Pepsi Shortage...

....expected after Pepsi split with Serm Suk its distributor who now bottles his own cola drink called EST. It may be some time before Pepsi is available again if they can secure a deal with another bottling plant. Better stock up, especially businesses who have Pepsi printed on their menus.

That depends on how long people call 'so any shortage should be short lived' ?

​I noticed shortages 4 weeks ago of Pepsi Max, 3 weeks ago impossible to get, this also appear to have a knock on with Coke Zero..

​My pickup returned on Sunday, the normal 12 day monthly trip to Hat Yai and all the places in between, down the West side and back the East side..

Every day a visit to Big C or Tesco Lotus = total of 3 bottles of Pepsi Max, and 23 bottles of Cole Zero only

Visit on Monday to both Big C and Big C Extra at Bang Yai = 0 Pepsi Max or Coke Zero, that is now 4 weeks like this.. Never seen this EST stuff

.......... any shortage should be short lived ?

Just out of curiosity here would anyone complain if they were in a restaurant and ordered coke and got Pepsi or the other way round ? Personally I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest as to me they are the same thing just called a different name. Who if they ordered one and told they only had the other would then order a different drink ?

Just curious as said.

Just out of curiosity here would anyone complain if they were in a restaurant and ordered coke and got Pepsi or the other way round ? Personally I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest as to me they are the same thing just called a different name. Who if they ordered one and told they only had the other would then order a different drink ?

Just curious as said.

For a person that enjoys the flavour of one, yes that would be a great difference.

Just curious as said.

For a person that enjoys the flavour of one, yes that would be a great difference.

Nothing like stating the obvious I suppose. blink.png

I was hoping to get an actual answer to my musings ?

If I ask for coke and they tell me they only have Pepsi I have Pepsi.

To me it matters little but to others ?

Just curious as said.

Nothing like stating the obvious I suppose. blink.png

I was hoping to get an actual answer to my musings ?

If I ask for coke and they tell me they only have Pepsi I have Pepsi.

To me it matters little but to others ?

Bert, rude responses like that don't really deserve a reply do they! rolleyes.gif

Just curious as said.

When you put in the vodka they taste the same. ;)

• Like 2

For you, they may taste the same, but I can taste the difference.

I don't really like coke that much, so if they say they only have coke and not pepsi, I'll usually get something else entirely or just drink water.

It's like saying if they don't have your favourite whisky, then any other whisky will do. Would that be OK for you too? Or does it not?

Edited by Mole

Just curious as said.

When you put in the vodka they taste the same. wink.png

Only if you get a slice as well. biggrin.png

I didn't realise Samui could be so boring if all you have to worry about is being out of Pepsi. Maybe should move this to food forum.

Biggest news since the flood in March 2011 when we had tonic water shortage.

If you google "pepsi shortage" this thread comes up as #1.

• Like 1

I didn't realise Samui could be so boring if all you have to worry about is being out of Pepsi. Maybe should move this to food forum.

It was meant to help businesses not running out of this drink.....nothing more, nothing less....boring sure...... same as some replies whistling.gif

Today I went in my favorite restaurant.

All Coca Cola, Pepsi bottles, ads, were replaced by "EST"...

I have nerver seen that (Nor Pepsi nor Coke in a restaurant).

It is amazing... I am not directly concerned as I drink only beer, but it is first time of my life I see Coke and/or Pepsi replaced by poor cola...

Bought a bottle of this "EST" stuff yesterday....... 20 baht for 1 lt...

As for the taste, drank some out of my glass, rest of glass and contents of bottle went down the drain..

​Read yesterday on a Thai new website Pepsi have paid 600 million US$ to come into Thailand, instead of just using a bottling Company here......... the last bottling company refused to renew there ever increasing fees to Pepsi to bottle Pepsi as of 1st November 2012...... also got a Thai to read it for me in-case I misread

I was in Tesco yesterday - large areas of empty shelves where Pepsi and Coke used to be.

Now being filled with EST.

If you like 'the real thing' you might want to stock up - it looks like a marketing deal in there somewhere.

(Lots of Singha, Leo and Archer through - so I am ok thumbsup.gif )

I was in Tesco yesterday - large areas of empty shelves where Pepsi and Coke used to be.

Now being filled with EST.

If you like 'the real thing' you might want to stock up - it looks like a marketing deal in there somewhere.

(Lots of Singha, Leo and Archer through - so I am ok thumbsup.gif )

i think beer is more important as it attracts tourists i can send people into with drawl if they do not get their fix. So lossing pepsi is the lesser of 2 evils

....and Tiger doesn't even make the list???

Guinness???

Sorry, something wrong somewhere.

(The whole site is mis-named as over 90% of the drinks on the list are lagers brewed in completely different ways to beer so not beers anyway).

Edited by yorkie100

Interesting PS. Mind you, I have not seen Singha Gold nor Kloster in Thailand for more than10 years (or maybe more)

Latest review of Kloster 2008, several reviews of Singha gold this year.

I only remember Singha gold in cans, this one is in a bottle.

beer_6446.jpg