" You're A Very Lucky Man"

george

I'm betting they are fortune tellers.

Haha, indeed, one came up to me once and we talked; I was to be ... well win the lottery and merry within a year (If I'd wanted to). At one moment we talked about business ... I was to be a poor, modest or rich businessman ... It depended on the amount of money I'd put in his hands. I gave him some and he said : "You will not be rich ! :o ..." Hahaha, bugger off, beggin' bloke ! Poor son-of-a ... gun :D.

Fortune tellers. I haven't seen them about for a while coz used to be loads down Khao San years back but got clocked by one yesterday when I was heading for a game of pool (just down the road from subways by the skytrain right George?).

I was with a mate at the time and in a rush otherwise I would have just done the usual and wound the guy up and gave him nowt. :o

The Indian guys are definitely fortune tellers. Harmless enough. The ones you have to watch are the Filipino guys who pretend to be Thais. If you tell them you're from the USA they ask which state and no mater which state you tell them it's always, "that's where my sister lives". Then they try to start up a conversation which leeds to an invite to play some cards, where if you are stupid enough to go, they rip you off. No mater what the come on line is they are trying to rip you off in someway.

The old fillipino scam is often used by the Thais thse days, also the other line is "where you from" followed by "my sister/daughter et.c is going to university there soon, could you come to my house to tell her more about it" followed by an introduction to the 'card game'.

How people get suckered into that one I just don't know, greed I suppose. :o