Cobra

Personally I think punishments should be much harder for cruelty to animals, maybe not an eye for an eye literally though but getting up there.

actually i agree i would pay money to find out who poisoned my dogs a complete act of discust. not need for it. if the person had a problem he or she should have come to see me.

if i find them i shall let them leave this world the same why my dogs did

• Like 1

Personally I think punishments should be much harder for cruelty to animals, maybe not an eye for an eye literally though but getting up there.

actually i agree i would pay money to find out who poisoned my dogs a complete act of discust. not need for it. if the person had a problem he or she should have come to see me.

Come on Big C, the thread is about cobras - not dogs. rolleyes.gif

sorry.gif Big C, but you are offtopic.gif (like your posts though)

There was a very well documented case of a village not too far from Phitsanuloke where they had a "Kill on Sight" policy towards snakes.

Only a year or two later when their entire supply of rice was savaged by rats did they realise that they should have listened to people who tried to tell them that wasn't the way to go.

To the OP I would say be careful how far off you chase those snakes. I'd rather have the odd snake or three in the garden than regular rats in the kitchen...

• Like 1

There was a very well documented case of a village not too far from Phitsanuloke where they had a "Kill on Sight" policy towards snakes.

Only a year or two later when their entire supply of rice was savaged by rats did they realise that they should have listened to people who tried to tell them that wasn't the way to go.

To the OP I would say be careful how far off you chase those snakes. I'd rather have the odd snake or three in the garden than regular rats in the kitchen...

True. We get on OK with our snakes (including Cobras) and we generally don't have a rat or mouse problem.

You just have to be careful and have a little knowledge of their habits. (And Phil's tel number just in case!)

The creatures here in Thailand have a hard enough time trying to stay alive and ii is easy enough to get to understand them rather

than putting them to death.

Edited by Rooo
  • Like 1

Is there some sort of crash corse in snake catching i could enrole on? as long as it doesn't take more than an hour or so because i'm busy. i just think it would be useful to have a idea of how to grab hold of one and lob it out if it comes into you garden or house.

Is there some sort of crash corse in snake catching i could enrole on? as long as it doesn't take more than an hour or so because i'm busy. i just think it would be useful to have a idea of how to grab hold of one and lob it out if it comes into you garden or house.

I honestly do not think it is a job for anyone, but feel free to contact either of the numbers listed. Perhaps they are willing to hold some sort of little educational hour.

Snake Man – Phil - 089 663 5085

Snake rescue Samui - 089 663 5085

http://www.wikihow.com/Catch-a-Snake

The only crash course I have, is crashing through the fence.tongue.png

cheesy.gif

The only crash course that I know of is from the University of Life. We had a cobra come and visit a week or two after moving in. Used the pool net to move him on - worked fine. I still use the same technique 12 years later. (It's probably the same cobra! whistling.gif

Most of the other snakes, I just pick them up and throw them back into the jungle. These days they slither away as soon as they feel the vibation of your movement. I haven't had to pick one up for years.

The more activity that you have around the house/garden, the more likely they are to stay away.

BTW - I am told that the snake guys will usually only come if you can tell them exactly where the snake is. ie - under the plant pot, in the garage etc. Saying "somewhere in the garden at the back of the house'" probably won't get a visit from them. It will be long gone before they get there. sad.png

Come on Big C, the thread is about cobras - not dogs. rolleyes.gif

sorry.gif Big C, but you are offtopic.gif (like your posts though)

same family bracket as animals. Dogs use as a snake deterant problem dogs have is human spikers

anyway yes dogs act as a use full deterant against snakes then u need another deterant against humans. i would suggest poinsoning a dog poisioner by putting a poisionous snake in the suspect's bed

there 2 topics rolled into 1 smile.png

• Like 1

I honestly do not think it is a job for anyone, but feel free to contact either of the numbers listed. Perhaps they are willing to hold some sort of little educational hour.

Snake Man – Phil - 089 663 5085

Snake rescue Samui - 089 663 5085

Yes snake Man ( Phil ) has a sxth sense when it comes to snakes. most of the time u can hold a long stick up to the snake and wait for it to cruel round it then place it in a bag. those bags used to fill sand act as use storage for them while you take them to snake rescue. they can sit happily for days in those bags. they are not people and don;t have the same needs we do for constanty moving all the time.

i am no expert. but personally i keep a reasonable sized length of blue pipe and cut a shape out of the end to make it a bit like a forky spoony thing which trapes the snakes head between the forks and the snake climbs up the pipe where i normally used to just chucjkjj the pipe into the jungle and wait for it to leave my stick. now with a kid i either kill it or put it in a bag and send it somewhere and release it. The snake farm normally takes them.

maybe you tube has some lessons i normally do most of my schooling on there. given up with spelling