Charupong Becomes Head Of Pheu Thai

webfact

POLITICS

Charupong becomes head of Pheu Thai

The Nation

30193347-01_big.jpg

Kittirat

Kittirat elected deputy leader

BANGKOK: -- In a surprise move, Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittirat NaRanong was elected a Pheu Thai Party deputy leader on Tuesday.

Kittirat was given the position during the Pheu Thai assembly, which saw the election of Interior Minister Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan as its new leader and the appointment of a new executive board.

There was surprise at Kittirat's inclusion on the board, as Pheu Thai is known for excluding key members from the executive board for fear that party may be dissolved and its executives may face a fiveyear political ban. The party has been using this strategy since the Thai Rak Thai and People Power parties were dissolved by court orders.

Political observers said Kittirat's appointment to the board could have both advantages and disadvantages. Kittirat is known to be the righthand man of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra so as a member of the board, he could help promote the party's image and coordinate between Yingluck and the party.

On the other hand, if Pheu Thai were to be dissolved like the Thai Rak Thai and People Power, Yingluck would lack a righthand man to help her run the country, the observers said.

Charupong's leadership was not unexpected. There was speculation that he would become the new Pheu Thai leader after Yongyuth Wichaidit stepped down.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-31

Admirable choice in my eyes. A born again self confessed embroiderer of the truth should fit in well with the rest of the P.T.P..

Please take this three times a day after groveling to your puppet master and your position will become a sinecure.

con-man4.jpg

• Like 1

On the other hand, if Pheu Thai were to be dissolved like the Thai Rak Thai and People Power, Yingluck would lack a righthand man to help her run the country, the observers said.

The only man that matters is in Dubai

Thaksin-thinks-1.jpg

Thaksin Thinks, Pheu Thai Acts

I'll never forget the first words uttered by him when he was finance minister as they were classic and I quote:

The 300 baht minimum wage will not have much of an effect (on the budgetry bottom line) as it is a "one off tax"!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!

What a buffoon!!

I'll never forget the first words uttered by him when he was finance minister as they were classic and I quote:

The 300 baht minimum wage will not have much of an effect (on the budgetry bottom line) as it is a "one off tax"!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!

What a buffoon!!

Yes - but happy to lie and pretend he knows what he is talking about. He'll fit in well.