Lamphun Furniture Factory

westbounder

There's an area down that way, where a lot of low end laminated chipboard is made and sold. In fact I've been there before there are lots of outlets around a village or two but long time ago can't remember where.

Friend told me just last week about a sort of industrial estate outside Lamphun making this stuff.

Would also be interested in directions.

Edited by cheeryble

Actually most kitchens, or their carcasses at least, are still made of this stuff in the west.

They have improved enormously.

It was mostly the way the fittings were incorporated into the piece which didn't do the job properly.

These have improved enormously, at least on the better quality units. The load is now spread so the chipboard holds.

Edited by cheeryble

I am not sure how this tread moved on to chip board. There are very few places that build with it except large factories that sell to Index, Big C, etc...

Along the highway are many shops. as well as the few minute drive to Ban Tawai. There are hundreds of small shops that will build most anything for you. Plywood, boxed frame, solid teak, or other wood. And the cost really is very low. My large solid teak dining table with chairs, made to last a lifetime and hand down was less then the chip board tables at index.

They make wonderful stuff look around and see who you like to work with, ans some will not want to work with you also

I am not sure how this tread moved on to chip board. There are very few places that build with it except large factories that sell to Index, Big C, etc...

Along the highway are many shops. as well as the few minute drive to Ban Tawai. There are hundreds of small shops that will build most anything for you. Plywood, boxed frame, solid teak, or other wood. And the cost really is very low. My large solid teak dining table with chairs, made to last a lifetime and hand down was less then the chip board tables at index.

They make wonderful stuff look around and see who you like to work with, ans some will not want to work with you also

You are talking about a different place .Ban Tawai is near to HangDong .I agree though that Ban Tawai is the best place to buy quality furniture .

A lot of the furniture i bought in Ban ma ended up cracking .I guess that the wood was not allowed to dry out properly .( its mostly soft wood in Ban Ma )

Edited by anto

Easy to find, i live close by, in fact i was there yesterday.

Follow Highway 11 to Lamphun, there is a Makro & Big C on the right as you approach the flyover.

Do not go over the flyover keep left and go on to the traffic lights, turn left, this will take you to a shopping area

with banks and markets on your right.

Follow on about 1 to 1.5 kilometers until you see a 7/11 on your right, turn right immediately before the 7/11, follow this road for about 1 kilometer

until the road narrows, there is a car wash on your left, you should turn left just before the car wash.

There are many furniture stores most of them manufacture down there 500 to 600 meters, we usually go to the first one on the right.

Good hunting

Ban Ma is okay if you are looking for cheap furniture made either of laminated chipboard or repurposed packing wood (varying from hard and heavy to soft and light - species unknown). Neither is great quality, but okay for what it is.

If you want better quality and are willing to pay the premium (really not too much more if you shop around a bit) then head for BaanTawai.

You pays your money and makes your choice...