool franchise followers were with Rodgers in his first season when instant success wasn't forthcoming.

But you just keep on believing pricks like Paul Merson and such like, easier than having to deal with facts.

i can't imagine what manager in his right mind would seriously want to work for Ashley and Llambias. Sadly i cannot see NUFC moving forward until you are rid of them.

Llambias is at Rangers they didn't replace him as its cheaper that way. The club is ran like a non league club with minimal staff and no attempt at marketing the club and making money from merchandising, but I wholly agree it really is a thankless task and any decent manager or upcoming manager would be best to stay well clear so long as Ashley is ruining the club.

Best any incoming manager can realistically do is play attacking football and get the club mid table, and put the best team out for cup games whilst the club flogs the best players, and not be a mouthpiece for the owner as Pardew was.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was a nice moment when the ref booked him for a late tackle and couldn't keep a half smile off his face whilst doing so. No special treatment once the action starts and probably none expected from Jonas too. You're booked, you're properly back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived