I Advise My Sister, P M Yingluck, Because She's New, Thaksin Tells Forbes

webfact

FORBES

I advise my sister, PM Yingluck, because she's new, Thaksin tells Forbes

The Nation

30193384-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deposed Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is in frequent touch with his sister, the current PM Yingluck, to advise about official matters as well as family business, he told Forbes magazine in an article published on October 29.

He travels freely outside his homeland and is investing "not very much" in African mining projects to stay occupied while exiled in Dubai, he said. Thaksin said he spoke a few times a week, or more, to Yingluck - often on family affairs but also to advise on official matters.

"Sometimes when there's a hot issue, we talk more. Because I know the people, I know the law, I know international protocols. She is new. She doesn't need to call me, but when she does, I can give her the answers immediately. Because I am sitting here doing nothing."

Thaksin is not shy talking about his behind-the-scenes role both in the party and in policy making, saying, "I am the one who thinks. Like our slogan during the campaign, Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts."

Thaksin met, alone, with Forbes Asia contributing editor Lan Anh Nguyen for nearly an hour at a Dubai hotel he evidently uses for business appointments while residing in a nearby luxury development. Two nights earlier, he had mixed with Thai tycoons and others at an evening event at the Forbes Global CEO Conference in Dubai.

Thaksin also said that since soon after Yingluck took power in 2011, his Thai passport was restored and he has been able to travel widely on it. He continues to have backup passports issued by supportive governments such as Montenegro where he has property. He said he recently visited the US and was received by Henry Kissinger for a chat.

Thaksin confirmed previous reports that, through his Global PS business, he has invested "so far…about US$30 million" in African mining concessions.

These projects have arisen at the invitation of friendly leaders of the respective governments, Thaksin said his firm was not sharing investment stakes at this point. "In doing mining if you brought a strategic partner in the beginning you have no value… Because they are big and you are small. I am like a start up again. Starting up at 60 is not fun. But anyway this is not serious for me. It's a type of venture."

Thaksin admitted that he knew nothing of mining going in, but said he has spurned other international opportunities in telecom, the major source of his original fortune. Returns in that sector no longer justify getting back into it, he said.

Read : Edited transcript of Forbes with Thaksin

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-31

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there we are Thaksin openly bragging about who actually runs this current maladministration. The amazing fact is that Dubai is big enough to accommodate Thaksin and his ego.

One can only surmise that his interest in mining operations is so as he can push Thailand and its people into an even deeper shaft of debt due to the Ponzi rice pledging scam scheme along with all the other debt creating schemes scams that his puppets are introducing so as to create the world largest money pit that will the way it is going surpass the Greek and Spanish debt scenario's without a doubt. ฺ

• Like 2

Thaksin is not shy talking about his behind-the-scenes role both in the party and in policy making, saying, "I am the one who thinks. Like our slogan during the campaign, Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts."

Now this should be interesting for PTP and Yingluck to respond to. Never underestimate Thaksin's ability to shoot himself in the foot.

• Like 1

He's shot himself in the foot, again.

It takes a certain type of idiot to confirm everything he has said in this article, he really is clueless and he has handed even more ammunition to his opponents.

Good.

Certainly, the timing is good, coming mere weeks before the no-confidence vote comes up. The government will win the vote, of course, based simply on the number of seats - but the PR that the Dems and BJT gain could be considerable.

Here is the article in full LMAO.

Five pages of Q's and A's to leave you in no doubt about the turmoil going on inside this mans head! I love the very last para where he slags off the 'two English newspapers' in Thailand. Read and enjoy! it's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair! Page 3 is particularly good!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timferguson/2012/10/30/qa-thaksin-sits-down-with-forbes/

• Like 2

It takes a certain type of idiot to confirm everything he has said in this article, he really is clueless and he has handed even more ammunition to his opponents.

Good.

Certainly, the timing is good, coming mere weeks before the no-confidence vote comes up. The government will win the vote, of course, based simply on the number of seats - but the PR that the Dems and BJT gain could be considerable.

PR has little value in Thailand. Money has.

• Like 1

When she was 35 year old she became CEO of AIS, the biggest mobile phone operator in Thailand. At that time, we had 40 million subscribers

Either he's talking <deleted> or she really screwed up and lost 20 million subscribers while she was CEO.

http://investor.ais.co.th/en/Report-Operational-Subscribers.aspx

• Like 1

Good.

PR has little value in Thailand. Money has.

Still, knowledge is power; and if more knowledge gets disseminated to the Thai people late in November, the country will be better off, if only marginally. The rally last weekend was a small start; the no-confidence debate can continue to try to counteract the UDD/PTP/Red shirt propaganda.

• Like 1

When she was 35 year old she became CEO of AIS, the biggest mobile phone operator in Thailand. At that time, we had 40 million subscribers

Either he's talking <deleted> or she really screwed up and lost 20 million subscribers while she was CEO.

http://investor.ais....ubscribers.aspx

Well on reading the interview, he is in fact talking a lot of <deleted>.

Thaksin is not shy talking about his behind-the-scenes role both in the party and in policy making, saying, "I am the one who thinks. Like our slogan during the campaign, Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts.

Why does this guy always make me through up?---wai2.gif

Now this should be interesting for PTP and Yingluck to respond to. Never underestimate Thaksin's ability to shoot himself in the foot.

The thing that amazes me is that he seems so unaware as to what he has done - Yingluck should be thinking "oh no not again" but she is probably just as oblivious as her egotistical brother!!!

Laugh-a-minute Shinawatra's, well it would be if they weren't destroying the country they claim "to love" in the process through their failings and misguided policies!!!

That's not the rule of the game. Taksin should play by the rules that he established himself when he was in power. This country does not need to be ruled or advised by a convincted criminal escaping his punishment, through a puppet that happens to be his younger sister. She on the other hand, if not found clever enough to do the job herself (which becomes more and more clear), should not have put herself as candidate for a puppet-pM. It's insane! Sheer Shinwatra habits! This country is being hijacked by the Sinwatra clan! And the red shirts do not see that????

The next evil we need here is a change of the constitution for getting this criminal back in power with full amnesty. The Thailand = the abyss... His cronies are getting back in power, one by one...

• Like 1

"She is new." She has to call up Brother Number One to find out what to do. If this is so, how on earth can a country that takes itself seriously end up with her as Prime Minister?

It's an embarrassment to all thinking Thais, and they certainly made a point of that at the rally last Sunday.

Thaksin's interview has added more to the humiliation of the Thai people. And he has no idea of how outrageous his comments are.

Something's gotta give.

Very true indeed. What a humiliation to the Thais and what an indirect insult from big brother to a sister. Even small countries or companies has a leader that actually knows what to do.

Here is the article in full LMAO.

Five pages of Q's and A's to leave you in no doubt about the turmoil going on inside this mans head! I love the very last para where he slags off the 'two English newspapers' in Thailand. Read and enjoy! it's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair! Page 3 is particularly good!

http://www.forbes.co...wn-with-forbes/

Thank you for the link, an absolutely entertaining interview!!clap2.gif

• Like 1