I Advise My Sister, P M Yingluck, Because She's New, Thaksin Tells Forbes

webfact

Remember Thaksin telling the BBC that he was through with politics, that enough was enough, he just wanted to retire?

Yet another lie by the fugitive from afar!

obviously he changed his mind like mark did.

Mark resigned and said he would only return if the party would vote for him (wanted him to return)..

Please tell the truth.

Mark resigned and said he would only return if the party would vote for him

he said that when he resigned? source please.

Abhisit insisted that when he announced his resignation he had no plans to return to the party leadership

source wikipedia, i'm sure you know how to use wikipedia to find the authenticity of this quote...

Edited by nurofiend

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit insisted that when he announced his resignation he had no plans to return to the party leadership

source wikipedia, i'm sure you know how to use wikipedia to find the authenticity of this quote...

K. Thaksin changed his mind, a few times even. Like in 2011-05-31

"Interviewed by Radio Australia at his luxury home in Dubai, Mr. Thaksin said he has no ambition to return to political power and finds it convenient to run his international business empire from the Persian Gulf nation."

http://www.voanews.c...634/167549.html

K. Abhisit resigned as party leader ( http://tastythailand...emocrat-leader/ ) which is not really the same as quitting from politics. Wiki says he was re-elected as party leader ( http://en.wikipedia....hisit_Vejjajiva ). Your quote from wiki might be on another page, please tell us which one.

So, having looked at the evidence it seems clear that k. Thaksin changed his mind (a few times) whereas k. Abhisit was straight and consistent smile.png

• Like 1

K. Thaksin changed his mind, a few times even. Like in 2011-05-31

"Interviewed by Radio Australia at his luxury home in Dubai, Mr. Thaksin said he has no ambition to return to political power and finds it convenient to run his international business empire from the Persian Gulf nation."

http://www.voanews.c...634/167549.html

K. Abhisit resigned as party leader ( http://tastythailand...emocrat-leader/ ) which is not really the same as quitting from politics. Wiki says he was re-elected as party leader ( http://en.wikipedia....hisit_Vejjajiva ). Your quote from wiki might be on another page, please tell us which one.

So, having looked at the evidence it seems clear that k. Thaksin changed his mind (a few times) whereas k. Abhisit was straight and consistent smile.png

is there a point in telling you which page, will it make any difference to your opinion, if yes then i will show, if not, it's a pointless exercise for me and why would you even bother to ask?

"k. Abhisit was straight and consistent"

him insisting that when he announced his resignation he had no plans to return to the party leadership is consistent in your eyes?

i'm sure you're gone to bed now as it's 3.10am wai2.gif , so you can answer me in the morning.

Edited by nurofiend

is there a point in telling you which page, will it make any difference to your opinion, if yes then i will show, if not, it's a pointless exercise for me and why would you even bother to ask?

him insisting that when he announced his resignation he had no plans to return to the party leadership is consistent in your eyes?

i'm sure you're gone to bed now as it's 3.10am wai2.gif , so you can answer me in the morning.

I guess your original "obviously he changed his mind like mark did." with Thaksin explicitly saying to be through with politics is the same as Abhisit saying not planning to return as party leader. In your eyes that is.

So let's complete the sentence from Wiki

"Abhisit insisted that when he announced his resignation he had no plans to return to the party leadership, but pressure and support from within the party convinced him otherwise. He has also said he wants to "expand the party" and hopes to win 88 more seats at the next election."

http://en.wikipedia....hisit_Vejjajiva

Now let's go back to Thaksin bashing instead, he's the subject of the topic after all.wink.png

Mark resigned and said he would only return if the party would vote for him (wanted him to return)..

Please tell the truth.

Nice try.

What should Abhisit have said: I resign and come back tomorrow? Ok, he said he had no plans TO RETURN TO THE PARTY LEADERSHIP (as you confirmed). The party asked him to come back.

http://english.cntv....04/109828.shtml

Thaksin said he WAS DONE WITH politics and would go play golf. Abhisit NEVER said he was DONE with politics.

2 very different situations my friend. (to be honest, you probably don't even know the difference)

Edited by Nickymaster

Remember Thaksin telling the BBC that he was through with politics, that enough was enough, he just wanted to retire?

Yet another lie by the fugitive from afar!

You manage to hit your "Mark" button.........again?tongue.png
  • Like 1

I guess your original "obviously he changed his mind like mark did." with Thaksin explicitly saying to be through with politics is the same as Abhisit saying not planning to return as party leader. In your eyes that is.

"Abhisit insisted that when he announced his resignation he had no plans to return to the party leadership, but pressure and support from within the party convinced him otherwise. He has also said he wants to "expand the party" and hopes to win 88 more seats at the next election."

Now let's go back to Thaksin bashing instead, he's the subject of the topic after all.wink.png

so you avoid the simple question of whether you think him insisting that when he announced his resignation he had no plans to return to the party leadership is consistent in your eyes?

let's just leave it at "oh but he didn't do it in the same way as thaksin" then.

@nickymaster

why do you have to throw in the slur at the end? it's just childish and from now on i'm just going to report them instead of getting into spats with you.

i just get holidays for my troubles.

btw ye're all clearly just defending based on wordplay, he said if he got less than a certain number of seats he would review his performance, then he announced his resignation, then he proclaimed that when announcing his resignation he had no plans to come back.

you can translate that however which way you want but the fact remains he did a flip flop on his stated intentions.

Because I am sitting here doing nothing

Well get off your ass and send some money to the poor then!

As an aside, I'm glad Yingluck has such nice, long locks or it'd be tough to tell them apart. whistling.gif

You really need to go to an optician.

Because I am sitting here doing nothing

Well get off your ass and send some money to the poor then!

As an aside, I'm glad Yingluck has such nice, long locks or it'd be tough to tell them apart. whistling.gif

You would though, wouldn't you?

so you avoid the simple question of whether you think him insisting that when he announced his resignation he had no plans to return to the party leadership is consistent in your eyes?

let's just leave it at "oh but he didn't do it in the same way as thaksin" then.

I'd love to answer your simple question, but I'm afraid we'd end up in a discussion of the English language. That wouldn't be fair if only because as non-native English speaking Dutch uncle I'd have an inherent advantage.

So although I might have planned to answer, I feel inhibited by forum rules. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I'd love to answer your simple question, but I'm afraid we'd end up in a discussion of the English language. That wouldn't be fair if only because as non-native English speaking Dutch uncle I'd have an inherent advantage.

So although I might have planned to answer, I feel inhibited by forum rules. rolleyes.gif

You don' have to be fluent in English to understand the sheer volume of this ridiculous comparison. How many times has Thaksin announced quitting politics?

Dozens upon dozens.

Thaksin confirmed previous reports that, through his Global PS business, he has invested "so far…about US$30 million" in African mining concessions.

Blood diamonds, my first thought of his investment.

His company's main focus is mining dirty coal to export to fuel the smokestack furnaces of the over-polluted Chinese.

Edited by Buchholz

You don' have to be fluent in English to understand the sheer volume of this ridiculous comparison. How many times has Thaksin announced quitting politics?

Dozens upon dozens.

at least i can say they both completely u-turned on what there intentions were.

this is where the bias comes you see.

it was quite a straightforward question rubl, if you wish to avoid it then that's fine by me. wai2.gif

• Like 1

Thaksin confirmed previous reports that, through his Global PS business, he has invested "so far…about US$30 million" in African mining concessions.

Blood diamonds, my first thought of his investment.

That was their lady minister who was on the US blacklist. Nice guess though.

“The best solution for the current political crisis is to amend the constitution to pave the way for political reform.”

“The only way out of the current crisis is to amend the Constitution.”

Abhisit Vejajiva

Do you have an original link to those quotes. I'd like to see the context.

Edit: Ahh ... I see the first quote was said in February 2006.

Edited by whybother