Irishman Found Floating Face-Down In His Swimming Pool At South Pattaya Estate

Rimmer

Irishman found floating face-down in his Swimming Pool at South Pattaya Estate

PATTATA:--An Irish National was found dead in his swimming pool on Wednesday afternoon. Police were alerted by staff from a Pool Cleaning Company who had gone to the house of Mr. Sean Muire Burgess aged 58 from the Republic of Ireland, located at the Golden Mountain Villa 2 Estate in Soi 5 off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya just after 5pm.

Lying face-down in the center of the private swimming pool was the naked body of Mr. Burgess who is thought to have died no more than 3 hours prior to the discovery, by workers from the Mr. Pool Service Company. No obvious signs of injury were seen during an initial inspection of the body and nothing inside the house or around the pool area suggested foul play.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...pattaya-estate/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Condolences to Mr Burgess,s friends and family RIP. I suppose we all have to realise our bodies don’t last forever eventually we all have to die, good to see this sad death of x pat is not clouded by usual mystery and suspicions regarding some Thai woman.

• Like 1

Not being a pathologist if I found someone like that I would pull him out of the water and try and resuscitate him. For all you know it might of just happened. No doubt I will get flamed for my comments.

Why is he still in the pool for the picture opportunity? I hope that when I die I have my clothes on.

I did not know him but RIP.

Edited by maprao

R.I.P to a fellow Irishman, Have to say that we often swim naked as our nearest neighbour is some 150 metres away and due to the position of our property only the monkeys in the jungle can see us and maybe those in the odd aircraft that fly by on occassions. We all have to go at some time I just hope it is when I am having my wicked way !!!!!!!!

Not being a pathologist if I found someone like that I would pull him out of the water and try and resuscitate him. For all you know it might of just happened. No doubt I will get flamed for my comments.

Why is he still in the pool for the picture opportunity? I hope that when I die I have my clothes on.

How many Thai people you know that have been to CPR training?

Try as I might, I can't even imagine a thai putting forth the energy to quickly remove a farang body from the water and try to resesitate

Sent from my Android using Thaivisa Connect App

wai2.gifPoint taken

No flame from me, I agree with you, but it never seems to happen in Thailand, Thais just don't try to help in a situation like this, maybe they don't know what to do.

No I certainly haven't. However there are the Sawangburibon (sorry don't know how to spell it) Many young Thai do a one year stint in that service as volunteers to earn merit. I wonder if they are CPR trained?

Why are they found naked so often?

Obviously you don't yet understand the Pattaya male expat mentality. Many would wander around naked on the streets if legal.

You are spot on. Around our villages in Isaan are three farangs that are two weeks in Pattaya and the other two weeks here in Sakon Nakhon. They behave here in Isaan as if they are still in Pattaya.

R.I.P Fellow Irishman. The big Question is was he married if so where was his wife its sad to say many Thai women will resort to anything for money including killing their farang partner. Some people who replied to the topic claimed to have know him can you please tell us if the poor man was married.

Why would you suspect foul play when from the initial inspection of the gentleman's body there were no obvious signs of injury to be seen, and nothing inside the house or around the pool area suggested foul play?

Also a friend of the deceased has already mentioned that he'd had a bad time with his health in recent years.

RIP Mr Burgess

No disrespect to the man--but ive never met one thai willing to touch a naked man without getting paid 1st

Why are they found naked so often?

If you were swimming alone in your own private pool would you bother wearing trunks? I wouldn't.

(The advisability of swimming or climbing ladders if there no one else around is another matter. Personally I wouldn't do either under any circumstances.)

Well actually yes I would and do. If I am swimming for exercise reasons, it just seems more comfortable.

There is always the possibility of the doorbell ringing, or the pool service people arriving.

We are actually mostly normal people here in Pattaya.

• Like 2

About 170. My staff who all have to pass CPR and general first aid training on a yearly basis.

Ignorant comment.

Not many around think as you do. Excellent call to make that training mandatory.

A tip o' the hat to ya' mate.

I am no pathologist, either, but since they estimated his death as more than 3 hours prior, my guess would be that you would NOT want to go anywhere near his body, much less his mouth. Also, my firefighter/paramedic friend always jokes about how CPR is just something to keep people busy while waiting for the professionals to arrive, as its effectiveness is not great, and often times, people do more harm than good since they do not perform it correctly, even if they have been 'trained'.

Edited by RaoulDuke