Budget A/t Tyres For My 4X4 Strada

MESmith

Rear tyres need replacing. On the front I have Michelin Latitude Cross, less than 2 year old. This is our "second truck", wont be getting a lot of mileage, so looking for some A/T tyres that don't cost an arm & a leg.

Recommendations, please.

Do you want new or secondhand? Standard Strada wheels or aftermarket biggies?

I am looking for a Strada original 6 spoke alloy tomorrow. I had a blowout up country last week and the tyre shop guy said he would change the spare tyre to the rim with the blowout. I thought that was good (as the spare alloy rim is ugly) but when I went to get a tyre for the spare rim yesterday, they fitted the tyre to the rim and went to mount it up under the pick-up bed and the guy says "no can do". The hole in the centre doesn't match the steel plate that has to pass through it and clamp underneath! So this morning out comes the tape measure and the non-genuine spare wheel centre hole is 10mm smaller in diameter than the genuine wheel.

So how did the guy up country take the spare off the carrier, cos I know it was positioned correctly???

http://www.wheelseco...4ab8e8fc016cfce

http://www.wheelsecondhand.com/forum/ if you can find someone to read THai.

This site also sells a lot of new and second hand tires at discount prices. I got my rare retro sized tires from Taiwan there for a very reasonable price. (Sonar) I can't read Thai but was able to figure out how to navigate around the site.

Edited by SoCalChris