Lingering Heat, When Is It Going To Break?

arunsakda

If you mean the afternoon high: that'll be here to stay for a while. HOwever the nighttime low will gradually go a bit lower (and then suddenly a lot lower when the first 'cold snap' arrives), and it will take longer to warm up in the morning and will cool down earlier in the afternoon/evening.

Short version: don't just look at the afternoon high. There aren't too many days in the year when the afternoon high remains significantly under 30 degrees centigrade, and especially not in November.

It will get a little colder for a while and after it has reached the lowest temperatures it will steadily get warmer before the cycle repeats.

On a smaller cycle that could also describe wifey.

Back to the Op, I know for a fact it will be a lot cooler on Tuesday, unfortunately I do not know which Tuesday.

What really is the point of this topic? We have seasons, and as the previous post by Thailand indicates, they rotate every year, the daily, weekly temperature does not.

If anyone can work out exactly when it will "break" the perhaps they should also be putting in a similar effort to determining what the lottery numbers will be at the end of the month.

I'd rather be here than freezing my knackers off somewhere else.

I leave you with the immortal words of Robin Williams.

What's the weather like out there? "It's hot. dam_n hot! Real hot! Hottest things is my shorts. I could cook things in it. A little crotch pot cooking." Well, can you tell me what it feels like. "Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's dam_n hot! It's so dam_n hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot! Do you know what I'm talking about." What do you think it's going to be like tonight? "It's gonna be hot and wet! That's nice if you're with a lady, but it ain't no good if you're in the jungle."

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 1

It's

Hi Arunsakda,You must be new to Chiang Mai,this is not hot,

just right.dont even need the fan on in the bedroom at night.

regards Worgeordie

Agree. Possibly some rain on wednesday which will cool the OP.

Hi Arunsakda,You must be new to Chiang Mai,this is not hot,

just right.dont even need the fan on in the bedroom at night.

regards Worgeordie

Well I'm a part timer but I have been here at least 10 years. Last November there was a day,

either the high broke or a cold front came through with nighttime temps going from 22-23 to 13-15

degrees. Sure is nice, I love our short winters.