Prime Minister Yingluck Highlights The Importance Of The Rule Of Law

webfact

Then why is it only selectively applied in Thailand? Rule of law? That's a joke. Unless you drive Ferrari's - do drugs and murder, murder rivals in night clubs and are the son of Police, or perhaps are a brother of the PM and milk a country of billions - then by all means, go ahead and apply equality of law and prove your ridiculous statements. Just another attack of verbal diarrhea. Keep taking the pills, you'll get over it.

Yes good points, every government steals the Treasury blind, every rich or connected person never faces the law, and yet the rule of law is cited as important to democracies. And so it is, however who ever claimed this was a democracy? I keep reading all the anti-Taksin comments, but hey, hand it to sis, she has does have a great sense of humour and adds a nice twist to the ironic. Thing is even if they are booted, nothing will change, nothing ever has in the 25 years I've been here and nothing ever will.

Sort of the stupidity of expecting change from idiot Bush to lying Obama or that slime Romney, same people always pulling the levers, how can there ever be change that you can believe in? Wake up and smell the roses, politics is about choosing minor variations of the same corrupt people that always support the same PTB.

Did the fragrant PM-Yingluck find time to mention, whether the rule of law also applies to her brother, or not ? wink.png

Next Question please ! giggle.gif

The brothers case is from far before this new rule! So can't be used, anyway.giggle.gif

Also the lifetime of rules, in thailnd, is sometime even to the lifetime of warranty for products: Leaving the location,.....!whistling.gif

I could not read through this story, a cabinet full of crooks, a brother who is a fugitive from the law and who giving orders to the government from afar, rampant corruption at all levels of government and society as a whole, and she is talking about rule of law. Is this story a work of satire, because I'm really having a hard time finding it funny?

• Like 1

27 posts from people who must be so happy to be amongst Thai people and living here.

She is the Prime minister, adjust.

Her comments also make sense,by the way.

You, and you alone, seem unable to detect the tiny little bit of hypocrisy in her statements. Why is that so?

• Like 2

27 posts from people who must be so happy to be amongst Thai people and living here.

Her comments do make perfect sense. That is how the law should be applied, justly and without bias.

However the reality of t he situation is that when you have a National Police Chief going to Hong Kong to have his rank insignia pinned on his chest by a convicted criminal because he doesn't think it was fair he was convicted (and please remember the police are there to enforce the law, not decide who is innocent or guilty and on personal note i'd like think the National Police Chief would know this and set an example)

Against that sort of backdrop of the National Police Chief sticking two fingers up to the courts and their rulings, you can fully understand the frustration, laughter, piss taking and general consensus that gap between her words and real life is astronomical.

But you are right - her comments do make sence

• Like 2

"But for the rule of law to be effective, the Prime Minister pointed out that it must be based on a number of factors. One of the most important is equality before the law and equal treatment under the law."

If she feels so strongly about it, why doesn't she insist that the law must apply to her fugitive brother as well? Oh, hold it...

"People must truly feel that they are being treated equally and fairly."

...that's why. After all, her brother feels that he is not being treated equally and fairly, because of course all cases against him have been, and are, and always will be 'politically motivated', or so he chooses to believe in his delusional mind.

You, and you alone, seem unable to detect the tiny little bit of hypocrisy in her statements. Why is that so?

Love is blind?rolleyes.gif
  • Like 2

You're right that her comments make sense it's just that they don't seem to applied very well in Thailand.

Can you explain this comment?

"She is the prime minister, adjust"

Adjust to what? Adjust to the fact that she's the prime minister? I must admit that I'm having trouble adjusting to a PM who seems to never be in parliament to answer questions.

I'm sure there must be a straightforward meaning in that phrase but I can't work out what it is, in the context of the article.

Too much Chang probably

This would be an excellent opportunity to arrest the mastermind and financier of the terrorist bomb attacks throughout Bangkok in 2010. It will be easy to find him seeing as he is currently the deputy house speaker Wisut Chainarun.

Sometimes it is easier to ignore the truth and speak what you want people to hear - the sheep will still follow the farmer, even if she has been talking so much trash it smells like she has been rolling in horse dung all day and night.

The open support and taking of advice by a fugitive convicted of large, serious crimes, as well as allowing convicted criminals and mafia hoods into your government is exactly the example which contradicts this speech. Words get you noticed, actions make you hated or respected.

Even lawyers need to have a "convention" in Thailand every now and again I guess, to go "golfing" in Pattaya. Lets not take this too seriously, become self-serving at the expense of everyone around you, and everything will be OK - just like the NEW amart - the red shirt government.

Pretty happy to be honest, and many of the Thai people that I live amongst are not happy with Yingluck.

But sadly, many in Thailand (maybe where you live is different, as it mostly is in the south where my partner is from) forget their resentment come election time, when bribes are offered for votes. Many Thais see themselves as just one person, and that the 500b would have more effect on them than their vote would have on the future of themselves, their families, friends and children. Those that take bribes sell this "better future" for just 500 baht, every single time there is an election.

The price of the difference between a good future filled with opportunities created, or a life filled with lesser-opportunities as a direct result of corruption at the highest levels (e.g. the rule of law not applying to everyone) is just that - 5 0 0 b a h t.